Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

11 hours ago, HarambeLives said:

What Rams looking like with Peters leaving and Ramsey joining ? 

Definitely better, although the offensive line is still and issue so the defense could be on the field a lot. 

You fix the line, you fix the offense, and you fix the defense. Kromer might be able to put Corbett to good use though. 

9 hours ago, mvttchew said:

Am I crazy for streaming the Jets this week against Pats? My other option is Colts against Houston, which isn’t the worst. 

I just have a gut feeling that they’ll pull off an upset. They’re fired up and have Darnold back. Patriots offense has been gettin carried by the D lately, plus when they played last time, they had a back up QB and still managed to score against the Pats offense. I could totally be wrong, but I just have a weird sense that this is the game that snaps the patriots winning streak. 

I think I’m going with them and I’ll definitely be back in this thread once the week ends, either to celebrate or write my suicide note. 😂

4 hours ago, yanksman said:

I might pick them up and start them over Tennessee because I don't have room for two defenses and their schedule is too good to ignore. Pat's oline sucks so maybe not the worst start. 

4 hours ago, Jason123 said:

I have dallas and am thinking of taking a chance in the jets this week and beyond as I also don't have room for 2 defenses 

Jets schedule going forward is THAT good.  They were already a pretty good defense that was playing above their heads from what I understand, with Luke Falk making life difficult for them.  Darnold being back obviously reinvigorates the offense and the entire team, and we've already seen evidence of that against Dallas.  Mosley who will be like the quarterback of their defense should be back soon.  If you can only hold one defense it might be worth just picking up the Jets now and not fighting waivers next week.  I imagine the Jets will be up for this game on prime time, and Brady's weapons aren't looking as scary/healthy as they were earlier in the season.  While the Jets aren't the greatest play this week they could end up at least not hurting you too much, and its probably worth the risk for probably being able to set and forget them for the next seven weeks into the first week of the fantasy playoffs against the Dolphins.

• Like 1

Jets vs NE or NYG vs AZ ? the options are absolutely grim right now. I like the Jets ROS and would most likely pair with the steelers 

1 hour ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Joey Slye worth picking up if dropped for his bye?

Definitely, if you have room.

I have SF and PITT defenses rostered. I feel pretty good about that but would you rather have the Jets or Pitt? 

As a Jets fan...I feel like I'm extremely biased in the fact that this is who the Jets are. They play 1 or 2 amazing games and then well become the Jets again...just can't shake that feeling...but can't ignore that schedule.

4 hours ago, Cardiak said:

Bump

49ers but you can’t go wrong with the Bears. The reason being NO has been pretty conservative on offense and doesn’t give up a ton of sacks/turnovers. 49ers should build a lead on Wash and force them into comeback mode. Plus, honestly, without Akeem Hicks there SF might be better on defense, or at least their line, than my Bears. 

1 hour ago, BakedGhost said:

I have SF and PITT defenses rostered. I feel pretty good about that but would you rather have the Jets or Pitt? 

As a Jets fan...I feel like I'm extremely biased in the fact that this is who the Jets are. They play 1 or 2 amazing games and then well become the Jets again...just can't shake that feeling...but can't ignore that schedule.

I mean, shouldn't we give them a chance with the current roster construction?  Darnold in year two with all these new weapons.  The defense is pretty decent on paper right?  Mosley coming back should be big too.  Between all of that and the joke of a schedule I am really high on the Jets through week 14.

1 hour ago, Dalton Gang said:

KC vs Denver

or 

Philly vs Dallas ??

KC, although they can’t stop the run right now and I’m guessing if Denver was watching the last 2 weeks they’ll follow the formula.  Run the ball.  

see; Mack/Hyde 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, herschel said:

GB vs Oak or Tenn Vs LAC?  any thoughts?

Have a feeling LAC figures out their offense this week.   Keenan Allen with 3 straight dud weeks.  

6 hours ago, BakedGhost said:

I’ve been touting the Pittsburgh defense for several weeks now and their great rest of season schedule aside from two consecutive games with Colts and Rams. Jets have to play Pats and Jags next. 

A schedule doesn’t matter much if the defense doesn’t have much talent. Steelers have 20 sacks and 15 turnovers. Jets have 7 sacks and 8 turnovers. I’m going to side with the Steelers on that alone. 

Rolling with McManus on TNF vs KC.  Denver seems to be playing a lot better recently and expect there to be a lot of chances for FGs.  Anyone else?  Other options are Maher, Bryant, Nugent, Elliott.

4 hours ago, TheINC said:

Rolling with McManus on TNF vs KC.  Denver seems to be playing a lot better recently and expect there to be a lot of chances for FGs.  Anyone else?  Other options are Maher, Bryant, Nugent, Elliott.

Zane Gonzalez available? Seems inevitable he has less than 10 with a likely more

I do like McManus a tad over Maher this week

Ugh got greedy trying to get the jets for free and someone else got them 

1 hour ago, vthokie3 said:

Ugh got greedy trying to get the jets for free and someone else got them 

You waited too long my man! See if the Saints or Packers are available. 

52 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

You waited too long my man! See if the Saints or Packers are available. 

Saints got claimed too. Rolling with the Jags this week but the saints guy dropped the packers so we'll see. I'd have to cut Slye though to pick up GB

12 hours ago, CooL said:

I’ve been touting the Pittsburgh defense for several weeks now and their great rest of season schedule aside from two consecutive games with Colts and Rams. Jets have to play Pats and Jags next. 

A schedule doesn’t matter much if the defense doesn’t have much talent. Steelers have 20 sacks and 15 turnovers. Jets have 7 sacks and 8 turnovers. I’m going to side with the Steelers on that alone. 

Good points. I had the Jets DST locked and loaded for next week and beyond, but looking at the Steelers schedule, it looks very nice. Didn’t they lose someone/some big players recently though?

Can anyone else comment on the talent of Pitt vs the talent of the Jets?

I've got Minnesota's defense playing against Detroit, this week.  Jacksonville is playing Cincinnati, however, and they're available on waivers.  Which do I go with?

6 hours ago, CharlesHustle said:

Zane Gonzalez available? Seems inevitable he has less than 10 with a likely more

I do like McManus a tad over Maher this week

Zane was added a few weeks ago. Those are the best options in my league. Some people are holding 2 kickers right now too. McManus seems to have come on recently and can make a few 50 yarders too. 

47 minutes ago, nromn said:

Good points. I had the Jets DST locked and loaded for next week and beyond, but looking at the Steelers schedule, it looks very nice. Didn’t they lose someone/some big players recently though?

Can anyone else comment on the talent of Pitt vs the talent of the Jets?

The Steelers just lost Tuitt which will hurt their run D quite a bit.

Talent wise (if performing at full capabilities) I would have to call it just about even if not in favor of the Jets ever so slightly. 

• Thanks 1

If you have the space for two defenses, you got to love the NYJ/PIT stack ROS:

8: MIA

9: MIA

10: NYG

11: WAS/CLE

12: OAK/CIN

13: CIN/CLE

14: MIA/ARI

15: BUF

16: PIT/NYJ

I’m rostering the Jets this week despite the bad matchup, to feast on this the rest of the season. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Yeah I decided to start the Jets this week. I see them ranked either last or second last on most sites and I just don't get it. NE offensive line is offensive. They have struggled vs several defenses. They are middle of the pack vs opposing defenses. Even the Giants scored a TD vs them and held them in check for a half. CJ Mosely coming back, Jets at home, Darnold looking good. Wouldn't shock me to see the Jets win this game.