Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

i thought starting Engram as my TE and Henry in the flex spot was smart.

gotta drop/bench Engram now

I thought being down 11 with Wentz and Edelman would be GGs before it even got the Monday. Stupid Wentz....or maybe stupid me not swapping in Rodgers LOL

Had Kerryon, Fitz, Fells, Wentz, and Buf D all s--- the bed. Buf D got me 4 pts vs Miami? Give me a break. The cherry on top was the goose McManus got me on TNF. Wasted good efforts by Fournette and Murray in my lineup. Along with every other WR I own being ruled out this week. And yet I still have the 4th highest score in my league this week so far. I really hate fantasy sometimes. 

Edited by TheINC

Just now, TheINC said:

Had Kerryon, Fitz, Fells, Wentz, and Buf D all s--- the bed. Buf D got me 4 pts vs Miami? Give me a break. The cherry on top was the goose McManus got me on TNF. Wasted good efforts by Fournette and Murray in my lineup. And yet I still have the 4th highest score in my league. I really hate fantasy sometimes. 

How is your DST scoring structured? My Buffalo got me a solid 11 points.

6 minutes ago, JuanSuarez said:

Lost by 3 points with Edmonds and Marvin Jones in my bench. 

You deserve a beer or ten.

22 minutes ago, bigboyish said:

How is your DST scoring structured? My Buffalo got me a solid 11 points.

We've got muted D and K scoring as to not have them outscoring WR1's and RB1's weekly - doesn't seem to help.  Sacks/INTs 1pt, Fumble rec 2pts, TD 6pts, Safety/Block kick 2pts, PA: 0 10pts, 1-6 7pts, 7-13 4pts, 14-20 1pt, 21-27 0pts, 28-34 -1pt, 35+ -4pts. KR/PR TDs go to the individual player and not the DST.  So they got me 0 for the PA, 1 sack, 1 fumble rec., 1 INT for 4 pts

Edited by TheINC

david johnson

engram

dante pettis

montgomery

mclaurin

matt ryan

that is all.

Last night Amari Cooper made like a 15-20 yard catch and his defender got called for pass interference. For some f**ked up reason, instead of letting the play stand, the penalty was enforced, even though the outcome of the play would've been the same.

I lost my week by 1 point.

• Like 1

When one of my teams gets the W with 88 points.. and then the money league loses with 174 points. FU Rodgers.

12 hours ago, Dsr2389 said:

I have no idea why so many of you would bench Waller

Because i have Kelce 👎

3 hours ago, hansen said:

Last night Amari Cooper made like a 15-20 yard catch and his defender got called for pass interference. For some f**ked up reason, instead of letting the play stand, the penalty was enforced, even though the outcome of the play would've been the same.

Brutal, my condolences

11 hours ago, HTXMade said:

This is probably the worst week I’ve ever played in fantasy.

My lineup this week:

Wentz

Julio

Scary Terry

Gordon

Carson

Engram

Coleman

my entire team scored a total of 62 pts!! Never had a week like this. Only 1 combined touchdown from this roster

This was me last week, only 50 pts. Same lineup this week(minus Kamara, plus Lindsay)=111 pts, lol. This s--- is weird

Edited by JCDaly

Maybe it's because I've had two clunkers in a row (after being projected both weeks to score the highest total in my league) but is it just me or is Fantasy Football becoming even more random than ever before?  More so called studs putting up dud performances with guys who weren't even drafted putting up monster weeks. 

12 minutes ago, newyork2la said:

Maybe it's because I've had two clunkers in a row (after being projected both weeks to score the highest total in my league) but is it just me or is Fantasy Football becoming even more random than ever before?  More so called studs putting up dud performances with guys who weren't even drafted putting up monster weeks. 

80% Luck. Maybe more.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JuanSuarez said:

Lost by 3 points with Edmonds and Marvin Jones in my bench. 

lost a close one to a team with Edmonds and Marvin, while I was starting Kyler

Never have the phantom expects been more wrong than with David Montgomery. 

2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

80% Luck. Maybe more.

I used to be in the camp that it was closer to 50/50 or at least 60/40 but unfortunately I think you're right.  

I'm 1-5, every week I have the projected highest score, but I never do. This week I thought, this is my week, I had 3 more points then my opponent. I still had Jeffrey, Gallup and Bell to go and my opponent still has White and Edelman to go. I figured probably get around 30 point lead, but no, Jeffrey and Gallup both sh*t the bed. I saw it coming with both Cooper and Cobb being active. Now I only have a 15 point cushion with Bell still to go, but I bet you anything that deep in the 4th quarter White will catch a ball for like 30 yards making me lose my game by 2 points. It's been like this every week, you play a player and they don't do nothing, the next week they blow up on your bench.

ran into Aaron Rodgers, Marvin Jones, Dalvin Cook, Allen Robinson Greg Zeurline and Jacksonville D this week. Oh ya and I had second most points and would have beat any other team in the league. Fantasy gods can be so cruel

started DJ and benched Edmonds. I magically somehow hold a 1 point lead and praying for no stat corrections.

• Like 1

Just now, yanki01 said:

started DJ and benched Edmonds. I magically somehow hold a 1 point lead and praying for no stat corrections.

Yeah, some of us who started DJ on false information were lucky to survive this week. I hope you do too. Mine was 2x as I also started Gordon over Ekeler. Miraculously I survived.

Started Kerryon Johnson/Freeman/K.Murray ....opponent had bye woes and Lindsay Thursday night.  70% favored into Sunday....lose 1 RB to injury ...okay, second ejected  hmm okay i still got this ....Kyle Murray puts up 6 points...screwed.  Dumpster fire year....

8 hours ago, hansen said:

Sorry but that didn’t happen. Just look at play by play. The only catch that didn’t count for cooper was the td that ended up being offensive holding 

So this is a good encapsulation of how my season has gone. In 2 out of my 4 leagues, I'm 1-5 in both of them. The two leagues that I had the most interest in coming into the season.

Between those two teams, I had basically 4 donuts this week because of injuries. David Johnson and Will Fuller on one team, and Delanie Walker and Kerryon on another. I also had the pleasure of Matt Ryan as my QB. And yes, Chase Edmonds was on my bench.

Within like 5 minutes of Sunday's main slate of games starting, I knew my week was already over (I also had seen that Josh Jacobs had left with an injury, but I guess he returned). So I did something that I haven't done in a long time. I turned off football on tv, and I cleaned my house. And then I did some homework. And I gotta say, I felt a hell of a lot better for the rest of my sunday than I did during those 5 minutes where my blood was boiling I was so frustrated at what I felt was my misfortune.

Fantasy football is like being a gambler. You can spend hours upon hours reviewing, and then a turn of the ankle or a gust of wind in a certain direction can wipe all that research away in the blink of an eye.

I have my fantasy basketball draft tonight, and I gotta say, I don't think I'll be visiting this part of the forum again this year after today.

I'm looking forward to being more productive on Sundays now at least.

Edited by atrium
  • Like 1