Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

Just now, nmartinez12443 said:

Also if mixon is out that is one more big time play maker gone and they already have line issues. So I picked 49ers over titans and carolina. Tampa Bay is still dangerous. 

Not to be a negative nancy, But the fantasy footballers (#1 FFB podcast) is totally contrarian on this notion. 

Stream of the Week

Cincinnati Bengals vs SF
The Bengals had four sacks and only gave up 21 points to Russell Wilson and the Seahawks in Week 1. The 49ers offense looked mediocre at best and will be without Tevin Coleman. Cincinnati is at home this time around and should find the going much easier against a team that gave up a top-10 performance to the Buccaneers last week. The Bengals are owned in fewer than 1% of leagues. (Yes, that says 1%)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Over Dallas? Didnt have a good week 1 but they play the Redskins this week.

Honesty tough call both are good plays, in my league I don’t have that option. Dallas is a great defense, but I feel like they play conservative most times. Which is good for low scoring games, but not so much for ints, sacks, fumbles...etc

Bills @ NY Giants

or

Broncos vs. Bears

I'd like to take the Broncos @ home against what looked like an inept Bears offense last week. But the Broncos put up an absolute dud in Week 1. Bills have a great real-life defense, that doesn't always translate well to fantasy points. But any matchup vs. Eli is a good thing, and they may be without Sterling Shep in addition to the suspended Tate.

24 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Honesty tough call both are good plays, in my league I don’t have that option. Dallas is a great defense, but I feel like they play conservative most times. Which is good for low scoring games, but not so much for ints, sacks, fumbles...etc

Completely agree with this. I didn't want to put anyone's decision down since I posted late, but Dallas is a contain defense. They're not the type of defense that'll get you tons of turnover stats. They rotate fresh bodies, hit hard and fast and give no breathing room trying to hold a 3 and out.

Still a solid play for the first 3 weeks and if they get on a roll , anything you get extra will be great plus, but just temper expectations. Don't be expecting top stats, just average or above average defense type stats. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

Bills @ NY Giants

or

Broncos vs. Bears

I'd like to take the Broncos @ home against what looked like an inept Bears offense last week. But the Broncos put up an absolute dud in Week 1. Bills have a great real-life defense, that doesn't always translate well to fantasy points. But any matchup vs. Eli is a good thing, and they may be without Sterling Shep in addition to the suspended Tate.

If these were my choices, I definitely would go with the Bills. I feel like even if the Bills don't win, there's sure to be a lot of turnovers from both offenses to warrant some good defensive stats. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Are you sticking with SF? I dropped Cleveland for Dallas but think I want SF now.

8 hours ago, purpdrankplaya said:

I have been burned by the Panthers myself but I know they have a pretty easy upcoming schedule. I have to decide between them and the Titans, Browns, 49ers, Vikings.

Anyone else believe in the Titans this season?

I double backed yet again dropped 49ers and picked up Titans once more. Ahhh when will it stop, I was mulling it over today. And I'm not sure how much of the week 1 performance from SF was their actual defense or it was Winston playing like complete booty and turning it over. I mean you take away those 2 pick sixes and it's not that stellar of a performance. Regardless I feel like both SF and TEN are solid plays, you can't go wrong either way. 

Titans and 49ers are also still on the wire on my league. Should I replace my Cowboys with one of them? 

No one likes Houston this week vs that rookie QB for Jax on the road in his first start?

Edited by RoseLin23

1 hour ago, RoseLin23 said:

No one likes Houston this week vs that rookie QB for Jax on the road in his first start?

Houston was drafted in most leagues.

If anyone dropped CLE D/ST in your league, I'd advise picking them up. They got Trevor Siemian on MNF.

5 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

If anyone dropped CLE D/ST in your league, I'd advise picking them up. They got Trevor Siemian on MNF.

Lol just saw this....go figure I drop them to pick up Houston and now I see this. SMH....

So Cleveland over Houston? Dropped Houston for them but can pick back if needed. Luke Falk will be the QB for the Jets.

8 minutes ago, CKM said:

So Cleveland over Houston? Dropped Houston for them but can pick back if needed. Luke Falk will be the QB for the Jets.

Negative, Falk is the backup to Siemian. How can you add Houston back? Don't they have to clear waivers first?

Edited by RoseLin23

36 minutes ago, FlashGordon401 said:

Woo glad i read this , Got Cleveland..

Also Houston is on the wire.. thoughts??

Edited by mlrush

9 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Negative, Falk is the backup to Siemian. How can you add Houston back? Don't they have to clear waivers first?

Ah, i read the notification wrong. either way i can prob add them back after they clear.

Oh man, Cleveland is looking like an even better play for me this week lol I was already going to roll them out, I'll take it. Thank you Sam Darnold.

I've been wrong a million times before, I just don't have a good feeling about the Panthers defense. Part of it is probably because they play tonight and if they get me like 3 points it'll put me in a real crappy mood for 3 days lol...kind of want to drop them for either the Titans or 49ers. 

3 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Titans and 49ers are also still on the wire on my league. Should I replace my Cowboys with one of them? 

Nobody an opinion on this?

On 9/11/2019 at 7:25 AM, yanksman said:

I have to be honest, I'm not sure why everyone loves Houston. JJ is a shell of himself and they got rid of Clowney. The matchup seems good on paper but I just don't think they are a very good defense at all. 

Im wondering if we are all sleeping on TEN. 

Agree on Houston. Also not sure if I trust Cleveland after last week. Tried to grab the Patriots but I'm settling for the Bills this week (over the Panthers and Browns, which are both available). 

41 minutes ago, KB24MVP said:

Nobody an opinion on this?

Titans look good. more like a floor play this week. I'm chasing ceiling. 49ers also safe.

41 minutes ago, Cord said:

Agree on Houston. Also not sure if I trust Cleveland after last week. Tried to grab the Patriots but I'm settling for the Bills this week (over the Panthers and Browns, which are both available). 

MNF and cleveland was top-5 in pressure rate. They won't give up 15 penalties again this season. Trevor siemian plus a banged up leveon bell? And no Mosley on defensive side to stop drives? This wreaks of a huge Chubb and browns defense game. Last week didn't work out but I'm expecting an over correction this week.

4 hours ago, RoseLin23 said:

Gardner Minshew ! the stache will protect him .