Sign in to follow this  
secretagentman

Pick 6 Roto Keepers...

5x5 Roto, 10 team, 13/9/2C weekly lineups.  Keep any 6.

Pick 6 from the list below:

Bellinger

JD Martinez

Acquino

M. Chapman

Suarez

Bogaerts

A. Mondesi

Donaldson

Encarnacion

Dahl

Kershaw

Bauer

Gray

I haven't been keeping up with acquino. But I'd keep Bellinger JD Bog Mondesi and ride Kershaw into the ground. I've never been a big Bauer guy. Suarez got hurt in 2018 for almost a month so 40-100+ 260 is probably as good a 3b as you'll be able to draft. Then again you could just draft chapmen who might actually be better. I'd probably try to trade Suarez for aroldis or Yates considering the closer landscape

2 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

I haven't been keeping up with acquino. But I'd keep Bellinger JD Bog Mondesi and ride Kershaw into the ground. I've never been a big Bauer guy. Suarez got hurt in 2018 for almost a month so 40-100+ 260 is probably as good a 3b as you'll be able to draft. Then again you could just draft chapmen who might actually be better. I'd probably try to trade Suarez for aroldis or Yates considering the closer landscape

I already own Yates (only decent closer I have in that league).  Can't see paying for closers even with this landscape.  It has always been a bad idea imo and paying does not guarantee you do not get the next E. Diaz anyway.  Closers turn over\turn into pumpkins far too much imo.

Posted (edited)

Bellinger JD Suarez Bogey Mondesi. I would hold the last keeper pick for a draft pick because Kersh and Aquino imo are right on the line. See if you can upgrade from that pick. If not, I would go Kersh as the 6th.

Edited by MSkibisky

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

Bellinger JD Suarez Bogey Mondesi. I would hold the last keeper pick for a draft pick because Kersh and Aquino imo are right on the line. See if you can upgrade from that pick. If not, I would go Kersh as the 6th.

You have to keep 6.  There is no trading in keepers or trading of draft picks allowed in this league.

Edited by secretagentman

I've generally felt the same about closers. This year I drafted Smith, Strop, and waiver added Holland on speculation. How close was I to having zero closers at the end of July as a result of not investing a little earlier? There's more turnover in the back end. Yates has like 8 walks this year. He will be fine. I did not enjoy finally finding and rostering mediocre MaGill or trading for Iglesias because it became a necessity.

Bats are bountiful. Pitching has been a dumpster fire. Time to invest in elite pitching to avoid that headache.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

I've generally felt the same about closers. This year I drafted Smith, Strop, and waiver added Holland on speculation. How close was I to having zero closers at the end of July as a result of not investing a little earlier? There's more turnover in the back end. Yates has like 8 walks this year. He will be fine. I did not enjoy finally finding and rostering mediocre MaGill or trading for Iglesias because it became a necessity.

Bats are bountiful. Pitching has been a dumpster fire. Time to invest in elite pitching to avoid that headache.

I have always believed in investing in starters...just not closers.  Closers turn over year to year at something like a 60-70% clip I think.  And while a handful are "stable", good luck figuring those out.  Kimbrel...decides not to sign til July.  Diaz...who was widely considered a top closer and safe pick...turns into a pumpkin.  Doolittle (horrible ratios...Treinen...horrible...etc. etc.  It is a fool's bet.  I got burned as well for the first time ever and it was because I had some of those clowns and the Giles (hurt...not getting saves), L. Jackson's, W. Davis's (who was supposed to be a fairly safe pick), etc.  Spending high draft picks on Chapmen or Yates or Hand is fine until they get hurt or turn into pumpkins and there simply is no reason to do it imo.  I rather gamble on a top SP which while hardly a sure thing at least helps in 4 cats as opposed to one.

Edited by secretagentman

In that case I'd probably go Suarez. He's a safe bet and probably the best 3b available to you even if you have 1st pick. The same is not likely true of Bauer/Gray

Bellinger, JD Martinez, M. Chapman, Suarez, Bogaerts, A. Mondesi

locks

Mondesi

Kershaw

JD

Bellinger

Chapman/Bogey/Bauer for last 2

On 8/29/2019 at 7:51 PM, HOOTIE said:

locks

Mondesi

Kershaw

JD

Bellinger

Chapman/Bogey/Bauer for last 2

The way Bauer is pitching in the past month or so, he has no chance of being kept at this point over one of the others imo.

Bellinger

JDM

Chapman

Suarez

Bogaerts

Mondesi

Kershaw

I'm stuck on these seven.  To me it probably comes down to who you like more between Chapman and Suarez