Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Well I won my league 2 years in a row and this year it is getting me. On my way to 2-5 in a 16 team league. 

strange thing is I made trades that I thought were making my team a lot better at the right time. 
This week I traded away Kerryon, Woods, and AP for Fournette and Hilton but still lost. 

now I lost thielen for this week in a must win. 
will try and make trades to get my team to have no byes anymore even if it means I’m getting the worse deal. 

frustrating to own the team I do and sucking it up. A lot of big name guys producing nothing this year. 

Matt Nagy at his press conference today...

”I know we need to run the ball more. I’m not an idiot.”

Yes...YES YOU ARE. 🤦‍♂️

• Haha 7

I just want to say a BIG F U to adam schefter for that DJ report. Wish I never saw it. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

80% Luck. Maybe more.

It's 98% luck, 1% draft, 1% waiver wire

• Like 7

Just now, LeeVanCleef said:

It's 98% luck, 1% draft, 1% waiver wire

Draft is pretty much luck too. It's all luck. Waiver wire is luck. 100% luck. Almost lost to the most terrible team this week for the second straight week. Somehow I lucked out a win. Two straight weeks I should have destroyed the opponent, but ended up 1-1, barely. And then you depend on these boneheads on Twitter to relay credible information, not guesses. I totally feel you on the DJ news. That almost cost me right there.

1 minute ago, FitzMagic said:

Draft is pretty much luck too. It's all luck. Waiver wire is luck. 100% luck. Almost lost to the most terrible team this week for the second straight week. Somehow I lucked out a win. Two straight weeks I should have destroyed the opponent, but ended up 1-1, barely. And then you depend on these boneheads on Twitter to relay credible information, not guesses. I totally feel you on the DJ news. That almost cost me right there.

Yeah, it pretty much is 100% luck lol. Murphys law was in full effect this week man. Everyone sh** the bed but I could've at least won the one matchup if I left chase in. The other ones my guys just didn't produce. Top guys either dying from injury or getting under like 5 pts. Its all falling apart lol 

1 hour ago, LeeVanCleef said:

Yeah, it pretty much is 100% luck lol. Murphys law was in full effect this week man. Everyone sh** the bed but I could've at least won the one matchup if I left chase in. The other ones my guys just didn't produce. Top guys either dying from injury or getting under like 5 pts. Its all falling apart lol 

Yep.  If Andy Reid is a total idiot, I walk away with an easy this week.  But Andy Reid gonna Andy Reid . . .

5 hours ago, youngrice said:

Sorry but that didn’t happen. Just look at play by play. The only catch that didn’t count for cooper was the td that ended up being offensive holding 

He's right Yahoo added that 15 yeard catch a few minutes later.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, hansen said:

Last night Amari Cooper made like a 15-20 yard catch and his defender got called for pass interference. For some f**ked up reason, instead of letting the play stand, the penalty was enforced, even though the outcome of the play would've been the same.

I lost my week by 1 point.

Amari got called for OPI, there was also a hold by Dallas on the play too so even without the OPI it wouldnt have counted. Not sure if this was the play you are referring to. How many yards isCooper credited for in your league?

Edited by dakimbell

What a fitting end to the season for my two 1-6 teams....

6PtUKMW.png

hbB68PR.png

1KrBCXm.png

Pvx8rGO.png

Lost by 6 because Bell and Nugent couldn’t get a combined 20. Even more painful knowing pats deciding to punt on MULTIPLE potential 40+ yarders. 

• Like 1

I'm so sad.

I was down 41 with Pats D, Josh Gordon, and Burkhead. I spent a solid 2 hours debating dropping them for Bolden and Meyers but ultimatly I decided the chance to win was really slim and I might need them later on cause I play in a 3 flex league and my 3rd flex rn is Devante Parker. I thought there was no way I would win, so I kept them and thy got 0s and Pats D got 30 with my settings that includes yards allowed and I lost by 11 while Myers and Bolden got 17. I would have won.

There was no one I could have dropped from my bench. It's Olsen, DJ Moore, Kamara, CMC, Adams, Brees (Qb=Goff). I wasn't expecting to win this week cause of injuries and byes, but now it really stings. Did I objectively make a bad move?

my league's scoring had Pats def at 44 points, giving me a 4 point win.  They've already adjusted it to 40 making me lose on bench points. That was a fun 10 minutes of thinking I won.

I lost back to back weeks by .14 and then .4

Started Sam Darnold this week and lost by .4... lol.

Then, last week, I won by 1, but a stat correction caused me to lose by less than one. So in 3 leagues, I've lost by less than 1 COMBINED in the past 2 weeks.

There's definitely only a .000001% chance of all of this happening, right?

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lenny123 said:

my league's scoring had Pats def at 44 points, giving me a 4 point win.  They've already adjusted it to 40 making me lose on bench points. That was a fun 10 minutes of thinking I won.

Not sure if they are counting the safety at the moment. It should count, right?

2 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

Totally forgot about the safety. Was having flashbacks of week 1 where ESPN kept changing the score on a Ravens def about 3 times. Back to having nothing to vent about.

7 minutes ago, ninersdd said:

It should, they took it away from me too. Doesn’t matter if it was holding in the end zone, intentional grounding from the end zone, tackled in the end zone, blocked punt out of the end zone...it’s still a safety on the scoreboard & should count for the DST

34 minutes ago, lenny123 said:

Wow, that's really brutal.

I mean espn is still counting it as a safety.  So I’m guessing the fantasy app will put it back to a safety also?  They got the bonus 2 points. That’s a safety everyday. I also had the pats defense. The safety bonus points in my league will decide if I tie this week or win the matchup. So they better put it back on there lol 

36 minutes ago, Accio55 said:

I mean espn is still counting it as a safety.  So I’m guessing the fantasy app will put it back to a safety also?  They got the bonus 2 points. That’s a safety everyday. I also had the pats defense. The safety bonus points in my league will decide if I tie this week or win the matchup. So they better put it back on there lol 

Espn sent out a tweet that they would not count it as a safety. So freaking dumb, yet they count the saints blocked punt a safety where the bears punter kicked it out of the endzone as a safety.. unreal