Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

All other sites are counting it as a safety. Yahoo CBS all other fantasy sites. And also they counted the exact same thing yesterday for saints. I’ll love to see how they can explain it. Since people are pissed about it 

4 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

I'm so sad.

I was down 41 with Pats D, Josh Gordon, and Burkhead. I spent a solid 2 hours debating dropping them for Bolden and Meyers but ultimatly I decided the chance to win was really slim and I might need them later on cause I play in a 3 flex league and my 3rd flex rn is Devante Parker. I thought there was no way I would win, so I kept them and thy got 0s and Pats D got 30 with my settings that includes yards allowed and I lost by 11 while Myers and Bolden got 17. I would have won.

There was no one I could have dropped from my bench. It's Olsen, DJ Moore, Kamara, CMC, Adams, Brees (Qb=Goff). I wasn't expecting to win this week cause of injuries and byes, but now it really stings. Did I objectively make a bad move?

I think you made the most logical choice and most people would do the same, i wouldn't worry about it. That said personally i would argue Myers is more valuable than Burkhead at this point, even before last night.

Probably worth suggesting to your league manager to have an IR spot or two next season. You shouldn't have to drop a valuable player to find a replacement in a scenario like this.

Edited by Sartorialism
  • Like 1

I don’t think I would watch this garbage sport without fantasy or gambling.  This league is pure garbage.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

I don’t think I would watch this garbage sport without fantasy or gambling.  This league is pure garbage.  

couldn't have said it any better myself ... you complete me 💟

1 hour ago, BeefDaddy said:

I lost by 0.1 points.. FFS

garbage

I "won" by 0.18 points, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up losing once the stat corrections are finalized. 50/50 chance is how I have prepared myself mentally.

So who knows, maybe you'll get a stat correction in your favor!

48 minutes ago, designguy79 said:

I "won" by 0.18 points, but I wouldn't be surprised if I end up losing once the stat corrections are finalized. 50/50 chance is how I have prepared myself mentally.

So who knows, maybe you'll get a stat correction in your favor!

yeah kinda hoping so but i doubt it. So many things went wrong in this match up. From Murray losing yards from Kneeling (come on), to DJ not playing, Fuller getting hurt, golladay getting 2 targets. I was ok with the loss but New England D pushed me that close. FFS

9 hours ago, Accio55 said:

All other sites are counting it as a safety. Yahoo CBS all other fantasy sites. And also they counted the exact same thing yesterday for saints. I’ll love to see how they can explain it. Since people are pissed about it 

ESPN changed it back overnight. Suppose they caught all kinds of crap for it

Not fantasy related but I've been a die hard Jets fan my entire life and GOOD LORD that might have been the worst display of football I've ever seen in my entire life.  

Fantasy wise - not a terrible week - out of 8 leagues went 4-4 this weekend but would have had another W if we knew DJ was virtually inactive and I could have put Chase in instead.  Stupid KK,  

Doubled up on Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams this week and it paid off...except for the fact that Mahomes went down and Chase Edmonds put up 35 on my bench. I would've won if Edmonds was in or if Mahomes didn't die.

Bright side is I have Darnold as my QB now! (please shoot me).

I lost because of this

1st & Goal at NYG 4
(0:34 - 4th) (Shotgun) K.Murray kneels to NYG 9 for -5 yards.

Why the f--- does he take it from the shotgun if you're just going to Knee it.. holy f---. Lose by 0.1 points

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, BeefDaddy said:

I lost because of this

1st & Goal at NYG 4

Why the f--- does he take it from the shotgun if you're just going to Knee it.. holy f---. Lose by 0.1 points

Ouch. I don't understand why kneel downs count as negative rushing yards in the first place. They shouldn't count towards yardage totals at all. 

I dont know but its brutal. Murray took 2 knees at the end of the first half (direct from snapper) for -1 yards each time.. Then end of game he takes it from shotgun resulting in -5 yards which ends up costing me the week. This has to be the worst beat in all of FF ever

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BeefDaddy said:

I dont know but its brutal. Murray took 2 knees at the end of the first half (direct from snapper) for -1 yards each time.. Then end of game he takes it from shotgun resulting in -5 yards which ends up costing me the week. This has to be the worst beat in all of FF ever

That really sucks man, horrible. I remember watching the end of the game and wondering why they would do a shotgun snap to run out the clock, and then take a knee.

Still doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Kyler should be under center in that situation. I don't know what Kliff Kingsbury is thinking with that cutesy kind of stuff, especially with the rain during that game.

• Like 1

Matt Ryan killed me this week, (Thielen getting hurt didn’t help) especially since I played against Rodgers. To make things worse I added Lat Murray on Saturday, but I flexed Fitzgerald instead. Lost by 20, If I flexed Murray I would’ve won. 

Edited by Godeep

2 hours ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

That really sucks man, horrible. I remember watching the end of the game and wondering why they would do a shotgun snap to run out the clock, and then take a knee.

Still doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Kyler should be under center in that situation. I don't know what Kliff Kingsbury is thinking with that cutesy kind of stuff, especially with the rain during that game.

wow ... didn't catch the end of the game, so i had no idea they V'eed from the spread - wtf?

i'da throat punched a mutha if that cost me my magick foosball tilt ... BRUTAL!

Note to self: never own a RB that is on the same team as Frank Gore

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BeefDaddy said:

I lost because of this

1st & Goal at NYG 4

That's so weird, I've never seen a kneel down happen out of shotgun formation.  I'm guessing Murray never snaps the ball under center, but it's still odd because you increase your chances of a botched snap.

Edited by Slimzy17
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Slimzy17 said:

That's so weird, I've never seen a kneel down happen out of shotgun formation.  I'm guessing Murray never snaps the ball under center, but it's still odd because you increase your chances of a botched snap.

Happens all the time in college these days.  Since QB's don't get under center the thought process is not to have them do something they haven't done all game. I haven't watched Zona much this season but I can't remember a snap with him under center.  So assume they employ the same thought process.  Hell if you watched the Penn state vs michigan game last weekend.  St lost 10 yds on three shotgun kneel downs.  

Edited by youngrice
  • Thanks 1

Started off 5-0, traded Conner and Diggs for OBJ before Diggs caught fire, and then proceeded to lose Adams, Kerryon, and Josh Gordon. Oh...and almost forgot to mention Baker Mayfield and Ertz sinking the little bit of a ship I had left to sail with. Went from first place after week 5 to potentially being the worst team in my league the rest of the year...it was fun while it lasted.

• Like 1

4 TDs back to back weeks for Cousins.  Totally carves up the Redskins and doesn't get any TDs.

Wait, are we going to have Week 7 all over again?  Last night's "game" sure makes it seem like it.  Fantasy football isn't even any fun anymore...

Needed 13 points from Kirk Cousins to win a 100 person MNF/TNF contest on fanduel. ******** loser scores 11 points.