Nap Time

2019 Vent & Rant Thread

Wow that's rough. How big is your league? I got Kerryon middle of round 3, so I wouldn't feel bad about him in round 5 at all tbh.

18 hours ago, atrium said:

I've been enjoying revisiting my trainwreck of a draft too much lately to not do it again, soooo let's do it!

R1: Saquon (love you bby)

R2: Gurley (washed up trash)

R3: OBJ (Baker's trash)

R4: Woods (Cooper Kupp's cuck)

R5: Kerryon (injured but also trash)

R6: O.J. Howard (doesn't deserve a descriptor)

R7: Wentz (trash)

R8: Curtis Samuel (inconsistent trash)

R9: Duke Johnson (who?)

R10: Marvin Jones (WW trash)

R11; Dante Pettis (trashier than trash)

R12: Delanie Walker (so old it's got mold on it trash)

R13: Baltimore D (basically a landfill full of trash)

R14: Wil Lutz (Brees's trash)

R15: Latavius (not trash only when Kamara's ankles are trash) 

Thats as bad as the team i drafted.

• Haha 2

FU George kittle!  I had a Coleman td that you negated with your BS holding penalty!!!  Arghhhhhhh

Bid on Drake, won the bid, thought about starting him, decided to bench. FML

• Haha 3

At some point I'm just going to quit using players on Thursdays. Using Kirk, Gould and SF Def and they've all had their worst weeks of the season. You'd think at least the defense against one of the worst offenses in the league could do something. Nope. 

Edited by laracco

I baited my opponent to play Drake and I will probably lose because of it.

This guy is the luckiest guy in the whole league. changes his lineup once a week. He's had Drake since the draft. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, lml417 said:

This guy is the luckiest guy in the whole league. changes his lineup once a week. He's had Drake since the draft. 

>doesn't make crazy changes to his roster every day

>held onto drake because he knew talent when he saw it

i bet this was the first game of the season he started drake. honestly just sounds like he's just really good at this

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, laracco said:

At some point I'm just going to quit using players on Thursdays. Using Kirk, Gould and SF Def and they've all had their worst weeks of the season. You'd think at least the defense against one of the worst offenses in the league could do something. Nope. 

But but but look at that schedule!

Matchup proof! Ha, outside of like 12 guys it's all just a dart throw every week

On 10/30/2019 at 8:45 PM, leffe186 said:

Wow that's rough. How big is your league? I got Kerryon middle of round 3, so I wouldn't feel bad about him in round 5 at all tbh.

10 teams. He fell to me with pick 41, although in retrospect I wish he hadn't

BS, the one time I don't play my guys against SF and they blow up. f--- projections and experts!!!!!!!! Everyone said to bench Drake. So I play Coleman instead...........

12 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

SF D/ST :(

me too 🥺

sat all afternoon debating them or the Iggles ... thinking was that Kyler just doesn't turn it over ... hasn't thrown a pick or lost a fumble since September.   sure he takes sacks, but even they have abated lately. 

last week, in New Orleans, vs a very stout D ... return of Brees - that team/city/building was PUMPED.   Saints got four sacks, and the Cards could only manage 3 FGs, but Kyler did not disgrace himself ... that was impressive - again, no turnovers. 

then i saw that the Cards were gonna be down a starting tackle last night, and that clinched it ... had visions of Bosa and Ford and co. wreaking much havoc.  meh. 

the Iggles can match the 'niners points on one posession... hell, i shoulda attacked $$$$$ Money f'n Mitch $$$$$ instead of Murray ... the Bears offense is a mess, they turn it over, they are on the road, they just lost a heartbreaker. 

the decision will cost me my week, no question. 

DAMNIT!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mtx said:

f--- projections and experts!!!!!!!! Everyone said to bench Drake. So I play Coleman instead...........

If no one said anything, would you really have played Drake against that D, and on his debut?

I don't think so.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mtx said:

BS, the one time I don't play my guys against SF and they blow up. f--- projections and experts!!!!!!!! Everyone said to bench Drake. So I play Coleman instead...........

Dude. There was absolutely no way you were ever playing Drake over Coleman. Don’t blame this decision on anyone.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, mtx said:

You may need to chill out a bit my friend...

i guess people don't realize hindsight is 20/20 lol. these guys aren't experts. they basically do all the dirty work for you (and get paid pretty good for it). They line up all the stats for you and make informed decisions with highest probabilities. There will always be outlier results that you can't predict. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ShowStopper said:

i guess people don't realize hindsight is 20/20 lol. these guys aren't experts. they basically do all the dirty work for you (and get paid pretty good for it). They line up all the stats for you and make informed decisions with highest probabilities. There will always be outlier results that you can't predict. 

Agree for the most part.  But do they really know more than losers like us that comb through these posts every day?  For the record, I put Christian Effing Kirk in at 8:15 based on what some dope (no offense meant, I'm the bigger dope for listening) said in this thread.  To make it worse, I was pulling for my opponent to play Drake, and he did.  I  know, Uncool Story Bro, but this is a venting thread....

I feel so much better when I listen to my gut.  I knew in my heart that Kirk was dropping a deuce last night, but all the "experts" had him ranked higher than my other options.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rather B. Winning said:

Agree for the most part.  But do they really know more than losers like us that comb through these posts every day?  For the record, I put Christian Effing Kirk in at 8:15 based on what some dope (no offense meant, I'm the bigger dope for listening) said in this thread.  To make it worse, I was pulling for my opponent to play Drake, and he did.  I  know, Uncool Story Bro, but this is a venting thread....

I feel so much better when I listen to my gut.  I knew in my heart that Kirk was dropping a deuce last night, but all the "experts" had him ranked higher than my other options.

Always go with the gut feeling. Like @ShowStopper said alot of the online "experts" do the dirty work of pulling stats, snap counts, DVOA, etc info. It's up each owner how much they weigh each factor in order to make their own start/sits. There are a couple of guys whose rankings I'll look at if I'm really torn on two players but its just to get a general idea. 

I also was hoping my opponent would play Drake but got lucky that he put Miles Sanders in after he practiced today. 

Edited by vthokie3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FlashGordon401 said:

SF D/ST :(

Agreed, didn't work out the way we hoped.  However, there was a clear pick-6 that was dropped that would have changed the outcome here.  That was a big miss in retrospect.

21 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

meh. 

i never base decisions on "expert" claims/projections .... i play the ponies religiously, and it would be akin to me paying for some facacta tout service when i can glean all the info i need by studying the past performances available via DRF, etc. 

and these so called magick foosball experts are barely breaking even ... i believe the most successful hover slightly north of a 50% lifetime "hit" clip?

there's plenty of free info disseminated out there to make your own decisions ... and, tbh, tons of great info/opinions on this here forearm - kudos to a buncha RW regs ✌

and watch games. if ya can't stomach sitting through the bullchit product telecasts (like me), catch the highlight packages out there on the youtubez, etc. 

now, if all of that is too much legwork, and one justs wants to let others ("experts") steer their ship, well ... we all thank them for their yearly donations! 

🎸

I'm in first place and loss last week cause of the show Coleman put on with 4 TDs
Coleman owner facing second place this week and puts up garbage... gotta love it
#FantasyFootball