Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

20 hours ago, NyjersInParis said:

lost by 5, 4, 3 and 2 points. If that Wilson and lockett td would have stayed, I would have won all four.

That Wilson Lockett TD cost me as well. I'm 2-4 despite being the highest scoring team to date.

f--- this game sometimes.

Might as well get it started for everyone else.

1st round - Kamara

2nd round - Gurley

3rd Round - Mahomes

Yup season is almost dead in this league.

If you are going against the KC defense you'd like to see Flacco at least acknowledge that there are a bunch of 250 pound men charging him on every play. 

• Haha 1

My starting backs are Aaron Jones and Philip Lindsay. Two of the best RBs in the league. Unfortunately, they've both lost lead back duties to JAGs. So, this isn't going to be fun anymore. 

Broncos front office:

Ooh, I know what to do... First, we get an old QB who was mediocre in his prime, and has been terrible for years. Then, we sign an old coach who has no idea how modern NFL offenses work. This is going to be such a fun offense to watch. Can't wait for our prime time games. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

KC DST just scored 23 points, unbelievable, it’s going to be an uphill battle this week. I’m sure my BUF DST will score 3 points this weekend. 

• Like 1

Was against Pats D last TNF. Now Chiefs D this TNF. Not looking good... 

Not that I hope for injuries, but Mahomes going down really helped me as I was projected to lose by 20 and he fell 20 short of his projected. But McManus made sure that wouldn't hold up.

So listen to this lovely string of events: I hold Malcolm Brown for weeks as I knew Gurley would miss time. Gurley gets declared out Saturday heading into week 6 so I bench Curtis Samuel for Brown in my flex and my week 7 opponent grabs Henderson.

I proceeded to lose my week 6 matchup by 5 as Curtis blew up on my bench and Brown got stuffed at the goal-line. 

Brown has now not practiced all week so my opponent this week can start Henderson against a terrible ATL D.

Edited by vthokie3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Also with Mahomes' injury now every single one of my pass catchers has either had their QB injured or gotten injured themselves. 

Kelce-Mahomes knee

Samuel- Cam's foot

Juju- Ben elbow

Crowder-Darnold mono

Cooks-Concussion

Tyrell Williams- Plantar fascitis

Mike William's- Back/knee

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yanki01 said:

i don’t expect much from a kicker but geez BmAc....nothin!!

Was looking alright on the 1st drive when he was setup for a 50 yard attempt then penalties killed that. No XP either and the missed 45 yarder. I love starting off my week with a goose in my lineup…

7 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Also with Mahomes' injury now every single one of my pass catchers has either had their QB injured or gotten injured themselves. 

Kelce-Mahomes knee

Samuel- Cam's foot

Juju- Ben elbow

Crowder-Darnold mono

Cooks-Concussion

Tyrell Williams- Plantar fascitis

Mike William's- Back/knee

7 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

So listen to this lovely string of events: I hold Malcolm Brown for weeks as I knew Gurley would miss time. Gurley gets declared out Saturday heading into week 6 so I bench Curtis Samuel for Brown in my flex and my week 7 opponent grabs Henderson.

I proceeded to lose my week 6 matchup by 5 as Curtis blew up on my bench and Brown got stuffed at the goal-line. 

Brown has now not practiced all week so my opponent this week can start Henderson against a terrible ATL D.

Just wanted to point out these are in the same league

getting this out of the way in advance. Of course John Brown goes off for 150 yds and a TD the week I face him in all 3 of my leagues

Edited by vthokie3

11 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

getting this out of the way in advance. Of course John Brown goes off for 150 yds and a TD the week I face him in all 3 of my leagues

Me too, I’ve faced mike Evans, fuller, and Diggs all on their blow up weeks. I can basically assure this will happen. 

1 hour ago, Ryansm11 said:

Me too, I’ve faced mike Evans, fuller, and Diggs all on their blow up weeks. I can basically assure this will happen. 

Didn't have face Diggs last week but did face Conner+Tate who had their best games in a while. I've had 710 points scored against me in standard so far this season. Awful. Basically 118 points per game with regular rosters/scoring :(

If I lose this week im dropping my entire team for the miami dolphins starting lineup

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jordan23 said:

If I lose this week im dropping my entire team for the miami dolphins starting lineup

If I lose I'm going to retire from the game of fantasy football and take up my long lost passion of crochet. It’s time for me to be a little unselfish and spend some time with my family--to get back to a normal life, or as close to it as I can. If I do decide to come back a year from now or whatever, that’s entirely up to me. Five years down the line, if the urge is there, if the league would have me back, if the commissioner would let me back, I may just come back. Who knows? That’s an option that will never close.

• Haha 2

At the beginning of the year, I thought I had such a stacked team.  Now... I'm questioning everything. Series of events:

QB - Andrew Luck (Retired) 
QB - Cam Newton (Injured)
QB - Big Ben (Injured) 
QB - Now I am running with Daniel Jones / Jimmy G 

RB - Zeke (Holdout, thankfully he signed)
RB - Melvin Gordon (Holdout, finally he's back and under performing)
RB - Joe Mixon (Underperformer)
RB - Justin Jackson (Injured, was rolling in flex spot with MG3 out)

WR - Tyreek Hill (Injured, finally back but now Mahomes hurt)
WR - Julio Jones (Only bright spot but still under performing)
WR - Hollywood Brown (Injured) 

TE - Kelce (Under performing, and with Mahomes hurt will keep under performing)

Fantasy football is fun!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, looking at snap count trends, Lindsay is clearly falling farther and farther behind Freeman. 

This is unquestionably happening, despite the fact that Freeman is a replacement level back, and Lindsay is one of the more dynamic and efficient backs in the league. 

20 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

So, looking at snap count trends, Lindsay is clearly falling farther and farther behind Freeman. 

This is unquestionably happening, despite the fact that Freeman is a replacement level back, and Lindsay is one of the more dynamic and efficient backs in the league. 

I own Freeman and don't want to agree with you but I do -- Lindsay is better. This game makes no sense...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FitzMagic said:

If I lose I'm going to retire from the game of fantasy football and take up my long lost passion of crochet. It’s time for me to be a little unselfish and spend some time with my family--to get back to a normal life, or as close to it as I can. If I do decide to come back a year from now or whatever, that’s entirely up to me. Five years down the line, if the urge is there, if the league would have me back, if the commissioner would let me back, I may just come back. Who knows? That’s an option that will never close.

Reads like the epilogue to a horror novel.

Spot on.