Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

5 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Just picked up NYJ defense. Looking at their schedule after NE has me like:

giphy.gif

6hcbSj8.gif

2 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

GB or Jax this week?

I have the same issue but I think it’s tough to not go with Green Bay at home with no Tyrell for the Raiders.

2 minutes ago, shakennbakee said:

I have the same issue but I think it’s tough to not go with Green Bay at home with no Tyrell for the Raiders.

True although I feel like Carr doesn't turn it over as much as Dalton. Bengals let Andy throw 50/50s all afternoon lol

9 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Pitt will be gone after waivers this week I’m positive, they have the phins next week. You are correct I could drop buffalo but they are in the dream matchup of miami this weekend.

I feel like niners have the most talent the schedule just isn’t easy like Pitt and buffalo 

I don't particularly love the schedule for the 49ers, but the defense speaks for itself and I am riding them all the way. They are a hold at this point. 90+% owned now in Yahoo. I prefer a team that gets takeaways and then maybe they can hold points against the better opponents.

I have Buffalo and 49ers DST, I am thinking about starting the 49ers over the Bills with Fitz at QB....He might have a game against his old team.

Edited by iretirefromfantasy
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

I have Buffalo and 49ers DST, I am thinking about starting the 49ers over the Bills with Fitz at QB....He might have a game against his old team.

For me Fitz increases the chances that dolphins can score, but I think his aggressiveness also increases the interception and defensive td possibility. 

Both are great choices but I'm still very happy with Bills this week. 

Should I go with Saints D against Chicago or Vikings D against Lions?  I like the Saints D but I'm worried the offense will be hard pressed to move the ball without Kamara and leave the Saints D in bad situtations.  

Saints d would be an easy start if no trubi sky 

i also like seattle tomorrow at home, I predict they will be giving Lamar a hard time to,orrow

What's everyone's thoughts on panthers defense ros?  They have their bye out of the way, they've been putting up some good points this season.

coming off the bye, they do have 49ers first week back after bye

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

What's everyone's thoughts on panthers defense ros?  They have their bye out of the way, they've been putting up some good points this season.

They're interesting for sure. I think you could do a lot worse. If available and you're struggling they're worth picking up. 

10 hours ago, rocket said:

Should I go with Saints D against Chicago or Vikings D against Lions?  I like the Saints D but I'm worried the offense will be hard pressed to move the ball without Kamara and leave the Saints D in bad situtations.  

Saints. Vikings not as good on the road. Bears/saints has a minuscule point total and whoever we start at QB (Bears) they’re good for 3 sacks and 2 TOs most games. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

They’re a talented defense but unfortunately they’ve already played Jameis twice, I only see 2 games I would say are good matchups ROS (TEN week 9 and WAS week 13)

2 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

They’re a talented defense but unfortunately they’ve already played Jameis twice, I only see 2 games I would say are good matchups ROS (TEN week 9 and WAS week 13)

I understand that the Panthers don't have as good a schedule as the Jets, but at the same time it seems like the Panther's D is one of the best in the NFL. How would you guys compare Panthers vs Jets rest of the year? If you can have one which one would you rather have?

40 minutes ago, Kobe_No_Means_No said:

I understand that the Panthers don't have as good a schedule as the Jets, but at the same time it seems like the Panther's D is one of the best in the NFL. How would you guys compare Panthers vs Jets rest of the year? If you can have one which one would you rather have?

I care more about who my defense plays way more than their overall talent level and the Jets take that category without debate.

Talent wise I would say:

D-lines- equal provides the jets keep Williams

Linebackers- panthers because of overall depth but they both have all pros here

Corners- Panthers pretty easily

Safeties - Jets pretty easily

I would say Panthers are slightly more talented but who cares about talent when you get to play the Dolphins twice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

Tennessee or Detroit this week?

Tenn.  Chargers are missing their multiple players on offensive line -- they have been giving up a lot of sacks on Rivers and can't run the ball.  That and MGIII's return has disrupted their flow.  Detroit's Defense weakness is stopping the run.  Oh uh for them, Dalvin Cook and Mattison are coming to town.

• Like 2

On 10/18/2019 at 12:52 PM, iretirefromfantasy said:

Agreed , 49ers D will Feast !

12 hours ago, Ddam2013 said:

I care more about who my defense plays way more than their overall talent level and the Jets take that category without debate.

Talent wise I would say:

D-lines- equal provides the jets keep Williams

Linebackers- panthers because of overall depth but they both have all pros here

Corners- Panthers pretty easily

Safeties - Jets pretty easily

I would say Panthers are slightly more talented but who cares about talent when you get to play the Dolphins twice.

I am sitting in same spot.  Should I drop Panthers DST (playing well) for Jets who have a much easier schedule?  

15 minutes ago, bosny said:

I am sitting in same spot.  Should I drop Panthers DST (playing well) for Jets who have a much easier schedule?  

Made a similar decision this week. Dropped GB for the Jets. I don’t like starting the Jets this week, but ROS is too good to miss. 

Edited by RandyShackleford

Slye is still on the WW but CAR has a tough matchup with SF next week. Thinking about picking him up for next week, though I’d have to drop PIT dst (running SF dst and PIT dst).

Is Slye the real deal?

4 hours ago, Heizz said:

Slye is still on the WW but CAR has a tough matchup with SF next week. Thinking about picking him up for next week, though I’d have to drop PIT dst (running SF dst and PIT dst).

Is Slye the real deal?

He is, imo, but I don’t know if I’d risk someone aka my opponent getting Pitt D for it. I rage dropped Aaron Rodgers for Pitt D after I didn’t get SF on waivers because my friend dropped a dime on em and as much as I had to laugh at Rodgers going off I am stoooked to have Pitt next week. 

Week 8.....Pitt (vs Miami) or SF (vs Carolina) defense?

I've gotten stuck holding them both and while I hate holding 2 defenses, just couldn't drop Pitt knowing Miami was up in Week 8.

Thinking Pitt has the slightly better matchup and Carolina really hasn't been allowing many fantasy points to defenses when they just run or throw quick dump offs to CMC every play.

Edited by tts42572

48 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Week 8.....Pitt (vs Miami) or SF (vs Carolina) defense?

I've gotten stuck holding them both and while I hate holding 2 defenses, just couldn't drop Pitt knowing Miami was up in Week 8.

Thinking Pitt has the slightly better matchup and Carolina really hasn't been allowing many fantasy points to defenses when they just run or throw quick dump offs to CMC every play.

i have both dst’s as well and HATE holding two dst’s....

I’m leaning on SF, and have been trying to trade Pitt Dst to teams but getting no bites. I don’t think I can continue holding - so I’m gunna roll SF. I think both will be great options.

Edited by Heizz