smeeze

2019 Survivor Pool Thread

Don't think a healthy Saquon would even make a difference on that outcome TBH.

1 hour ago, ludawg23 said:

Don't think a healthy Saquon would even make a difference on that outcome TBH.

Now Engram might not play.

Anyone feeling 49ers next week against the Skins?

planning on burning NE this week with all the Giants injuries. 

Already used SEA, BAL, DAL, and NE

Gonna go with LAC at home vs PIT with Devlin Hodges (lol) at QB, or if Mason somehow clears protocol I may audible to GB over DET... or KC over HOU (depends heavily on health of Mahomes and which WR's will be active)

20 hours ago, ribeye33 said:

Anyone feeling 49ers next week against the Skins?

planning on burning NE this week with all the Giants injuries. 

I might do that, we’ll see.  Was thinking Bills next week, but they’re my best option for Week 9 as well. If the Skins look bad against Miami and the Niners perform against the Rams, I think it’s a decent play.  

But West Coast teams going East are always a recipe for upset.

James Washington just confirmed out a few weeks for PIT.  Feeling more and more like LAC at home vs PIT is a safe pick. 

56 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I might do that, we’ll see.  Was thinking Bills next week, but they’re my best option for Week 9 as well. If the Skins look bad against Miami and the Niners perform against the Rams, I think it’s a decent play.  

But West Coast teams going East are always a recipe for upset.

Was looking at this as well.  If the Pack look good at home vs the Lions, I think you could go with them next week against the Raiders and then save the Bills for Week 9.  That is a tough week.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

Per reports this morning, doesn't look like Saquon or Gallman are playing.

...nor Engam, nor Shep and three starting LB's that missed week 5. It's a total disaster. Nix everything that I said about a possible upset lol.

Edited by nonstopfan

So the top options week 7 seem to be the following:

Bills vs. Miami

Packers vs. Oakland

Patriots vs. Jets

49ers vs. Washington

Riskier Choices

Jacksonville vs. Bengals (away game though)

Giants vs. Arizona (assuming the health of Barkley, Engram, and Shep)

I personally don't have the Patriots left, and the Packers seem like a solid option as I don't see myself considering them again till week 14 vs. Washington. Granted, I am a Packers fan and do worry this is a trap game much like it was for Chicago, also scary that Oakland has had a bye week to prepare.

While the Bills seem like an obvious option, Miami x2, and Washington x1 appear on their schedule thru week 11, so definitely other times to use them.

Edited by ChWRoCk2

On 10/9/2019 at 7:40 AM, ludawg23 said:

Was looking at this as well.  If the Pack look good at home vs the Lions, I think you could go with them next week against the Raiders and then save the Bills for Week 9.  That is a tough week.

The Raiders just beat Indy in Indy and Chicago in London. No way I trust GB enough to beat a team like the Raiders. Buff or SF s em to be more logical to me based on both their opponents and their defenses. 

6 minutes ago, Krambone said:

The Raiders just beat Indy in Indy and Chicago in London. No way I trust GB enough to beat a team like the Raiders. Buff or SF s em to be more logical to me based on both their opponents and their defenses. 

Yeah I don’t love GB anymore - GB giving up massive yards on the ground and OAK has a great O-line and Jacobs.

Leaning SF at the moment.  That defense really controlled LAR. 

Am I crazy for considering Kansas City? They can't possibly lose 3 in a row right? I'm debating taking the risk and saving the obvious choices in SF/BUF as I also like them in later weeks.

Going to avoid the OAK-GB game - the Raiders just seem to win games they have no business winning.  Their O-Line is one of the best in the NFL and they can really run the ball...Packers struggle to stop the run.

SF for me this week most likely.

Buffalo is the obvious must-use.  They're playing MIA at home and I'm pretty sure MIA is going 0-8 on the road this season (they'll probably go 0-16 or 1-15).  To me the only reason not to use the Bills here would be to "save" them to use them Week 9 against Washington at home.  But Washington may improve some with the new coaching staff.  

So the real question is, if you use the Bills here, who do you use in Week 9?  The top week 9 options (other than Bills home v. WAS) are looking like: 49ers at Cardinals; Jets at Dolphins; Seattle home vs. Bucs.

So what pair do you like better: Week 7 Bills home vs. MIA and Week 9 49ers at Cardinals (or Jets at Dolphins)? or Week 7 49ers at Washington and Week 9 Bills home vs. Washington?  I guess either way you are likely picking one road team to come through for you and it's just a question of when.  I'd probably rather get the "sure win" now to make sure I survive another week to see what happens.  But I see why others want to go the other way.

• Like 2

People who took the Packers were saved by the refs! (i.e. guard rail)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

Buffalo is the obvious must-use.  They're playing MIA at home and I'm pretty sure MIA is going 0-8 on the road this season (they'll probably go 0-16 or 1-15).  To me the only reason not to use the Bills here would be to "save" them to use them Week 9 against Washington at home.  But Washington may improve some with the new coaching staff.  

So the real question is, if you use the Bills here, who do you use in Week 9?  The top week 9 options (other than Bills home v. WAS) are looking like: 49ers at Cardinals; Jets at Dolphins; Seattle home vs. Bucs.

So what pair do you like better: Week 7 Bills home vs. MIA and Week 9 49ers at Cardinals (or Jets at Dolphins)? or Week 7 49ers at Washington and Week 9 Bills home vs. Washington?  I guess either way you are likely picking one road team to come through for you and it's just a question of when.  I'd probably rather get the "sure win" now to make sure I survive another week to see what happens.  But I see why others want to go the other way.

If you made it this far,  you need to start mapping out the schedule. 

I'm taking 49ers this week at WASHINGTON.   It's a ten point spread which makes them a strong favorite to win and the Niners are playing really well right now.

I agree that saving the Bills at home over the Redskins in week 9 is a smart play if you haven't used them yet or even week 11 in Miami if you can.

• Like 2

I don't like to look too far ahead, but I agree the next few weeks you probably best off playing the teams that play either WAS or MIA at home (or maybe even on the road). I would consider the 49ers this week, but I'm not a big fan of playing a west coast team on the east coast (unless the game is not at 12).

I'm going 49ers this week. Really don't think there'll be a better spot to use them this season. Buffalo has Miami again in week 11, which is a week where there are fewer "gimme" games (best options are probably NO @ TB, NYJ @ WSH, ARZ @ SF, DEN @ MIN, etc.) so I think this is the week to use them even though BUF would be on the road.

I feel most confident in Buffalo this week, but I'm probably "rolling the dice" a little more and taking the 49ers on the road vs the Redskins. I think Buffalo is much more valuable in the near future. It's a risk i'm willing to take as I think week 9 or 11 may be tough for those without BUF (although Week 11 you could use SF at home over ARI, but then week 9 you'd be forced to make a tougher decision)

• Like 1

Weeks 7, 9 & 11 should be BUF, SF & 1 other team.

Have to play the long game at this point, so look at those weeks and decide who you like best as that 3rd team.

• Like 1