Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

Panthers at home is my main target this week agains TB. 

Any love for San Fran defense here? They seem to have a pretty good line with the additions of Ford and Bosa. Cinci and Pitt (who didn’t look good). And even Cleveland off the bye. 

30 minutes ago, Jcw102686 said:

Any love for San Fran defense here? They seem to have a pretty good line with the additions of Ford and Bosa. Cinci and Pitt (who didn’t look good). And even Cleveland off the bye. 

I'm thinking about them. They actually have an amazing core on paper and in the 1st game of the season it came to light. Bosa, Ford, Bucker, and Armstead is an amazing front. And Solomon Thomas if he ever comes around. Fred Warner is a young stud LB and they have Sherman playing like an All-Pro on the back-end.

I'm hesitant mainly because of the concerns with the offense. Jimmy G has looked shaky. Kittle looks amazing though.

6 hours ago, spd2base said:

I like the match up and the game being on TNF, which are typically low-scoring. Although the last time I bet on a low-scoring TNF game for D/ST was last season and I remember watching my defense put up 0 or negative points. I forget which game it was, but I felt like an idiot. Bucs looked lost last week. Does that continue?

10 hours ago, LeeVanCleef said:

I'm picking up NE and then Titans as a backup. If I land NE, I think I may just let them ride it out for the season. Jets 2x, dolphins 2x, bills 2x and ros looks pretty decent as well.

I like it, smart strategy . In my other league I'm torn on who to pickup between these 2.  Do you like BUF @ NYG or TEN at home vs Colts  ? Been going back and forth on this driving me nuts lol . 

I'm also tentatively targeting NE because of the juicy match up. Carolina definitely remains intriguing though. I'm not sure how much of Tenn was the Browns being the Browns. And the Colts looked decent on offense.

1 hour ago, RunCMC said:

I like it, smart strategy . In my other league I'm torn on who to pickup between these 2.  Do you like BUF @ NYG or TEN at home vs Colts  ? Been going back and forth on this driving me nuts lol . 

Yeah, this one is a little tough. Buffalo could be facing Jones during some point of the game and it could be a low scoring game but Dallas only got like 6pts against the giants. TEN D seems to be a lot more aggressive so there potential for points here and Colts on the road again but they can score so there is a concern there. If I had to choose, I'm leaning TEN D.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, spd2base said:

This. Should be a low scoring $#!t show.

I drafted DAL for weeks 1-3. Had a spare roster spot and picked up HOU before MNF. I usually go with the home DST when in doubt. HOU at home facing a 6th round rookie QB is really juicy on paper. DAL is on the road and WAS offense actually looked better than expected.

I hate rostering 2 DST though. So many great RB/WR flyers available early in the season. So do I drop the Texans and roll with DAL @WAS, or do I keep both and start HOU vs JAX? Dropping DAL isn't an option because they play MIA next week.

I have to be honest, I'm not sure why everyone loves Houston. JJ is a shell of himself and they got rid of Clowney. The matchup seems good on paper but I just don't think they are a very good defense at all. 

Im wondering if we are all sleeping on TEN. 

• Like 1

Claimed Carolina off Waivers and no one claimed the Titans, so I picked them up....Now I'm not sure which one to play...

Carolina vs Tampa
Tennessee vs Indy 

Ad I think I need to drop one because someone just dropped Mattison, and as the Dalvin owner this makes me very happy. 

55 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

Claimed Carolina off Waivers and no one claimed the Titans, so I picked them up....Now I'm not sure which one to play...

Carolina vs Tampa
Tennessee vs Indy 

Ad I think I need to drop one because someone just dropped Mattison, and as the Dalvin owner this makes me very happy. 

just start Carolina and drop the Titans. Indy looked pretty solid vs LAC and you know Jameis will turn it over

• Like 1

Not to be a contrarian...but more times than not...when everyone is on a play like Carolina D, it ends up going the other way. Might be over analyzing, but it’s fantasy football. Over-analyzing is a prerequisite lol. 

On that note...I’m dropping Philly D for SF. I don’t believe the Bengals are that good. And I think SF has an underrated D. 

Thoughts?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, elaw77 said:

Not to be a contrarian...but more times than not...when everyone is on a play like Carolina D, it ends up going the other way. Might be over analyzing, but it’s fantasy football. Over-analyzing is a prerequisite lol. 

On that note...I’m dropping Philly D for SF. I don’t believe the Bengals are that good. And I think SF has an underrated D. 

Thoughts?

Man, I need the same help sort of. I dropped Cleveland for Dallas but I am tempted to drop Dallas now for the 9ers...

19 minutes ago, elaw77 said:

Thoughts?

I totally agree.. I dropped Houston for Tenn then dropped Titans for SF lol, I’m all over the place. Ive been burned a few times by Carolina D last year. 

11 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

I totally agree.. I dropped Houston for Tenn then dropped Titans for SF lol, I’m all over the place. Ive been burned a few times by Carolina D last year. 

Are you sticking with SF? I dropped Cleveland for Dallas but think I want SF now.

I have been burned by the Panthers myself but I know they have a pretty easy upcoming schedule. I have to decide between them and the Titans, Browns, 49ers, Vikings.

Anyone else believe in the Titans this season?

• Haha 1

Picked up CLE and SEA for Week 1(replacing HOU and JAX, respectively). It worked out, as both D's I benched got -4 in our settings. But, I'd prefer to not carry 2 D's, so my questions are: Should I wait to see if CLE and SEA are worth another shot against NYJ and PIT, both on the road? Or should I roll with the D's I drafted (who play each other this week in HOU). Or some combo of the two?

23 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Are you sticking with SF? I dropped Cleveland for Dallas but think I want SF now.

You bet , not expecting what they did in week 1 . But a solid outing is viable , hopefully they score somewhere in teens and I’ll be content

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

You bet , not expecting what they did in week 1 . But a solid outing is viable , hopefully they score somewhere in teens and I’ll be content

Over Dallas? Didnt have a good week 1 but they play the Redskins this week.

1 hour ago, elaw77 said:

Thoughts?

Man I totally agree. I've picked a "sexy" TNF defense before bc everyone was screaming about it only to be burned. That said, I'm sticking with Carolina bc both teams are 0-1, and I think Carolina is a better team overall and will get their first win this week. 

I also rostered Philly's D/ST in every league last week bc of the matchup. Even had a shot at Baltimore's D/ST but stuck with Philly and got burned. So, ya know, my advice helps no one 😂

10 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Also if mixon is out that is one more big time play maker gone and they already have line issues. So I picked 49ers over titans and carolina. Tampa Bay is still dangerous.