kane

Nikola Vucevic 2019-2020 Outlook

In my opinion, aslong as Vucevic keeps his ft% up , he should be a top 15-30 player no matter what proving his ADP is accurate.

Shooting around 75% from the line would put his floor at around top 30 value 

20 hours ago, Quazza said:

I love that the magic got hammered last game where he didn't play 

No Vuc no Magic 

And again today 

Excellent 

• Like 1

I love it that people are somehow again, off of Vuc.    

This year its -

Jonathan Isaac's going break out...well I think even if he does it's just him being more consistent and shooting better on offense.  Defensively he's a beast. 

Vuc was playing for a contract last year...well its my thinking that even after a player gets paid its not like they stop trying to improve or compete as hard.

Gordon will break out...this might hurt Vuc very slightly...maybe he handles the ball a little more, etc.  

I finally got him on an 8 cat roto team at pick 23 (after all the littles went off the board, i.e. Butler, Booker, Trae, Jrue, etc).  Paired with KAT.  Together they give over 7 assists / game and 3 threes from the center spot, not to mention the good FT.  

Edited by hipriest69

I have the 10th and 11th pick in an 8 cat Roto league. I am considering taking Vuc with either pick... Is that reaching too far? i see him as a mini-Jokic.  With the 10th and 11th picks, the guys that are left seem to be either injury prone or may get load management or are FT or FG killers. Vuc did have injury problems before last year though...  I doubt Embid will be around, but even if he is, he is gonna miss many games to load management/injury.  Other big men like Drummond and Gobert will probably be around, but will kill your FT% and are not as well-rounded as Vuc. And if you have a FT Killer, it is almost impossible to win the league unless you are perfect in other categories.  Not sure who to pair Vuc up with, guess it depends who is left. I would love it if Dame was around, but i doubt it. I was always considering Beal but with yesterday's news of him signing an extension, doesn't look as appealing. 

34 minutes ago, magic32 said:

I have the 10th and 11th pick in an 8 cat Roto league. I am considering taking Vuc with either pick... Is that reaching too far? i see him as a mini-Jokic.  With the 10th and 11th picks, the guys that are left seem to be either injury prone or may get load management or are FT or FG killers. Vuc did have injury problems before last year though...  I doubt Embid will be around, but even if he is, he is gonna miss many games to load management/injury.  Other big men like Drummond and Gobert will probably be around, but will kill your FT% and are not as well-rounded as Vuc. And if you have a FT Killer, it is almost impossible to win the league unless you are perfect in other categories.  Not sure who to pair Vuc up with, guess it depends who is left. I would love it if Dame was around, but i doubt it. I was always considering Beal but with yesterday's news of him signing an extension, doesn't look as appealing. 

It's a bit of a reach imo because of the availability of solid big men in the middle rounds like Bam, TB, JJJ, Aldridge, Jonas. I'd probably go little/little from the Beal/Young/Irving/Booker/Jrue/Kemba cohort and hope Vuc/Ayton falls to me the next turn. 

• Like 1

When are people gonna stop sleeping on Vuc? He proved himself as an elite player last year. I'm targeting him in the mid-2nd round everywhere. For a balanced roto build, he's a perfect guy to pair with 1st round guards like Curry, Harden, Lillard etc. and if you're punting assists, then you can pair him with Embiid and AD. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, fabrar said:

When are people gonna stop sleeping on Vuc? He proved himself as an elite player last year. I'm targeting him in the mid-2nd round everywhere. For a balanced roto build, he's a perfect guy to pair with 1st round guards like Curry, Harden, Lillard etc. and if you're punting assists, then you can pair him with Embiid and AD. 

What are your thoughts on a KAT / VUC pairing as opposed to KAT / whatever guard that might be available?  

53 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

It's a bit of a reach imo because of the availability of solid big men in the middle rounds like Bam, TB, JJJ, Aldridge, Jonas. I'd probably go little/little from the Beal/Young/Irving/Booker/Jrue/Kemba cohort and hope Vuc/Ayton falls to me the next turn. 

I appreciate your opinion. No offense, but i really do wish people wouldn't use abbreviations like you did there with TB and JJJ. I feel like i know the NBA extremely well and have no idea who you are talking about. It's not like AD, KD or LBJ which everyone knows. 

Anyway, there is no way Vuc will be available at 30/31. Someone would be lucky to get him before 15. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, magic32 said:

I appreciate your opinion. No offense, but i really do wish people wouldn't use abbreviations like you did there with TB and JJJ. I feel like i know the NBA extremely well and have no idea who you are talking about. It's not like AD, KD or LBJ which everyone knows. 

Anyway, there is no way Vuc will be available at 30/31. Someone would be lucky to get him before 15. 

When i see TB i think Tom Brady. Took me a bit to realize he means Thomas Bryant.

Thomas Bryant? 😂 are you serious? He has become big enough that he can be reffered to by his initials??? wow.... that is beyond hilarious. I would have never guessed it was him he was referring to in a million years and I owned him last year on my squad.  who in the world is JJJ? this is just ludicrous. Does this not annoy anyone else when they see people using abbreviations for names?

Edited by magic32

3 minutes ago, magic32 said:

Thomas Bryant? 😂 are you serious? He has become big enough that he can be reffered to by his initials??? wow.... that is beyond hilarious. I would have never guessed it was him he was referring to in a million years and I owned him last year on my squad.  who in the world is JJJ? this is just ludicrous. Does this not annoy anyone else when they see people using abbreviations for names?

TB is a new one, JJJ pretty common though.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

TB is a new one, JJJ pretty common though.

ok, would you mind informing me who this JJJ character is please?

52 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

What are your thoughts on a KAT / VUC pairing as opposed to KAT / whatever guard that might be available?  

I did that pairing in a 9cat roto Yahoo $league. Got KAT 2nd and Vuc with pick 23. Both are a great source of out of postion assists so you dont need necessarily a pg in the 2nd imo

48 minutes ago, magic32 said:

yeah, I did like 10 pro league drafts and Vuc never fell to the 3rd round. Late second max

Edited by Chrizz
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, magic32 said:

ok, would you mind informing me who this JJJ character is please?

Jaren Jackson Jr.

4 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

Jaren Jackson Jr.

🤣 unreal.  So I guess just about everyone is referred to by their initials now. I need to make some sort of excel spreadsheet with everyone's initials so that i can comprehend posts on these forums then.

1 hour ago, magic32 said:

23 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

I did that pairing in a 9cat roto Yahoo $league. Got KAT 2nd and Vuc with pick 23. Both are a great source of out of postion assists so you dont need necessarily a pg in the 2nd imo

yeah, I did like 10 pro league drafts and Vuc never fell to the 3rd round. Late second max

I never said Vuc would fall to 30, I said in my opinion I would draft 2 point guards and hope he falls to 30 but at least I know I have the mid round bigs to fall back on if he’s not there. 

If you’re dead set on having Vuc on your team, then you draft him at 10.

2 minutes ago, HarmStrong said:

Man if you don't know who Triple J is by now that's on you... 

🙄

sorry but i'm with the other guys

if you don't know who JJJ is, that means you havent been on the forums that long

anyways i'm glad i have Vuc, took him in the 2nd round. hope he stays healthy.

2 hours ago, magic32 said:

To be honest it wasn’t that hard to decipher if you know your ball players. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Chrizz said:

Yup that's exactly what I did too.  Good luck to us both!

8 hours ago, fantasm said:

sorry but i'm with the other guys

if you don't know who JJJ is, that means you havent been on the forums that long

anyways i'm glad i have Vuc, took him in the 2nd round. hope he stays healthy.

Of course I know who he is, I just don't use initials to refer to every player in the league. That's just lame.

You can type out their whole names if you want, there’s nothing mandating you to use acronyms. 

Back on topic:

I like the idea of pairing Vuc and KAT; You could literally build any way you want after picking up a 20-10-3-1-1-1 player, having 2 is an incredible start. 

You can easily compensate for the threes later, but you will need to aggressively go for steals in the next 2-3 rounds (OPJ / Covington would be nice follow ups)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Mikhov said:

You can type out their whole names if you want, there’s nothing mandating you to use acronyms. 

Back on topic:

I like the idea of pairing Vuc and KAT; You could literally build any way you want after picking up a 20-10-3-1-1-1 player, having 2 is an incredible start. 

You can easily compensate for the threes later, but you will need to aggressively go for steals in the next 2-3 rounds (OPJ / Covington would be nice follow ups)

If you’re pairing these two then Vuc fell to at least 20.  I think pairing Vuc with anyone would be good if he fell to 20.

Bux 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mikhov said:

Back on topic:

This is exactly the way i picked. 

17 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

Pairing KAT and Vuc/Ayton probably the best starting core in 9cat. 

If you pick little/little from the start, you will never win FG% and REB with middle round bigs.  In the 3rd and 4th round there are still guards left like DLo, Conley, CP3(probably) Rubio, etc. that can completely get you assists/steals/3s, so all this talk about "guards/pg's are going early this year" seems kinda funny to me.

• Like 2