flippy

Kyrie Irving 2019-2020 Outlook

On 10/13/2019 at 9:38 PM, Kobe824 said:

well someone reached for Trae in the 1st round (he picked Luka in the 2nd so I guess thats why he reached/his strat), PG/Jimmy Butler/Luka and Kawhi went in the 2nd round before Kyrie. 

I got him at 16 last night too (slightly different league - DD a cat, TO's aren't )

Never expected to have him this year, but got him for $39 recently in a 12 team auction. Dude is made of glass but I think there's value when he drops mid- to late-2nd round.

On 10/21/2019 at 12:22 PM, Del Rio said:

Never expected to have him this year, but got him for $39 recently in a 12 team auction. Dude is made of glass but I think there's value when he drops mid- to late-2nd round.

yeah i paid $40. Jrue and Kemba was $35 so i felt like the little extra was fair. He should be in line for his best fantasy year. Could be similar value to Lillard this year for $20 less. 

He's typically an avoid for me in h2h for some of the durability reasons that have been mentioned. I also don't value his efficiency that much in h2h format since I am typically punting one of the percentages and or TO's. But, in roto he definitely intrigues me. The elite percentages are really nice and you don't sacrifice 3's there. Also, the missed games are obviously much easier to manage in roto.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2019 at 3:44 AM, COBBLEPOT said:

i reached for him at 9 .... i think he’s being heavily underrated this season and will put up incredible stats while finally being fully healthy for the first time in a while 

I doubt that he makes it a full season without suffering an injury. 

31 minutes ago, Monkeyking69 said:

I doubt that he makes it a full season without suffering an injury. 

he played 67 games last year coming off an injury 

im projecting he plays 72, which would be good 

4 minutes ago, KingDURANTULA said:

Would easily hit top 15 value with 70+ games. 

probably top 10 

Great start, not like last year's tipoff when he looked like dogsh*t against Philly.

God or whatever there is, please let Uncle Drew play at least 70 games this season

• Like 1

2 hours ago, a-rob said:

50 and all, but he the loss is on Kyrie's shoulder. watched the entire 4th and OT, this is the most selfish basketball that I have seen since Kobe Bryant. The last 5 minutes of the 4th and OT kyrie was the only one touching the ball on offense. ZERO ball movement except on 2 instances when he ran a PNR with Allen and dropped the ball off to Allen. The only play they ran during this time was when they got the ball back off a replay. Inbounds pass to Prince off ball screen for Harris and Harris nailed the 3.

Levert, Prince, Harris were reduced to becoming spectators the entire time. No one was touching the ball except for Kyrie forcing shots and shots even if he was highly contested. The guy is special so he will hit them from time to time, but that was an UGLY basketball game to watch.

And on the other side KAT stopped getting the ball even if he was cooking, and Wiggins took over with ISO plays of his own in OT.

As a Kyrie owner, he can ISO all game :) 

Drafted him for $38 in 12 teams H2H 9cat. Me gusta. I cannot be happier that he is playing so ******** selfish. He is playing like having something to prove but I honestly don't think him alone in Brooklyn is gonna bring many W to the town. 

First year owning Kyrie btw. It's definitely fun watching his game live while he is single-handedly bringing me most of my team's 3pts. 

His handle is also good that as a PG, his FG does not suck. Only thing to pinpoint is lack of defensive stat and durability. 

Edited by csklmf

4 hours ago, a-rob said:

50 and all, but he the loss is on Kyrie's shoulder. watched the entire 4th and OT, this is the most selfish basketball that I have seen since Kobe Bryant. The last 5 minutes of the 4th and OT kyrie was the only one touching the ball on offense. ZERO ball movement except on 2 instances when he ran a PNR with Allen and dropped the ball off to Allen. The only play they ran during this time was when they got the ball back off a replay. Inbounds pass to Prince off ball screen for Harris and Harris nailed the 3.

Levert, Prince, Harris were reduced to becoming spectators the entire time. No one was touching the ball except for Kyrie forcing shots and shots even if he was highly contested. The guy is special so he will hit them from time to time, but that was an UGLY basketball game to watch.

And on the other side KAT stopped getting the ball even if he was cooking, and Wiggins took over with ISO plays of his own in OT.

as a kyrie owner, i still win for today's matchup and hoping for more selfish games from him ;)

10 hours ago, a-rob said:

I don't agree. Watched it as well. Kyrie ran e perfectly fine PnR with Allen to win the game with 6 seconds left. Allen gets fouled and misses BOTH FT's.  Had he just scored one Wiggins prolly would have bricked as he did at the end of regulation and the Nets would leave with their best opening night dub ever and a 40-something game from Kyrie. Instead Kyrie kept scoring in OT and they were a rim-out shot from winning the game on a buzzer. 

I am not the one to shy away from picking apart Kyries game and his on-court decision making, but this one aint on him. 

7 hours ago, a-rob said:

Given his long injury history, him trying to do everything on his own when he has very good team mates around him, cannot be good for his health.

Good teammates like the whole 2nd unit who was murdered by Layman, Bazz Napier and Vonleh? 

C'mon dude

3 hours ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

I don't agree. Watched it as well. Kyrie ran e perfectly fine PnR with Allen to win the game with 6 seconds left. Allen gets fouled and misses BOTH FT's.  Had he just scored one Wiggins prolly would have bricked as he did at the end of regulation and the Nets would leave with their best opening night dub ever and a 40-something game from Kyrie. Instead Kyrie kept scoring in OT and they were a rim-out shot from winning the game on a buzzer. 

I am not the one to shy away from picking apart Kyries game and his on-court decision making, but this one aint on him. 

100%, and if even so, this is a FANTASY Basketball thread.    

Anyone looking for a place to scrutinize the Nets real-life basketball shortcomings should find a Nets team forum to do so.  The rest of us will continue to win in fantasy basketball with this all-world BALLER at the helm.

Kyrie Irving looks like an absolute steal this year.  Paired him with KAT, which should never have even been a remote possibility.  NASTY value in the late 2nd round.

Edited by Trifecta

Someone sent me an offer to do a straight up trade for my irving and his deandre ayton. 

With irvings injury history should i do it?

2 hours ago, Trifecta said:

100%, and if even so, this is a FANTASY Basketball thread.    

Anyone looking for a place to scrutinize the Nets real-life basketball shortcomings should find a Nets team forum to do so.  The rest of us will continue to win in fantasy basketball with this all-world BALLER at the helm.

Kyrie Irving looks like an absolute steal this year.  Paired him with KAT, which should never have even been a remote possibility.  NASTY value in the late 2nd round.

Yeah thats also true. In ”a-robs” defense maybe you could say that Kyries style of play could affect the Nets chemistry long term and thus our fantasy season. But all in all I side with you and lets all just pray he can achieve career highs in scoring and 3’s this year.

What a duo, I was happy with my Drummond- Kyrie combo. Picked kyrie at 10 over Beal FYI. Im counting on uncle drew this year

3 minutes ago, kobeskillz said:

Someone sent me an offer to do a straight up trade for my irving and his deandre ayton. 

Welcome to the forum. You can post questions like this in the assistant coaches forum, where you will get a lot more replies (they belong there).

10 minutes ago, kobeskillz said:

Depends on what your team needs.... I will definitely pull the trigger if it’s a keep league.... ayton is healthy, a rising star and future KAT. I don’t think irving will stay healthy if playing like allen iverson every game 

Edited by csklmf

10 minutes ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

Yeah thats also true. In ”a-robs” defense maybe you could say that Kyries style of play could affect the Nets chemistry long term and thus our fantasy season. But all in all I side with you and lets all just pray he can achieve career highs in scoring and 3’s this year.

What a duo, I was happy with my Drummond- Kyrie combo. Picked kyrie at 10 over Beal FYI. Im counting on uncle drew this year

Nice my friend.  I also started with Kyrie and Drummond, picking twelfth in a twelve team, so #12 and #13.  Good luck to us both!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saltgurkan15 said:

Welcome to the forum. You can post questions like this in the assistant coaches forum, where you will get a lot more replies (they belong there).

yeah thank you sorry i'm new here. For some reason i can't start a thread in the assistant coaches forum. Thank you love this forum : )

10 hours ago, kobeskillz said:

after the suspension the answer is no