flippy

Kyrie Irving 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Oh god I need him to play. Too many injuries in my team already. No news? 

Edited by csklmf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, csklmf said:

Oh god I need him to play. Too many injuries in my team already. No news? 

No news, i’m sure we’ll get some closer to shoot around. However I’d be surprised if he played tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Overhead activity of the shoulder, especially repeated activity, is a risk factor for shoulder impingement syndrome. Examples include: painting, lifting, swimming, tennis, and other overhead sports. Source: WebMD

 

Do you guys think this will affect Kyrie ROS? I just took the risk on Kyrie and bought low today.

After watching the Nets vs Nuggets tonight here were my observations:

17 points 1 3 pointer on 8/20 shooting (40%), 6 Rebounds, 9 Assists, 1 Steal, 0 Turnovers

Maybe it's the Nuggets defense? Maybe it's playing in Denver which is notorious for it's home court advantage due to high elevation, but I zeroed in on the fact that Kyrie went to the foul line zero times. Back to the WebMD quote above, "overhead". While shooting and doing layups both require an upward motion, I would say doing a lay up requires the arm and shoulder to go over the head more relative to a shot. I did see him take some left hand layups, noticing that the black tape was on the shoulder of the right arm.

I'm wondering if the no foul shots, and less driving attacking the basket is correlated to not wanting to take any bumps and minimizing pain from right hand lay ups.

The black tape also reminds me of Paul George last year always having his shoulders taped up. I'm optimistic however because PG did play all the way till Dame sent them home last season. But then he had surgeries on both shoulders in the off season.

I'm worried that if the Net's fall out of the playoff race, that they will just shut him down and wait for full powered team next year with KD back. I took this into account when I made the trade, but I said **** it, anyone can get injured on any given night can't pass this up. Wouldn't pass up on AD either knowing that he has a linger shoulder issue.

What do other Kyrie owners think? Are you worried? Or do you think he'll be able to turn things around? Please share your thoughts! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, tonesbonesjones said:

 

Do you guys think this will affect Kyrie ROS? I just took the risk on Kyrie and bought low today.

After watching the Nets vs Nuggets tonight here were my observations:

17 points 1 3 pointer on 8/20 shooting (40%), 6 Rebounds, 9 Assists, 1 Steal, 0 Turnovers

Maybe it's the Nuggets defense? Maybe it's playing in Denver which is notorious for it's home court advantage due to high elevation, but I zeroed in on the fact that Kyrie went to the foul line zero times. Back to the WebMD quote above, "overhead". While shooting and doing layups both require an upward motion, I would say doing a lay up requires the arm and shoulder to go over the head more relative to a shot. I did see him take some left hand layups, noticing that the black tape was on the shoulder of the right arm.

I'm wondering if the no foul shots, and less driving attacking the basket is correlated to not wanting to take any bumps and minimizing pain from right hand lay ups.

The black tape also reminds me of Paul George last year always having his shoulders taped up. I'm optimistic however because PG did play all the way till Dame sent them home last season. But then he had surgeries on both shoulders in the off season.

I'm worried that if the Net's fall out of the playoff race, that they will just shut him down and wait for full powered team next year with KD back. I took this into account when I made the trade, but I said **** it, anyone can get injured on any given night can't pass this up. Wouldn't pass up on AD either knowing that he has a linger shoulder issue.

What do other Kyrie owners think? Are you worried? Or do you think he'll be able to turn things around? Please share your thoughts! :)

Not too worried, still got up 20 shots. Atkinson also confirmed it's not a long term issue. I am more worried about how the Nets are playing. Thought kyrie played great the first quarter getting his team involved and they led double digits in the game. Then both kyrie and Dinwiddie went iso ball and eventually lost the game. They need levert back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do we got Yahoo to put the INJ tag on him?

I remember there was some sort of forum to request a new position eligibility. Does it work the same with the INJ tag? How many games a player should miss for him to get the INJ tag? I remember when it was announced that House Jr would miss a second game in a row he get the INJ tag right away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, checkspire said:

How do we got Yahoo to put the INJ tag on him?

I remember there was some sort of forum to request a new position eligibility. Does it work the same with the INJ tag? How many games a player should miss for him to get the INJ tag? I remember when it was announced that House Jr would miss a second game in a row he get the INJ tag right away.

Prob after another game missed, he'll get it hopefully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Tonimn said:

3 GAMES OUT = INJ TAG 

I have seen plenty of people who think it's 3 games but their rules say nothing about that. Just the amount of days.

Uses the IL roster position:

  • Eligible designations - Injured (INJ) or Out For Season (OFS).
  • Ineligible designations - Out (O) or Game Time Decision (GTD).

These statuses are determined by our data provider and are defined as:

  • O - Projected to miss less than 7 days.
  • INJ - Projected to miss 7+ days due to injury.
  • OFS - Projected to miss the rest of the NBA season.
  • GTD - May or may not play, determined prior to the game's tip-off.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, checkspire said:

How do we got Yahoo to put the INJ tag on him?

I remember there was some sort of forum to request a new position eligibility. Does it work the same with the INJ tag? How many games a player should miss for him to get the INJ tag? I remember when it was announced that House Jr would miss a second game in a row he get the INJ tag right away.

Minimum 3 games. Wiggins got it last night after it was confirmed he was missing his 3rd straight game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, BringVancouverBack said:

Minimum 3 games. Wiggins got it last night after it was confirmed he was missing his 3rd straight game

Their rules don't mention the amount of games. Just days. See above.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Their rules don't mention the amount of games. Just days. See above.

It's not consistent, Butler was out less than a week and got the INJ tag.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Their rules don't mention the amount of games. Just days. See above.

 

It doesn't matter what their rules say, if a player is questionable and ends up missing their third game in a row they will get the INJ tag or if the team announces right away that they will miss 3+ games they will get the INJ tag. Anyone who's been playing Yahoo for years can confirm this.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

 

It doesn't matter what their rules say, if a player is questionable and ends up missing their third game in a row they will get the INJ tag or if the team announces right away that they will miss 3+ games they will get the INJ tag. Anyone who's been playing Yahoo for years can confirm this.

Not really if a team has 2 games in a weeks time they can get the INJ tag. Has happened before. Sure changing to a strict 3 games may be better, since people seem to ask alot what the rules are, but was simply passing along what it says from the source.

Edited by HK-47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

It's not consistent, Butler was out less than a week and got the INJ tag.

Never said anything about consistency. Just passing along what it says since amount of games isn't mentioned. They prob need to rework how its handled. I kinda like how Fantrax does it after being in a couple leagues on there recently. A guy misses a game for anything can drop into the INJ slot. Just eliminates some of the bs we see with yahoo. I will say though that I don't really like the interface and have had issues where the site won't load at times. It doesn't have a true app either. Yahoo is by far the best in that regard. Take the good with the bad I suppose. Hopefully they consider a change with their INJ process.

Edited by HK-47

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, HK-47 said:

Never said anything about consistency. Just passing along what it says since amount of games isn't mentioned. They prob need to rework how its handled. I kinda like how Fantrax does it after being in a couple leagues on there recently. A guy misses a game for anything can drop into the INJ slot. Just eliminates some of the bs we see with yahoo. I will say though that I don't really like the interface and have had issues where the site won't load at times. It doesn't have a true app either. Yahoo is by far the best in that regard. Take the good with the bad I suppose. Hopefully they consider a change with their INJ process.

Well kyrie just got it, he was declared out for next game. Next game would have been his 3rd missed in a row. Yea I tried fantrax before as well but for now yahoo is still better overall.

Edited by DezedandConfused

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Well kyrie just got it, he was declared out for next game. Next game would have been his 3rd missed in a row. Yea I tried fantrax before as well but for now yahoo is still better overall.

Yeah but for instance it took Zach Collins being ruled out for a 4th to get it. Just was posting what the rules say because 3 games does not automatically mean INJ tag even though many say it does. Yahoo needs something more concrete it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MuscleChestbrook said:

What caliber of player are you guys ready to give Kyrie up for now? 

 

No way you'll fetch a 1st rounder for him right now, maybe Jokic as a buy low, but any surefire top 20 seems fair. Just saw a Gobert trade go down. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.