Joram

Blackmon

Suarez

Hoskins

Ketel

Hiura

Laureano

Clevinger

I think some folks are missing the fact that this is a OBP league. As much as I like Hiura and Laureano I don't see how you can justify keeping them over any of the others in this format. Unless you actually believe Hiura will be a high OBP guy (I don't). If you do then you can make case for him over Suarez. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I think some folks are missing the fact that this is a OBP league. As much as I like Hiura and Laureano I don't see how you can justify keeping them over any of the others in this format. Unless you actually believe Hiura will be a high OBP guy (I don't). If you do then you can make case for him over Suarez. 

Here's your career OBP numbers. 

laureano .341

hiura .379

hoskins .371

suarez .340

Edited by MSkibisky
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dkrocka said:

16 team 6x6 + obp + k:bb

Joram

Blackmon

Suarez

Hoskins

Ketel

Hiura

Laureano

Clevinger

JoRam, Hiura, Ketel are locks. 

I’m assuming K/BB is for pitchers. I’d also keep Clevinger, who’s a stud in our K/BB league. 

For the last 2, probably Laureano and...Blackmon. I don’t love keeping the aging OF, but not really huge on Hoskins in general. Kinda a toss up between the two.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Here's your career OBP numbers. 

laureano .341

hiura .379

hoskins .371

suarez .340

I mentioned in my reply that I don't think that's sustainable for Hiura. He strikes out way too much. Same with Laureano. Just my opinion, but opinions are all we really have to go by since we have such a small sample size for both players. 

18 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I mentioned in my reply that I don't think that's sustainable for Hiura. He strikes out way too much. Same with Laureano. Just my opinion, but opinions are all we really have to go by since we have such a small sample size for both players. 

Yea, I realize its a small sample size. I just hate Hoskins with a burning passion. 

J. Ramirez, Blackmon. Suarez, Ketel Marte, Clevinger are locks imo.

Last one is between Hiura and Laureano.  The sample size is kind of small at this point to make that call easily.  See what happens rest of season imo.  Let Hoskins walk.  Nothing special going on there imo and at best an 80-100 overall type now imo.

So two different people suggested keeping Eugenio Suarez over Keston Hiura. In a keeper. Not sure you could find another 2 if you polled 100 people. Not sure I can see the justification.

Suarez is what he is. Currently the 16th ranked 3B. He’s not really a keeper anywhere. And you’re going to keep him over a young up and coming 2B with huge upside? 

2 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

Yea, I realize its a small sample size. I just hate Hoskins with a burning passion. 

Completely understand. I'm not a fan either and typically avoid him...but I don't usually play in OBP leagues. Maybe a compromise would be just keeping Hiura over Suarez. 

Thanks for all the input, it's good to see different perspectives.

Im not close to deciding. And yes, k:bb is for pitchers. Only locks for me are joram ketel and clevinger for the moment.

The league only runs for 3 more years. It's keep 6. Then keep 5... Then 4. And redraft

I can probably redraft Suarez, people don't seem to be fond of him for whatever reason.

59 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

Thanks for all the input, it's good to see different perspectives.

Im not close to deciding. And yes, k:bb is for pitchers. Only locks for me are joram ketel and clevinger for the moment.

The league only runs for 3 more years. It's keep 6. Then keep 5... Then 4. And redraft

I can probably redraft Suarez, people don't seem to be fond of him for whatever reason.

Suarez is on pace for roughly 44 HR/100 rbi while hitting 250-260.  And this after hitting 34 Hrs and 104 rbis last season.  3b is very deep and the avg is a bit of a concern, but I can't see letting that type of production go to speculate on someone or keep Hoskins.

Joram, Blackmon, Suarez, Hoskins, Ketel, Hiura

Suarez and Laureano are the easy cuts

Suarez has a career .341 OBA

Hiura is going to be as good as Gleybar, maybe better