Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

Is GB defense legit this season or was that a case of the Bears O not clicking + first game of the season rust? I'd really like to not have to stream weekly and GB seems to be the only defense on my waiver that might look like a ROS option. 

6 hours ago, theantishere said:

Is GB defense legit this season or was that a case of the Bears O not clicking + first game of the season rust? I'd really like to not have to stream weekly and GB seems to be the only defense on my waiver that might look like a ROS option. 

I would say its a combination of both. Trubisky seemed to only look at one side of the field on some plays (I mean staring down for 2-3 seconds) which led to broken passes/picks. Also that offensive scheme was pretty rough. That being said, the versatility GB had in pass rush while handling 3 RB was impressive. I would caution though against GB cornerbacks... Tramon Williams had some pretty out there PIs and they were getting lit up by Allen Robinson. Imagine it being a better WR1... My 2cents.

22 hours ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

So I picked up the Cowboys because of the good matchup, then picked up Seattle because they probably have a better matchup. Don't really want to carry 2 defenses so do I drop the Cowboys saturday night (that way no one can pick them up until after week 1 games) and grab a potential breakout guy...guys that interest me...

1. Darren Waller
2. Miles Boykin
3. Mecole Hardman
4. Damien Harris
5. Chase Edmonds 
6. Noah Fant 

Who's your TE? That makes a difference. Based off what I know, it would be Dam Harris or Edmonds (first choice). He may have some stand alone value if Arz O operates as fast as they say.

Grabbed Dallas for their 3 game slate, but now with yet another Titan offensive lineman out is it time to pivot to Cleveland?

6 hours ago, tim14125 said:

Anyone else looking for a new kicker with Badgley hurt?

Bryant for Atl 13 dome games, explosive offense.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tim14125 said:

Anyone else looking for a new kicker with Badgley hurt?

Yeah. Elliott, Bryant, Bailey available.

18 hours ago, Mr_Baller said:

Yeah. Elliott, Bryant, Bailey available.

Grab Elliott IMO. Underrated kicker on great offense. Bailey was shaky last year and Bryant was cut for a reason initially

With all this love for Denver defense, are they a better start/team to have going forward than Baltimore? 

Also why no no love for Boswell? I know he had a down year but this should still be a good offense. 

Edited by Jcw102686

Browns against Titans

Or Eagles against Redskins?

Leaning Eagles but the Titans QB+offense is truly horrendous

12 hours ago, mocha4313 said:

Grab Elliott IMO. Underrated kicker on great offense. Bailey was shaky last year and Bryant was cut for a reason initially

Bryant was cut due to injury he made 95% of his fgs last year.

2 hours ago, TheINC said:

Buffalo @ NYG or Carolina vs TB on TNF?

Panthers at Home vs. TB sounds good.

There's 3 defenses on the wire right now that I like for week 2...

Texans vs Jags 
Panthers vs Bucs
Titans vs Colts 

Might be the Titans for me. 

For all you folks that stream who are your targets for this week and weeks to come?

I'm looking at Carolinda v. TB or Buffalo @ NYG.

Probably leaning Carolina since they get Arizona the following week.

Thoughts?

What hell happened with Denver D yesterday. Can we even trust them at home against CHI ?

Whats the top play for week 2... I leaning towards the Pats 

NE @ MIA 

BUF @ NYG 

HOU vs JAX

5 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

What hell happened with Denver D yesterday. Can we even trust them at home against CHI ?

NE @ MIA 

BUF @ NYG 

HOU vs JAX

I'll throw the Titans defense in there. At home versus the Colts. 

Any advice on waivering a Defense this week. The Eagles almost made me lose last week, I'm thinking of picking up the Ravens D/ST against Arizona, but I know Murray can put some numbers in that system. Any other thoughts? Most good D/STs are rostered in my league already. 

14 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

NE @ MIA 

BUF @ NYG 

HOU vs JAX

I'm picking up NE and then Titans as a backup. If I land NE, I think I may just let them ride it out for the season. Jets 2x, dolphins 2x, bills 2x and ros looks pretty decent as well.

Colts have a top offensive line. That has all the makings of a grind it out, low scoring running day for both teams. I like TEN defense overall though.

Im sticking with the Browns one more week despite the egg they laid at home vs TEN. Too many good defensive players to just drop them. If they lay another egg vs the Jets Im dropping them.

14 minutes ago, spd2base said:

Any advice on waivering a Defense this week. The Eagles almost made me lose last week, I'm thinking of picking up the Ravens D/ST against Arizona, but I know Murray can put some numbers in that system. Any other thoughts? Most good D/STs are rostered in my league already

This is an AC Forum question (there is a DST thread there), but I find the last statement hard to believe if the Ravens aren’t already owned.

• Like 1

How are we liking Baltimore vs. Arizona? I have them already but am tempted to pick up NE vs. MIA.

Edited by Nate1213