Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

12 hours ago, Jimbalaya said:

My original thought was to play Houston defense against Panthers. But they just beat up on Arizona with Allen. I'm thinking I'll just start my GB defense against Philly.

Yeah but that was against AZ. I kinda like Houston at home vs Panthers. With a week + to prepare for Allen , I can see a down game very easily for the new QB. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Jimbalaya said:

My original thought was to play Houston defense against Panthers. But they just beat up on Arizona with Allen. I'm thinking I'll just start my GB defense against Philly.

I'm sticking w GB this week, and perhaps longer.  They look real legit (real world and fantasy-wise), and could be this years Bears and the year before's Jax IMO.  Only matchups for them that concern me at all are week 5 @ Dal and week 8 @ KC.  Rest of season sked looks pretty sweet.

Edited by TheINC
  • Like 2

Jags DST worth a #4 claim in 12 team? Rolling waivers so would likely end up around 10. Currently have Cowboys

42 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Chargers @ Miami, vs Den, vs Pitt

Or Jags @ Broncos, then @ Carolina, vs NO

Who do you take for the next few games?

I like that Charger schedule. 2/3 are at home too. 

12 hours ago, TheINC said:

I'm sticking w GB this week, and perhaps longer.  They look real legit (real world and fantasy-wise), and could be this years Bears and the year before's Jax IMO.  Only matchups for them that concern me at all are week 5 @ Dal and week 8 @ KC.  Rest of season sked looks pretty sweet.

i just cant hold two defenses, so next week against dal, you either would need to play them or drop them (or keep 2 defenses).  i have claims in for seattle, denver and houston this week (dropping gb).  otherwise ill play them vs philly.

14 hours ago, TheINC said:

I'm starting to buy them too.

Petine's 5 down lineman scheme is really proving to be a headache for teams.  They've gone against three shaky QBs, and I'm curious to see how they'll do against Wentz.  But 8 turnovers and 12 sacks in three games combined with the second least amount of points allowed is pretty sweet.  The Smiths, Alexander and Amos seem to be a legit combo, and Martinez, Burks, Clark and Lowry are all solid.

There are some good options to hide them in 5 and 8 (and 11) too.  Thursday should be telling.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, herschel said:

i just cant hold two defenses, so next week against dal, you either would need to play them or drop them (or keep 2 defenses).  i have claims in for seattle, denver and houston this week (dropping gb).  otherwise ill play them vs philly.

If they deliver again this week then i'll make the space for a 2nd D in week 5 and 8. GB's season long value to me as a potential top 3 D is worth dropping a cuff off my bench for a week IMO.  

Edited by TheINC

Surprised there's not more chatter about the Steelers this week:

The Steelers forced five turnovers in Week 3's loss to the 49ers.

Analysis: Turnovers saved the Steelers from a complete blowout, as they were outgained by the 49ers 436-239. The addition of FS Minkah Fitzpatrick surely helped, as he intercepted a pass and forced a fumble in his Steelers debut. The squad will look to keep the performance rolling against the Bengals, who have coughed up the ball eight times already while QB Andy Dalton has been sacked 11 times. This matchup oozes high upside for the Steelers, and the floor is appealing as well since the Bengals haven't surpassed 20 points yet. Consider streaming Steelers D/ST in virtually every format.

27 minutes ago, smeeze said:

This was my Pick....it was pretty much my only pick.... because everyone in my league except me has two defenses

34 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Between them and the Texans for me right now. I have them both, waiting to drop one to make a decision.

Steelers @ home MNF against a hapless Bengals team is intriguing.

Texans were my choice until Kyle Allen look good last weekend. It was, however, against he worst defense in the league, Arizona. I'm not sure he'll be able to replicate that @Houston.

How would you rank Dallas (@NO), DEN (JAX), and IND (OAK)? Malik Hooker being out for the Colts scares me as he's a legit playmarker in the backfield. I actually like Denver to bounce back at home against the inexperienced rookie QB. No sacks or takeaways yet but that's bound to change with a team on the brink of being eliminated already, right?

I'm going PIT vs CIN at home this week instead of the following available WW options: 

- WSH @ NYG

- IND vs OAK

- ATL vs TEN

Anybody have insight on why I might be doing it wrong? Or reinforcement of my decision? Thanks.

1 minute ago, 4Ring said:

I'm going PIT vs CIN at home this week instead of the following available WW options: 

- WSH @ NYG

- IND vs OAK

- ATL vs TEN

Anybody have insight on why I might be doing it wrong? Or reinforcement of my decision? Thanks.

Seems like the most preferable option of the three to me.  Dalton looked lost against Buffalo.  Pittsburgh hasn't played great defense but they should get some sacks and maybe a turnover or two against these guys.

Atlanta wihout Neal and Washington I wouldn't even consider.  They've been too bad, and Danny Dimes looked terrific under pressure against Tampa, and the Titans can just pound Henry all day without exposing Mariota provided their defense plays to the level they are capable of.

Indy's interesting, but I streamed Denver against Oakland week 1 and it didn't work out.  Waller, Williams and Jacobs are functional pieces, the line isn't bad, and without Hooker and possibly Leonard still the Colts are missing their secret sauce.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Seems like the most preferable option of the three to me.  Dalton looked lost against Buffalo.  Pittsburgh hasn't played great defense but they should get some sacks and maybe a turnover or two against these guys.

Atlanta wihout Neal and Washington I wouldn't even consider.  They've been too bad, and Danny Dimes looked terrific under pressure against Tampa, and the Titans can just pound Henry all day without exposing Mariota provided their defense plays to the level they are capable of.

Indy's interesting, but I streamed Denver against Oakland week 1 and it didn't work out.  Waller, Williams and Jacobs are functional pieces, the line isn't bad, and without Hooker and possibly Leonard still the Colts are missing their secret sauce.

Thanks for the sauce, boss

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Olliemets said:

How would you rank Dallas (@NO), DEN (JAX), and IND (OAK)? Malik Hooker being out for the Colts scares me as he's a legit playmarker in the backfield. I actually like Denver to bounce back at home against the inexperienced rookie QB. No sacks or takeaways yet but that's bound to change with a team on the brink of being eliminated already, right?

Personally dropped Dallas for Broncos in one league.  I had huge regret using the Titans against the Jags, but their offense was so putred that I think it made it more difficult for the defense with needing to do too much.  Flacco is bad too, but it's at home and hopefully the running game can give their defense a break.  No sacks or turnovers like you said, and I don't think I'd try this on the road, but hopefully it's a get right game.  Desperate times honestly, but I'm rolling with them over both of the other two you listed which are available in my league.

Anyone streaming Green Bay this week?

I'm thinking of dropping them for SEA against Arizona or IND against Oakland. HOU against Carolina is on waivers as well. 

Edited by FrancoJavierM
edit

1 hour ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Anyone streaming Green Bay this week?

I'm thinking of dropping them for SEA against Arizona or IND against Oakland. HOU against Carolina is on waivers as well. 

I'm in a fairly similar position, only at the moment I have SEA against Arizona equipped and I'm wondering whether I should pick up GB against Philly this week. Both options seem like okay plays this week.

Id be careful with the colts D vs Oak.  Denver burned a lot of us week 1 vs them.  

Dallas @NO or Pit vs Cin?  

1 hour ago, crazyfingers711 said:

Id be careful with the colts D vs Oak.  Denver burned a lot of us week 1 vs them.  

Dallas @NO or Pit vs Cin?  

Surprised Pitt D hasn't got more talk. I have GB right now may be dropping for them 

5 minutes ago, Brettg57 said:

Surprised Pitt D hasn't got more talk. I have GB right now may be dropping for them 

Was just going to ask if any GB owners are gonna roll them out tonight vs PHI? 

1 minute ago, christino3286 said:

Was just going to ask if any GB owners are gonna roll them out tonight vs PHI? 

It's tempting. GB defense looks better this season but the only real offense they've faced was Minnesota. One thing that scares me is Peters is returning to LT and they get Alshon back, oh and Eagles are desperate and can't fall to 1-3.