Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

Is Nugent an upgrade over Lutz? Saints have surprisingly moved the ball well enough to get in FG with Brees but the Patriots are the Patriots.

7 minutes ago, FML said:

Is Nugent an upgrade over Lutz? Saints have surprisingly moved the ball well enough to get in FG with Brees but the Patriots are the Patriots.

I think i'd stick with Lutz, he's a weekly top 5 option.  I expect Nugent to get a lot of opportunities, but he's old (38), and doesn't have the leg strength so 50 yarders aren't gonna be in the cards that often.  I'm wondering how Nugent compares to guys like Pinero, Seibart, Rosas, and McLaughlin (Chargers new K).  I dropped Myers for Jimmy Graham so I need a K option this week and Gay and Gould were already scooped up.

How do you see Nugent compared to Matt Gay?

I really like the kicks of Gay but Nuge has the volume. (maybe?)

I have 3 options:

1. Houston against ATL at home

2. 49ers against Browns at home on MNF

3. Panthers against Jags at home

What would you choose?
At the moment I am rolling with Houston with not that much confidence.

I need my Defense to click this weekend.

2 hours ago, Cam4Future said:

I have 3 options:

1. Houston against ATL at home

2. 49ers against Browns at home on MNF

3. Panthers against Jags at home

What would you choose?
At the moment I am rolling with Houston with not that much confidence.

I need my Defense to click this weekend.

I have the same options, and I'm going with the Panthers D just because the Jags offense poses the least amount of threat in my opinion. 49ers might also get some sacks on Cleveland but I think Cleveland will still put up points.

I'm looking ahead to next week to stash a defense now, and eyeing up either Cowboys at the Jets (but will likely have Darnold back) or Ravens at home against Cincy (Cincy has been awful but so has the Ravens D). Who do I pick up?

heavy rain forecast for teh Pittsboig area on Sunday ... both sides looking verrrry juicy with that tidbit.

(and, yeah, i know it's WIND that really makes a difference, but this is HEAVY rain forecast as of now ... gonna be a slopfest if applicable).

19 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

heavy rain forecast for teh Pittsboig area on Sunday ... both sides looking verrrry juicy with that tidbit.

(and, yeah, i know it's WIND that really makes a difference, but this is HEAVY rain forecast as of now ... gonna be a slopfest if applicable).

So slopfest = more FG I assume?

23 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

I have the same options, and I'm going with the Panthers D just because the Jags offense poses the least amount of threat in my opinion. 49ers might also get some sacks on Cleveland but I think Cleveland will still put up points.

disclaimer, i'm also riding Carolina this week, but to speak to your points ...

see, i don't think Jax is that great of a matchup - sure, they (Jax) may only score 14-17 pts, giving a very safe floor in that respect  

but they take care of the ball. they have a very solid running game. they play good defense, themselves.   in other words, a very bland/vanilla opponent. 

i like "splash" plays from my streaming D - sacks, picks, fumbles, potential TD opportunities ... an offense like Jax is extremely risk averse, not too many chances to score on those aforementioned splash plays. 

conversely, a team like Cleveland is certainly more explosive offensively, but ... their o-line is still suspect, Mayfield is careless with the ball, etc. 

sure, the Brownies may score more than Jax, but their recklessness plays in to those "splash" plays i cited ... it's a case of six of one/half dozen of the other ... now, San Fran was scooped before i could snag them, so i settled for the Panthers - but, man, i do love the potential of the 49ers wreaking tons of splash havoc Monday night. 

tl;dr - base your streamer on the propensity of their opponents recklessness with the foosball.

• Like 1

Hey fellas, behind the 8 ball this week, HUUUUUGE underdog

My league only counts Sacks, TO and TD's. PA/YA only matter if you hold a team to under 3

Highest upside DST this week

Saints vs TB

Chargers vs DEN

Cowboys vs GB

Bills @ TEN

or another that you think I could use

4 hours ago, oldsoul said:

Hey fellas, behind the 8 ball this week, HUUUUUGE underdog

My league only counts Sacks, TO and TD's. PA/YA only matter if you hold a team to under 3

Highest upside DST this week

Saints vs TB

Chargers vs DEN

Cowboys vs GB

Bills @ TEN

or another that you think I could use

I'd say either Saints or Chargers. Green Bay and Tennessee tend to be a little more careful with the ball, even though they might give up some sacks. But I think you'll have more turnover and big play opportunities against Winston and Flacco. It's a toss up for me between Saints and Chargers but might lean Chargers just based on how Tampa has looked lately.

Guys, im trying to plan for the bears bye week 6 , so what do u guys think?

dallas @ NYJ possibily with darnold

redskins @ Miami  

panthers @ tampa bay

or

chargers vs Pit 

Posted (edited)

I'm teeter-tottering on which defense would be the better start this week...

Saints vs Bucs @ home in the superdome, w/ Winston coming off a strong couple games

or

49ers vs Browns @ home, w/ Baker coming off a strong game

Both defense have been stronk this season, both opponents have momentum

Edited by yung_fetty

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, konstao said:

redskins @ Miami  

panthers @ tampa bay

or

chargers vs Pit 

I have the Bears too and was wondering the same thing. Right now, I'm going with the Redskins but I was thinking about Dallas if Darnold is out. Problem is that Dallas will probably be off the waiver wire by the time we find out if Darnold plays.

Edited by gokingsgo

7 hours ago, konstao said:

redskins @ Miami  

panthers @ tampa bay

or

chargers vs Pit 

What about Miami vs Wash? Washington is just as bad as Miami, and the Dolphins are home after a bye. That's how I'm rolling. 

Anybody playing the Green Bay Packers defense if the Cowboys LT & RT miss the game?  GB's defense has been feisty this year.

5 hours ago, yung_fetty said:

I'm teeter-tottering on which defense would be the better start this week...

Saints vs Bucs @ home in the superdome, w/ Winston coming off a strong couple games

or

49ers vs Browns @ home, w/ Baker coming off a strong game

Both defense have been stronk this season, both opponents have momentum

I'm going to roll with the 49ers, just because I think their pass rush and run defense will work well against Cleveland's line... they may still put up yards, but there should be a handful of sacks and maybe an interception or two.

I also have a lot of exposure to the TB offense, though, so I'm shying away from the Saints. 

• Like 3

Trying to decide between Fairbairn and McLaughlin this week.

Fairbairn has been abysmal, only having 5 FG attempts this season and making 3, though the 2 misses were 50+ yards. The attempts just havent been there, and the XPs havent been there either. I do think he may have a bounce back game this week, as the Falcons pass rush hasn't been good and Houston's achilles heel has been their offensive line.

McLaughlin has a much better matchup (DEN allowing most points to K) and the Chargers kicker situation has been much more fruitful than Houston's this year. My problem with him is the uncertainty in his ability and whether or not he's even going to be the one kicking. I can't seem to find solid confirmation anywhere that he's taking over for Ty Long this week, since he just joined the team.

Any thoughts appreciated.

2 hours ago, DekuTree said:

I'm going to roll with the 49ers, just because I think their pass rush and run defense will work well against Cleveland's line... they may still put up yards, but there should be a handful of sacks and maybe an interception or two.

I also have a lot of exposure to the TB offense, though, so I'm shying away from the Saints. 

Same here brodie , gl . I got Winston and Godwin starting. 49ers D is the play here , or TEN if available. 

In leagues that are not huge on PA/YA I am big on the Chiefs, Steelers and Browns D this week. Have a good feeling from these units for multiple sacks/TO's and higher chance of TD than other squads

Tennessee defense no Wake and Allen is playing. I don't feel so good about them as I did. Maybe Carolina is the better play.