flippy

Kyrie Irving 2019-2020 Outlook

1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

Kyrie is so good but I have to consider that some of his stats could be slight outliers and I wonder if he'll replicate them?

Mainly 1.5 steals, he was closer to 1.1/1.2 the last 3 years.  

6.9 assists career high.  Probably closer to 5.5-6.  

0.5 blk career high, probably closer to 0.3-0.4

5 reb, also a career high

He’s basically a less durable Lillard with the difference being that he shoots fewer long threes so his FG% is correspondingly higher.  Ofc that also means fewer threes.  I also believe the stocks this year were an outlier and if they fall even a little it will kick him out of the top 10 in per game.  In totals he’s barely top 15 value and I don’t expect him to suddenly become durable.  I’d be disappointed if I felt compelled to burn an 11th pick on him when you can get him in the 40s in auction. But that’s the nature of snake draft this year.  Hint: do auction!

Edited by StifleTower2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

He’s basically a less durable Lillard with the difference being that he shoots fewer long threes so his FG% is correspondingly higher.  Ofc that also means fewer threes.  I also believe the stocks this year were an outlier and if they fall even a little it will kick him out of the top 10 in per game.  In totals he’s barely top 15 value and I don’t expect him to suddenly become durable.  I’d be disappointed if I felt compelled to burn an 11th pick on him when you can get him in the 40s in auction. But that’s the nature of snake draft this year.  Hint: do auction!

haha yeah i did my best to try and let someone else pick him but at 14 i said what the hey...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Out of the players available around that time that I considered at 14...

Booker hurts FG and TO much more than Kyrie and is also not durable.  

Butler misses games and low 3's, but overall good efficiency, although Kyrie is better in both % I think.  

Holiday not at the same level per game as Kyrie and doesnt help either %

Beal I was also considering and should have probably taken, but he also has question marks

Trae Young also hurts in FG and TO but should have much more assists and was also in play

Kemba also in consideration but hurts FG and less of an alpha in Boston...

3 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

Out of the players available around that time that I considered at 14...

Booker hurts FG and TO much more than Kyrie and is also not durable.  

Butler misses games and low 3's, but overall good efficiency, although Kyrie is better in both % I think.  

Holiday not at the same level per game as Kyrie and doesnt help either %

Beal I was also considering and should have probably taken, but he also has question marks

Trae Young also hurts in FG and TO but should have much more assists and was also in play

Kemba also in consideration but hurts FG and less of an alpha in Boston...

Well, I posted that before I saw you draft him.    But I would have taken Beal before Irving. Beal falling to 16 is nuts.  

29 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

Well, I posted that before I saw you draft him.    But I would have taken Beal before Irving. Beal falling to 16 is nuts.  

While Kyrie is indeed more of an exciting player with a higher upside (although he didn't really show that in the past 2 years)

They are fairly similar in value at this point of their career. Even with injury, I would say they are equally prone to it.

Just gotta pick and choose categories based on your previous pick.

14 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Beal is going to feast, I think I got him around pick 18 in our dynasty draft.  I know people say not to hedge, but playing in a bunch of leagues I end up with a lot of the same players and I prefer to hedge and take different players that I don't already have multiple shares of...kind of like diversifying your portfolio lol 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

And we could also say that some of Beal's stats last year were high outliers and may revert back to his historical mean...but of course he's one of the most likely to play 82 games, we'll be lucky if Kyrie hits 65 lol

26 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

And we could also say that some of Beal's stats last year were high outliers and may revert back to his historical mean...but of course he's one of the most likely to play 82 games, we'll be lucky if Kyrie hits 65 lol

Beal not play 82 either.  He refused to be sat last season but there’s literally no reason for him to play if he doesn’t get traded.

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

Beal not play 82 either.  He refused to be sat last season but there’s literally no reason for him to play if he doesn’t get traded.

All-NBA supermax.  I think he does want. 

tenor.gif

27 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

All-NBA supermax.  I think he does want. 

tenor.gif

It doesn’t really matter what he wants, the only thing that matters is whether the coaches/management want him to play or not.  Maybe he has some sway there.  He could also suffer a legit injury.  But anyway he’s less of a risk than Irving.  

• Like 1

On 9/28/2019 at 12:39 PM, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

His face looks fine my radars up, shut down candidate during fantasy playoffs is huge. They'll save him for next season/KD's return.

lol why would a team which is going to be fighting for playoff seeding at that time shut down their best player, no chance.

• Like 1

Beal over Irving. Beal feasted when he was featured guy, Irving had 2 years in Boston to put up insane numbers but never did. His numbers with Lebron were even better. He has insane handles (doesn't count in fantasy!), but he has too many bad games in 1 year where he shoots poorly, and gets injured a lot some serious some minor. Would rather have Beal

• Like 2

1 hour ago, a-rob said:

Beal over Irving. Beal feasted when he was featured guy, Irving had 2 years in Boston to put up insane numbers but never did. His numbers with Lebron were even better. He has insane handles (doesn't count in fantasy!), but he has too many bad games in 1 year where he shoots poorly, and gets injured a lot some serious some minor. Would rather have Beal

Ah yes that notoriously durable player *checks notes* Bradley Beal...on a team which will definitely have something to play for come March *checks notes*...the Washington Wizards.

3 hours ago, a-rob said:

Kyrie posted his best ever numbers in Boston, aka a franchise he didn't even want to be at last season. Check your facts before talking ish. He also finished higher than Beal come season end.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, a-rob said:

13 hours ago, ROTY said:

Kyrie posted his best ever numbers in Boston, aka a franchise he didn't even want to be at last season. Check your facts before talking ish. He also finished higher than Beal come season end.

That is right.  I am hoping he can sustain them in Brooklyn.

will still be a victim of Load Management, and miss some more additional due to injuries. 

On 10/5/2019 at 1:38 PM, driss lol said:

he's playing in pre-season, that's a good sign his injury is not serious.

What game was this? As far as I can tell, Brooklyn has played 1 preseason game and Kyrie did not participate 

11 hours ago, atlantadynasty said:

anyone getting him with their 1st late round pick?

In a few recent drafts he's always been there in the 2nd round.  I think most owners are scared of injury and / or regression, but mostly injury.  Kawhi / Embiid stock going up, so they're tending to jump ahead of Kyrie.  Holiday's stock also going up and I've seen him go before Kyrie.  You could also make a case for Trae Young to go ahead of Kyrie, as crazy as it seems since Kyrie was easy top 10 and even missing games was close to top 10 in totals, and Trae only had 2 months of blistering 2nd round production.

If RW news sometimes recoommend to "bump him down a few spots in your draft" then now it is true about Irving who aggravated face injury. If he can't play even with mask then he is now outside TOP20 in my rank.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:14 AM, atlantadynasty said:

Yup, I have him at 9 right after the regular 7 and Lebron. Taking him over Beal in H2H because I think while Beal could sit out back to backs during my playoff weeks while Brooklyn will need Kyrie to go Uncle Drew while they're fighting for that playoff seeding lol.

Only question is who you pair him with. Drummond seems safe, I like pairing someone a bit more fragile like Kyrie with an Ironman like Drummond. Then you go for 3's and steals (and assists if you're not Punting that too) rounds 3 and 4 and possibly also 5. Adams could be had in 6th and if he's off the table Whiteside could be there. I even prefer Whiteside to compete with Gobert teams in blocks (after taking Drummond with his higher steals.
So something like:

1. Kyrie
2. Drummond
3. Mitchell / Lowry / Covington
4. Conley / Bledsoe / Covington
5. Brogdon / Lavine / Bam Bam
6. Adams / Whiteside / J-Val / Bryant 

• Like 1

On 10/9/2019 at 1:14 AM, atlantadynasty said:

got him with my 16th pick, hoping that facial injury doesn't hamper him early in the season but think he'll be a steal at that pick.

26 minutes ago, Kobe824 said:

got him with my 16th pick, hoping that facial injury doesn't hamper him early in the season but think he'll be a steal at that pick.

16 is a damn good pick I think too

Dam 16th is a steal dude, don't thinks he ever passed 12th in my drafts. Who went ahead of him?

Edited by IT2