Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

5 hours ago, Mr_Baller said:

Dallas, I like the first three weeks.

I think Dallas is gonna be one of the best Defenses the whole year. 

I like Dallas first 3 games as soft offenses,

Charges for this week against no luck colts,

Cleveland vs Titans,

Seahawks vs Cin

I draft based on using the defense for a week or 2 thats it.

• Thanks 1

Drafted the Saints, but both Denver and Seattle are on the wire in better matchups IMO (but it's close).  Saints play Rams on the road week 2 so prob won't be rolling with them beyond week 1.  Saints a better play over Denver or Seattle?  My week 1 opponent has Balt who's gonna destroy the fish so I want to counter as best I can.

18 minutes ago, TheINC said:

Drafted the Saints, but both Denver and Seattle are on the wire in better matchups IMO (but it's close).  Saints play Rams on the road week 2 so prob won't be rolling with them beyond week 1.  Saints a better play over Denver or Seattle?  My week 1 opponent has Balt who's gonna destroy the fish so I want to counter as best I can.

Seattle is probably the safest option. Andy Dalton on the road in Seattle is a recipe for disaster.

1 hour ago, bookofalamo28 said:

Seattle is probably the safest option. Andy Dalton on the road in Seattle is a recipe for disaster.

Wondering how much of an impact Clowney will have as well.  Houston gives up a lot of sacks - or they did last year, but they just added Tunsil...

31 minutes ago, bosny said:

Torn...SEA vs Cinc or PHI vs Wash.  Any help?

Go with Seattle at home. I try to stay away from divisional games when it comes to streaming.

Love KC's defense for the first 5 weeks:

@Jax

@Oak

Bal

@Det

Ind

Bills or Cowboys?

Bills:

@NYJ

@NYG

Home vs Cincy

Cowboys:

Home vs NYG

@Wash

Home vs Cincy 

On 9/2/2019 at 4:20 AM, Mr_Baller said:

"Drafted Texans and I am looking for a week 1 option. Broncos, Lions, Bills, Browns, Hawks available. Would go with Browns or Hawks.. Any thoughts?"

I think you've narrowed it down nicely. Cleveland & Seattle both added, play at home, are really charged, going against offenses that were, whatever last year.  

8 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Bills or Cowboys?

Bills:

@NYJ

@NYG

Home vs Cincy

Cowboys:

Home vs NYG

@Wash

Home vs Cincy 

Cowboys. It comes down to the Jets matchup vs Washington matchup. I think the Jets offense will be respectable this year. Can't say that about Washington.

Well ..

Somehow Dallas, Browns, Eagles, & Hawks are all on the wire.. Im leaning towards the Browns . . Advice?

5 minutes ago, mlrush said:

Well ..

Somehow Dallas, Browns, Eagles, & Hawks are all on the wire.. Im leaning towards the Browns . . Advice?

Dallas should be a solid option for first 3 weeks

Browns solid first 2 weeks

Eagles and Hawks only week 1 from the looks of it

Don't sleep on Detroit for the first 2 weeks:

Week 1 @ARI - top-5 front-7 going against a bottom-5 o-line with a rookie QB... should be absolute chaos.  I damn near want to guarantee a defense TD in this game.

Week 2 vLAC - home opener, no Melvin and no Okung.  If Detroit shows well in week 1, I'm firing them up again.

Also really liking Seattle at home week 1 against a weak Cincinnati team traveling west.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

Don't sleep on Detroit for the first 2 weeks:

Week 1 @ARI - top-5 front-7 going against a bottom-5 o-line with a rookie QB... should be absolute chaos.  I damn near want to guarantee a defense TD in this game.

Week 2 vLAC - home opener, no Melvin and no Okung.  If Detroit shows well in week 1, I'm firing them up again.

Also really liking Seattle at home week 1 against a weak Cincinnati team traveling west.

Good call with Seattle. Not sure why i wasn't really looking at them. Do you like them over the Cowboys for week 1?

11 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Good call with Seattle. Not sure why i wasn't really looking at them. Do you like them over the Cowboys for week 1?

Dallas isn't a bad option by any means, but Seattle is for sure the better streamer IMO. 

Seattle has the better defense, better home field advantage, and Cincinnati is definitely a weaker opponent than NYG. 

Everyone seems on board with Seattle which is great BUT do you like seattle over the Chargers? No luck and at home... I also have Badgley, not that it matters but where is the love for the kickers?

I see roto has limited rankings to a subscription along with most other stats, looks like ill be on this forum a lot less than before. Good luck everyone.

Dropping Saints for Ravens is a no brainer right? I'm trying to figure out why ESPN has Saints the highest projected defense and Ravens one of the lowest.

Cowboys, Broncos, Seahawks, Browns are all available but leaning Ravens.

Edited by lenny123

4 hours ago, lenny123 said:

Dropping Saints for Ravens is a no brainer right? I'm trying to figure out why ESPN has Saints the highest projected defense and Ravens one of the lowest.

Cowboys, Broncos, Seahawks, Browns are all available but leaning Ravens.

ravens easily they get miami then az. 

Agreed.  So bummed I missed out on them.  Also, I see Chicago's D consistently being ranked #1, but I'm expecting a downgrade.  They will still be good IMO, but not the monster they were last season.  Fangio going to Denver is a big loss.

Chubb and Miller combo got me feeling good about Denver however someone just dropped Chargers. Who has the better outlook per say? 

Broncos, IMO.  Chubb and Miller are gonna get a ton of sacks.  Derwin James being out is a big loss for the Chargers, too.

I picked up Denver D based solely on Bradley Chubb. I was reading what the coaches and players were saying about him and it sounds like he’s going to take a big leap forward this year. Von and him are going to eat, causing potential turnovers and defensive scores. I drafted Chicago last year for Mack so I’m sticking to that formula.