Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

2 hours ago, FitzMagic said:

49ers. What I like is the points against is low for the 49ers, plus their takeaways. If they can contain the Rams, I think they will be a lock for me.

Are you starting this week @LAR ? I picked up San Fran D a few weeks ago, before the hype train, in both my leagues. Just worried about this matchup is all. So I’m hedging it , picked up GB to start in one. & the other my choices are TEN or TB , which do you prefer from these 2 . But on the bright side , if San Francisco performs well against the Rams , we won’t be worried about their playoff schedule. 

4 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Are you starting this week @LAR ? I picked up San Fran D a few weeks ago, before the hype train, in both my leagues. Just worried about this matchup is all. So I’m hedging it , picked up GB to start in one. & the other my choices are TEN or TB , which do you prefer from these 2 . But on the bright side , if San Francisco performs well against the Rams , we won’t be worried about their playoff schedule. 

Bad week for streamers so I am starting them. With Rams tied for first in giveaways, I am not too worried.

Do we discuss Kickers in this thread? Anyways, I have Nugent as my kicker, but I'm thinking of dropping someone from my bench like Malcolm Brown for another kicker this week. Would that be crazy?

How do people feel about CAR in London against TB?

TB missing some O-Line but London games are pretty wacky...

Other choices: DEN or LAC

4 hours ago, FrancoJavierM said:

Do we discuss Kickers in this thread? Anyways, I have Nugent as my kicker, but I'm thinking of dropping someone from my bench like Malcolm Brown for another kicker this week. Would that be crazy?

It sounds crazy to roster two kickers - but I am in the exact same situation. Have Nugent and really don’t want to drop.

I may drop solely due to the NY weather prediction tomorrow night (I can’t see myself rostering 2x kickers).

Fairbairn and Gould are on the WW - so I may roll the dice with one of them.

1 hour ago, Heizz said:

It sounds crazy to roster two kickers - but I am in the exact same situation. Have Nugent and really don’t want to drop.

I may drop solely due to the NY weather prediction tomorrow night (I can’t see myself rostering 2x kickers).

I have both. I'm keeping Nugent in the lineup this week and Brown on the bench. Been tempted several times to drop Brown but keep reminding myself that Malcolm Brown is a fringe RB1 if Gurley gets sidelined. RBs are the scarcest position. Kickers are a dime a dozen. Don't do it. Stream your kicker if you have to but don't roll the dice on losing Malcolm Brown.

As far as defenses go... I picked up the Skins against the Dolphins. Only other two options I would consider are the Broncos vs Titans (they held Philip Rivers and the Bolts to 13 points and Mariota is much worse than Rivers) or SEA vs CLE (don't trust SEA secondary all that much). Possibly Dallas vs NYJ but don't trust Dallas D all that much either. If I had to rank them it would look something like this:

- Skins

- Broncos

- Dallas

- Seattle

• Like 1

I have Bears def but need a sub for this week. I claimed the 49ers last night but some dropped Panthers. Should I Keep the 49ers?

1 hour ago, herschel said:

who do you guys like?  den vs ten or ten @ den?

Denver for sure. If it’s close I always like the home team and Tennessee is sloppier than Denver on offense. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Heizz said:

Ya I don't like rostering 2 kickers. I think I'm just going to wait until it's closer to game time and make a decision then.

4 hours ago, 4Ring said:

I have both. I'm keeping Nugent in the lineup this week and Brown on the bench. Been tempted several times to drop Brown but keep reminding myself that Malcolm Brown is a fringe RB1 if Gurley gets sidelined. RBs are the scarcest position. Kickers are a dime a dozen. Don't do it. Stream your kicker if you have to but don't roll the dice on losing Malcolm Brown.

Boy am I glad I didn't end up dropping Brown for a sub in kicker 😂 I would have been so mad at myself. 

Drop jags for Pitt? Starting GB this week. (Only have 2 dst as I dont carry a backup QB for Russ)

Since we are talking looking ahead I have a potentially under the radar D that has quite the juicy schedule on paper later in the season, da browns. Next three weeks are worthless with Seattle, BYE then New England.

But after that 

@ Denver

Buffalo

Pitt

Miami

@ Pitt

Cincy

@ Arizona

Balt 

21 hours ago, BakedGhost said:

How do people feel about CAR in London against TB?

TB missing some O-Line but London games are pretty wacky...

Other choices: DEN or LAC

I'm streaming CAR this week. I think the matchup seems fairly juicy, compared to what was left in my league anyway.

A bunch of good Ds were just dropped in my league and I'm trying to grab two to hold onto the rest of the season. Available are:

SF

New Orleans

Tennessee

Carolina

How do you guys rank them rest of season? I'm thinking 49ers for sure but I'm split on the other 3.

10 hours ago, Mr_Baller said:

Locked in: TEN DST + Mike Nugent

Heads up weather looking like 20mph winds with gusts up to 30 and rainy tonight in Foxboro

How do y'all feel about streaming WAS against the Dolphins this week?

On 10/9/2019 at 1:11 PM, RunCMC said:

there are some reasons for optimism with SF in this matchup.

Rams line has been BAD.  PF ranks them as dead last, with the 49ers D-Line as the best.

Goff's INT rate is 7th highest in the league at 3.2%.

Gurley and Cooks both might not play.

I mean they're sitll the Rams, so caveat emptor.  But might not be as bad as the branding.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

there are some reasons for optimism with SF in this matchup.

Rams line has been BAD.  PF ranks them as dead last, with the 49ers D-Line as the best.

Goff's INT rate is 7th highest in the league at 3.2%.

Gurley and Cooks both might not play.

I mean they're sitll the Rams, so caveat emptor.  But might not be as bad as the branding.

All good points, to hell with it... Ima start them in 1 league. My opponent has Gurley (looking doubtful) , Everret, & Zuerlein . Might as well put the fear of god in him & start Frisco D. It’s a strange tactic of mine I like to use every now and then. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, WFK said:

How do y'all feel about streaming WAS against the Dolphins this week?

Excitedly streaming the Skins defense. Rosen is usually good for a couple of gifts per game. Add in the garbage o-line, etc...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, goldpants77 said:

Excitedly streaming the Skins defense. Rosen is usually good for a couple of gifts per game. Add in the garbage o-line, etc...

had to go with redskins this week as my bills is on bye, hopefully it pays off.....

Picked up Skins for the week, but realizing for 1, they suck....2, Head coach gone....3, On the road with Dolphins coming off a bye...

Thinking im buying in on the 49ers!?..Goff is awful, Gurley banged up, Cooks probably out..

Crazy here??? Yes, No, Maybe so...