smeeze

2019 Survivor Pool Thread

4 hours ago, Idoolittle said:

I have no idea why someone would play GB here. I get the concept of going with a mediocre team vs a bad team. But these were two good games. Pretty much any other week would have been a better week to play GB.

I didn’t pick them but I can understand the rational. Eagles have looked terrible in the secondary and the packers D up until this game was looking stellar. Add to that at Lambeau and eagles down Jackson and a gimpy Alshon I felt like this was a solid pick. If the CS doesn’t pass the ball at the 1 every time out, or if Adams didn’t go down chances are pack would have pulled this one out.

Eagles have not looked like a good team. Close win after falling behind big against the crappy skins, loss to mediocre Atl and then loss to Det. 

Edited by Nyblazer11235

7 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

Low class at all. I hope philly comes to foxboro. 

Oh yeah, the Patriots, the definition of class. :wacko:

That game last night was untouchable for me (and not just because of my team). Way too much weird crap happens on Thursday nights, and Philly is a better team than they've let on. The secondary's absolutely garbage, buy they get enough stops in the RZ to hang with anyone. It was also too early in the season to be completely sold on the Pack. Two good teams, though.

Edited by EaglesRocker97

4 hours ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I didn’t pick them but I can understand the rational. Eagles have looked terrible in the secondary and the packers D up until this game was looking stellar. Add to that at Lambeau and eagles down Jackson and a gimpy Alshon I felt like this was a solid pick. If the CS doesn’t pass the ball at the 1 every time out, or if Adams didn’t go down chances are pack would have pulled this one out.

Eagles have not looked like a good team. Close win after falling behind big against the crappy skins, loss to mediocre Atl and then loss to Det. 

Okay, I understand this argument a little bit more. Obviously still was a bad call, but at least there's some logic behind it. I guess as someone who went with Philly +5, I seen this as a close matchup from the git go and figured this was one of the obvious avoid matchups in a survivor pool.

On 9/25/2019 at 9:46 PM, wekko368 said:

I'm taking the Rams, Ravens, and Chiefs.  I'm saving the Colts for week 10. 

Just an FYI,this will be Mahomes first NFL start indoors and in college he was 1-3 indoors.His numbers were off the charts but of course those mean nothing in a survivor pot.

I'm leaning heavy on the Rams this week big time and I'm gonna root for a Miami miracle to clear out the field a bit. 

• Haha 1

Going Pittsburgh. Monday night. Season on the line. Bengals suck. Last two games have been down to the wire. I don't see how they don't win.

16 minutes ago, codog24 said:

Going Pittsburgh. Monday night. Season on the line. Bengals suck. Last two games have been down to the wire. I don't see how they don't win.

Good luck with that.  Steelers are 0-3 and have given no reasons to show that they can put a winning offense on the field.  Just not sure taking that kind of risk is advisable.  But to each their own.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Idoolittle said:

Looks like the survivor pool just got significantly smaller after the Rams loss to the Bucs.

yep that and a few other upsets today. 

I got wiped out today. Good luck to everybody who is still in it

Just now, Cdub2k said:

yep that and a few other upsets today. 

I got wiped out today. Good luck to everybody who is still in it

Rams, Colts, Packers, Ravens, Texans, and Falcons would have been the losses that knocked out the most people. According to Yahoo, each of those teams were 1-6% picked except for the Rams, who were picked by 28.13% of the pool.

Lots of carnage this week.  I took the Chargers and the Rams with my two entries, so obviously down to one.

Nevertheless, it’s nice to finally see the pool thinned out. Quite a few people in mine were on the Colts and Ravens as well.

Ugh.  Had to get cute with the Colts.  Out in a couple leagues now...  still alive in a couple others.  Oh well.  

Colts, Rams, and Ravens probably the ones that did some people in this week. I was against the Charges due to the whole west coast team traveling across country to play at 1 pm thing. What this week did for me was reinforce do not be to afraid to just take the team playing the Dolphins. Obviously, anything can happen but man they are so bad. 

Dolphins on a bye, what is the strategy with them out of the mix? Lol

Philly at home vs Jets is a popular pick, Jets just coming off their bye week while Eagles played the Thursday game in week 3. Looks like a safe pick.

• Haha 1

Overall Through Week 4

Week 1 Entries, 1773

Eliminated, 1124

Survivors, 649

Week 4 Summary

Expected Entries, 1192

Actual Entries, 1192

Eliminated, 543

Survivors, 642

Undecided, 7

Week 4 Pick Breakdown

LAC, 561

LAR, 300

IND, 135

BAL, 42

SEA, 35

KC, 30

HOU, 24

ATL, 18

GB, 13

DEN, 10

NE, 10

PIT, 7

NYG, 6

MIN, 1

Let’s go Cincy...  lots of bad picks this week. Everyone trying to outsmart the next guy.. I took LAC.. 

Rams were a nice trap pick this week, was close to 25% of pools in Yahoo had them. Never bet against the Bucs offense, they burned a ton of people upsetting the Saints last year too.

15 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

People getting cute and not picking LAC this week....cya next year!

Week 5 looking tough.

Eagles for me if Darnold doesn’t play. Obviously Patriots in play as well.

5 hours ago, ThunderDan said:

Derek Carr vs. Bears Defense

Raiders defense vs the Bears offense led by their backup QB

Bears offense looked better with Daniel at QB yesterday. MIN is a top-5 D, OAK isn’t. I’m taking the Bears

9 hours ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Dolphins on a bye, what is the strategy with them out of the mix? Lol

Everyone with the "just pick whoever the Dolphins play" strategy right now.

I'm more than likely going with NE over WSH because I didn't use them earlier. I was originally planning on using MIN over NYG, and although I still don't mind that pick would rather see how Jones and Gallman perform against a good defense before betting against them.

Other options include:
PHI over NYJ - There's a chance Darnold might not play in this game. If with Falk at QB, it'd be hard not to take this matchup. Though there is always the Bell factor to watch out for.
KC over IND - In Arrowhead, Mack might not be 100%, and IND isn't the same team with Brissett at QB as they were with Luck. They also just lost to Oakland.
CHI over OAK - Chicago D should be able to dominate OAK, but also likely betting on a backup QB
NO over TB - Basically the same idea as picking LAR over TB. TB should lose, but they always have blowup potential and could come out with the win if the offense gets hot.
ARZ over CIN - Probably the same as picking PIT over CIN. Hard to pick a team that's 0-3-1, but I do think Arizona is a much better team than the Bengals.

NE over Washington, no brainer safe pick

Philly over Jets is also a no brainer safe pick if Darnold is out IMO

Bears over Raiders should be fairly safe...Can you imagine the epic performance Mack is going to put on?

Minny over Giants has trap game written all over it IMO, I'd avoid it