Sign in to follow this  
Excellent117

12-Team/0.5 PPR/Superflex, Rate My Team! WHIR 100%

Just finished my auction draft in my 12-team, 0.5 PPR, Superflex league and ended up with the following roster:

QB: Matt Ryan ($27)

Superflex: Carson Wentz ($22)

RB: Dalvin Cook ($37)

RB: Leonard Fournette ($28)

WR: Tyler Lockett ($16)

WR: Cooper Kupp ($10)

TE: Travis Kelce ($31)

Flex: Mike Williams ($14)

D/ST: Philadelphia Eagles ($1)

Bench (6): Sterling Shepard ($4), Justin Jackson ($2), Jaylen Samuels ($2), Adrian Peterson ($1), Alexander Mattison ($1), and Dwayne Haskins Jr. ($3)

Overall, how do you think I did? I'm not in love with my RB depth (or lack thereof) at all, but I think I have a very solid, well-balanced starting roster that should keep me competitive throughout the year. My hope is that Haskins can take over the starting role in Washington before Matt Ryan goes on a bye in week 9, so that I can still slot a QB into that Superflex spot. Do you see anything that immediately jumps out that I need to address?

As always, post a link to your question at the end of your response and I’ll return the favor. A lengthier, more supported answer will result in a more substantial response in return. Thanks in advance!

I like it a lot. You have two studs at qb, Kelce, and I love Cook this year. I'm a little worried about Fournette, but there has been some positive hype surrounding him. You did a great job handcuffing Cook. Watch the wire for and prioritize your FAAB (assuming that's what you're using) towards building some RB depth. Your weakest position is WR, but I like the upside there considering you obviously focused on the other 3 positions first.

I actually just finished the draft for my main league on Friday night that is a 14 team superflex league. We don't have the second standard flex position. I think we pretty much went in with the same strategy. I ended up with:

Qb- Deshaun Watson

RB - Dalvin Cook

RB - Carson Cook

WR - Chris Godwin 

WR - Robby Anderson

TE - OJ Howard

Superflex - Carson Wentz

Bench: Josh Gordon, Latavius Murray, Darwin Thompson, Alexander Mattison, Sterling Shepherd, Donte Moncrief

You have more talent overall, but my league is a little bit more diluted with the extra two teams. I feel like we both constructed our rosters in the same mould. I walked away very happy, so I obviously like your team. Hopefully it works out for us!

• Thanks 1

I think it’s a very good team, don’t see any immediate needs, gl

• Like 1

LOVE this team. Think you'll be fine at RB. Probably a top-3 team in ur league I would bet.

• Like 1

Like you, I'm worried about your depth, and that actually goes for every position. Your starting team is great, but you can't really handle much injury.  Shepard is an okay WR/Flex fill-in, but it's iffy at best.  Hopefully you can pluck a RB off waivers for depth.  Again, though, rock solid starting group.

• Thanks 1

You're right that your RB depth is a bit shaky, which is a bit concerning with Fournette leading your pack.  Definitely a place I would be active in reinforcing.  That being said I like the lotto tickets you took near the end and given the Superflex and PPR formatting you absolutely did the right thing in investing your money heavily at QB and grabbing high volume types in the passing game.  Williams and Kupp could be a bit boom or bust but I think Shepard could be a great PPR receiver so I wouldn't stress about that too much. 

Overall really solid team.

• Thanks 1

Strong starters.  No immediate needs.  Can improve depth, but you should have the options to do so if needed later on.

• Like 1

I really like what you got. I absolutely love Cooper Kupp and Tyler Lockett. If your starters stay healthy your team should go a long way.

• Like 1

I actually like your RBs, you have 2 studs a couple lottery picks for depth.  High risk/high reward.  WRs are nice too, even though I'd say look to package some pieces for a bigger name down the road.  Kelce will be your anchor.  Not bad at all!

• Thanks 1

I think your team is good, but not without flaws.

You decided to pay for two top-10 qbs .....which makes sense in this format and does give you an edge, but as a result you missed out on a true #1 WR (although you do have a nice group of three #2 WR's and plenty of upside on the bench) ....... and you already pointed out the main weakness, which is lack of RB depth.

In a 12 team superflex league most teams have some strengths and weaknesses after the draft...... your strength is QB..... and your starting RBs and WRs are solid .   While you definitely need to address RB depth, there are likely teams with much more serious weaknesses that that in the league.   

There is some work to be done to build up your bench, but you set yourself up for a solid season...your starting lineup for Week 1 should be as good as just about anybody in your league

(thanks for the help on mine)

• Thanks 1

with a little extra thought my overall assessment is the same, but I see your strategy more clearly (whether intentional or not)

I think you went with a conservative version of "studs and duds" ..... but instead of (over)paying for the most elite players you just made sure that all of your starters were good to very good, even if that meant your bench was full of "duds".    As long as you put in the time and effort to build your bench/depth ....and you aren't unlucky with injuries.........you should be golden. ...

In fact, I just might steal this modified :studs and duds" strategy in my next auction of 12+ teams.... though I would likely target only 1 top-10 qb (instead of 2) and use the extra $ towards RB.

• Thanks 1