Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

I've been struggling all day with this but I felt pretty confident about the Steelers D yesterday. There were signs in my gut and signs in general (road dog on TNF, short week, improving offense) but I ignored them and basically saw that the Steelers were lights out. Didn't truly think Rudolph would be as disasterous as he was.

What I'm saying is was there somethign else to look for? I'm trying to learn from my process and I'm struggling with this one 

13 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

I've been struggling all day with this but I felt pretty confident about the Steelers D yesterday. There were signs in my gut and signs in general (road dog on TNF, short week, improving offense) but I ignored them and basically saw that the Steelers were lights out. Didn't truly think Rudolph would be as disasterous as he was.

What I'm saying is was there somethign else to look for? I'm trying to learn from my process and I'm struggling with this one 

Yea it’s tough. I had the same hopes but also the same concerns. It depends on league scoring settings, but in most leagues those counting stats (sacks and interceptions) are what’s most important. So while I thought a game like Thursday was possible, I still expected around 3 sacks and at least 1 turnover. That would have turned a 3 point game (in my league) into a 7 point game.

Only 1 sack and no turnovers was killer and completely out of the ordinary from what we’ve seen from this Steelers defense. The question is, what does it look like going forward? I’m rolling them out next week vs the Bengals and then will re-evaluate. 

I dropped the 49ers for the Steelers before Thursday because the 49ers rest of season schedule is brutal and the Steelers’ is nice. Could definitely live to regret it, but we’ll see how it goes. 

Edited by gufomel

5 hours ago, gufomel said:

Yea it’s tough. I had the same hopes but also the same concerns. It depends on league scoring settings, but in most leagues those counting stats (sacks and interceptions) are what’s most important. So while I thought a game like Thursday was possible, I still expected around 3 sacks and at least 1 turnover. That would have turned a 3 point game (in my league) into a 7 point game.

Only 1 sack and no turnovers was killer and completely out of the ordinary from what we’ve seen from this Steelers defense. The question is, what does it look like going forward? I’m rolling them out next week vs the Bengals and then will re-evaluate. 

I dropped the 49ers for the Steelers before Thursday because the 49ers rest of season schedule is brutal and the Steelers’ is nice. Could definitely live to regret it, but we’ll see how it goes. 

I wouldn't worry too much about Pitt. It was a trap game and basically everything that could have went wrong, did. They're a strong start in every game coming up except for @Arizona week 14. The issue of the futile offense leaving the D on the field too often could be a concern against every team not named Cinci or Jets though 😕

17 hours ago, Mr_Baller said:

Saints are dropped in my league.

So..

Saints vs. Tampa or

Cowboys vs. Lions?

DAL. With Lattimore probably out or limited & if NO doesnt get a pass rush, TB may have a better opportunity to throw. GL!

Should I roll with SF D or pick up Ravens D ROS?  Ravens playoff schedule looks good...

On 11/10/2019 at 8:21 PM, Ddam2013 said:

2 weeks in and the Jets experiment is going extremely well so far, they may suck but that doesn’t matter when the teams they play suck just as much. Onto the redskins.

3/3 and I have now pivoted to an all New York stack:

13: NYJ @ CIN

14: NYJ VS MIA

15: NYG @ MIA

16 NYG VS WAS

I have a semi tough decision this week between NYJ VS OAK and NYG @ CHI though.

Edited by Ddam2013

Quick look ahead to first playoff week (week 14 for most I imagine). Would you start: 

Green Bay v Washington

OR
Philly v NYG

I’m leaning GB. 

4 minutes ago, jadakid said:

Quick look ahead to first playoff week (week 14 for most I imagine). Would you start: 

Green Bay v Washington

OR
Philly v NYG

I’m leaning GB. 

I have the same question.  Looking for a D to pair with Pittsburgh ROS and trying to decided between Philly and GB.

Edited by esprits4s

11 minutes ago, esprits4s said:

I have the same question.  Looking for a D to pair with Pittsburgh ROS and trying to decided between Philly and GB.

Both have decent weeks 13-15, but both have iffy weeks 12 and 16  I think I like GB more though  

Philly week 12 v SEA, week 16 v DAL

GB week 12 @SF, week 16 @MIN

• Like 1

I have the Vikings who have been ok nothing special but decent. They're on bye this week and thinking of going after Titans if I can grab them. Is it worth picking up Titans for remainder of the season or drop a player, keep Vikings and pick up Titans?

Pickup the Lions Defense this week against the Deadskins? Not feeling good about the Rams at all this week against Bmore

19 hours ago, jadakid said:

Both have decent weeks 13-15, but both have iffy weeks 12 and 16  I think I like GB more though  

Philly week 12 v SEA, week 16 v DAL

GB week 12 @SF, week 16 @MIN

I'm wondering the same. Have Saints right now who have decent/ok weeks 12/16. Turnover heavy settings in my league so not sure between Philly and GB. GB seems to have the better secondary so more possible picks

Is 49ers D now worth dropping? They got a string of tough opponents that can score on them going forward into the critical playoff time

39 minutes ago, Dead Money said:

Is 49ers D now worth dropping? They got a string of tough opponents that can score on them going forward into the critical playoff time

Have seen this asked a few times and I'm debating the same thing lol.

In one league I have Pitt and SF.  I may drop them there as I think the only week I'd really start them is Week 15 and I'd probably play Pitt at home against the Bills anyways.  While it pains me, I may move on as they just are not good starts against GB, Bal and NO.

In my other league though, the pickings are very slim for defenses and I don't have another rostered.  I'd have to go with the Giants or Texans as about the only real options in that league.  I may just ride the 49ers there and live with it.

Think it really depends on your roster and what defenses you can pick up.  i'm proceeding with caution though as I've been burned many times by trying to stream bad defenses with good matchups.  Seems like often those bad offenses play much better against those bad defenses and just make me regret my move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have the Bears and Cleveland D right now. Both have good matchups this week, but I may have to dump one of them so I can grab a kicker. Is it time to drop the Bears given their rough playoff schedule? Cleveland may not be the answer for the playoffs but they do have Miami, Pittsburgh and Cincinnati over the next 3 weeks. Bears are hard to drop for me for some reason even though they have disappointed all year, but is it time now? Can't see them performing well vs. Dal, KC and GB in playoffs. 

What are people thinking about the Rams longterm? I've been using them regularly for the past 4-5 weeks and they've been pretty awesome overall. Have some studs on the Defensive side, always a threat for sacks and big plays... but the schedule is rough: 

Baltimore, Arizona, Seattle, Dallas, SF 

I'm fortunate enough to have clinched a playoff spot. I don't like rostering 2, but someone like Philadelphia and their cake schedule (MIA, NYG, WAS coming up) might be better. 

6 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Falcons this week,anyone???

Winston is usually good for 5 picks

The way the Falcons have been playing, I think this is a good move. Besides, as you said, Bucks cough up points to opposing defenses. Even if Jameis happens to not throw a pick (HIGHLY unlikely), Falcons D is much improved and should contain the total scoring by the Bucks. Plus it's a home game for the Falcons.

Here's a fun fact: Falcons have played 8 quarters w/o surrendering a TD. 4 were against Brees.

Now how many of you think Jameis can do better than Brees did?

Edited by 4Ring

6 hours ago, Sean Tambo said:

Falcons this week,anyone???

Winston is usually good for 5 picks

The way they've played the past two weeks, absolutely. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

The way they've played the past two weeks, absolutely. 

They've recorded 11 sacks over the last 2 games. They've had 7 all year. Something is clicking in that Defense and I want some of it.

• Like 2