Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

Chicago D, and even they are underperforming compared to last year. Those two D's are easy drops for me. But I've always been a streamer , and that will never change. I never understood how folks just continue on with one defense for the whole year, even top defenses .  Doing that you get some good weeks, some great weeks, some bad weeks, some very bad weeks, it's just all over the place. I rather pick my matchups and stream, and most often times than not I do hit on whoever I pickup. And yeah sometimes the top stream of the week , just crap the bed. For instance Carolina D last week against Tampa Bay, everyone was hyping them up. I for instance faded them, and it worked to my benefit. You need to go with your gut along with whatever research you did on said defense for that week. And there's such a big variance on how defenses perform year to year, it's been well documented. The Jags from 2017 , even Chicago falls under that from 2018 to now. I'm talking more fantasy wise mind you, but even irl . 

Thanks for the input. Right now, I'm debating between dropping Ross III or my Baltimore DST. My current WRs are D. Adams, Juju, Moore and Kirk.

I guess my question is, in my situation would you still drop Baltimore even with that much depth at WR?

1 minute ago, Jin said:

Thanks for the input. Right now, I'm debating between dropping Ross III or my Baltimore DST. My current WRs are D. Adams, Juju, Moore and Kirk.

I guess my question is, in my situation would you still drop Baltimore even with that much depth at WR?

No question drop Baltimore D , especially with KC matchup this week.

• Thanks 1

Best options left in my league are SEA vs NO and TB vs NYG. Which do y'all prefer? I grabbed the Seahawks but am considering switching them out. 

dropping cleveland dst, awful schedule next 3 weeks. Jax, Buffalo or SF dst to stream?

Sorry for asking here. I cant't create a new topic.

10People 0.5PPR League

I need an advise for picking up a defense.
I own the jaguars and bills. Bills I want to start this week. The Ravens are currently free agents.

Should i add the ravens and start the jags instead the bills this week? I think otherwise the ravens are gone,

Thank you

1 hour ago, cardspro said:

Sorry for asking here. I cant't create a new topic.

10People 0.5PPR League

I need an advise for picking up a defense.
I own the jaguars and bills. Bills I want to start this week. The Ravens are currently free agents.

Should i add the ravens and start the jags instead the bills this week? I think otherwise the ravens are gone,

Thank you

I’d drop the Jags and grab the Ravens, then start the Bills this week. Jags are pretty meh to me and would rather have Baltimore and Bills.

For those that have BAL and super short benches, what’re y’all doing with them this week? Starting and hoping for the best? I have the Bills floating around out there but don’t really want to drop BAL to stream for one week.

Can [GB] be a top defense this year? Thinking about dropping Baltimore for them

Edited by tonycpsu
Post moved.

1 minute ago, Skip23 said:

Can this be a top defense this year? Thinking about dropping Baltimore for them

Not sure I'd go that far but I just picked them up for their juicy matchup at home vs Flaaaaaaaco.

9 minutes ago, Skip23 said:

Can this be a top defense this year? Thinking about dropping Baltimore for them

I dropped them to pick up GB

7 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Not sure I'd go that far but I just picked them up for their juicy matchup at home vs Flaaaaaaaco.

Same here - Full stream ahead! 

Edited by FrancoJavierM
edit

Grabbed the Chargers...this week isn't great, but they might be a defense worth holding onto for a few weeks...

Week 3: vs Texans
Week 4: @ Dolphins
Week 5: vs Broncos
Week 6: vs Pittsburgh
Week 7: @ Titans
Week 8: @ Chicago

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, drisser said:

Best options left in my league are SEA vs NO and TB vs NYG. Which do y'all prefer? I grabbed the Seahawks but am considering switching them out. 

I added TB for this week, they’ve been playing well, new D coordinator Bowles

I grabbed them as well for this week, I think they are a good defense IRL. Whether they can maintain fantasy production remains to be seen.

Good Matchups (weeks): 3, 6, 7, 10, 13, 14, 15

Playable Matchups: 4, 9, 12, 16

Stay Away Matchups: 5 (Dal), 8 (KC), 11(bye)

• Like 1

Are the Vikings DST worth keeping? TB and TEN are both available and I'm wanting to pick one of them up, but wondering if I should drop one of my players or the Vikings DST.

Droppable players are: C. Davis, A Peterson or C. Thompson 

Edited by 6point6

1 hour ago, CraftyRighty said:

Titans or Bucs in a league that only counts INT, TD and sacks?

13 minutes ago, 6point6 said:

Are the Vikings DST worth keeping? TB and TEN are both available and I'm wanting to pick one of them up, but wondering if I should drop one of my players or the Vikings DST.

Droppable players are: C. Davis, A Peterson or C. Thompson 

Titans are the play 

• Like 1

I also dropped Baltimore for Green Bay, at least this week. The Ravens have a bunch of matchups I'm not too sure about down the road, and I can't afford to hold two defenses because it looks like I'll have to play some running back roulette this season. (There's no Ravens defense thread.) I'm more impressed by GB's defense so far than Baltimore's, to be honest. They did a nice job against Minnesota, while Baltimore's fantasy performance against Miami doesn't seem that special in light of what the Patriots did to them, and they were ordinary against Arizona.

Edited by 99-percent-sure
  • Like 1

Picked the Bills, but I am not really confident with them... Maybe Titans?

And another one: What do you think about Vinatieri?

So i picked up the Chargers...more for their week 4 matchup...plus they have a few nice match-ups after....But I don't feel to confident about their week 3 match-up versus the Texans. 

The Jags are on the waiver wire.....would you drop someone and carry 2 defenses this week (really don't want to drop the Chargers)

my bench:
Will Fuller
Terry McLaurin
Chris Thompson
James White
Alexander Mattison (I have Dalvin)

Thinking about dropping Chris Thompson 

15 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

So i picked up the Chargers...more for their week 4 matchup...plus they have a few nice match-ups after....But I don't feel to confident about their week 3 match-up versus the Texans. 

The Jags are on the waiver wire.....would you drop someone and carry 2 defenses this week (really don't want to drop the Chargers)

my bench:
Will Fuller
Terry McLaurin
Chris Thompson
James White
Alexander Mattison (I have Dalvin)

Thinking about dropping Chris Thompson 

I was rolling with GB until I saw someone dropped LAC, so I made the swap. While I don’t feel overly confident with them this week, I think they still have a good shot to perform decently. 

It’s always tricky for me to roster 2 dsts with shallow benches and I guess if you had to drop someone out of the bunch, it’d be Thompson. Personally I’d rather just hold and roll the dice but that’s just me. 

• Like 1