Ryansm11

2019 Team Defense / Special Teams / Streaming Thread

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, RunCMC said:

 

Chicago D, and even they are underperforming compared to last year. Those two D's are easy drops for me. But I've always been a streamer , and that will never change. I never understood how folks just continue on with one defense for the whole year, even top defenses .  Doing that you get some good weeks, some great weeks, some bad weeks, some very bad weeks, it's just all over the place. I rather pick my matchups and stream, and most often times than not I do hit on whoever I pickup. And yeah sometimes the top stream of the week , just crap the bed. For instance Carolina D last week against Tampa Bay, everyone was hyping them up. I for instance faded them, and it worked to my benefit. You need to go with your gut along with whatever research you did on said defense for that week. And there's such a big variance on how defenses perform year to year, it's been well documented. The Jags from 2017 , even Chicago falls under that from 2018 to now. I'm talking more fantasy wise mind you, but even irl . 

 

Thanks for the input. Right now, I'm debating between dropping Ross III or my Baltimore DST. My current WRs are D. Adams, Juju, Moore and Kirk.

I guess my question is, in my situation would you still drop Baltimore even with that much depth at WR?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jin said:

 

Thanks for the input. Right now, I'm debating between dropping Ross III or my Baltimore DST. My current WRs are D. Adams, Juju, Moore and Kirk.

I guess my question is, in my situation would you still drop Baltimore even with that much depth at WR?

 

No question drop Baltimore D , especially with KC matchup this week.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best options left in my league are SEA vs NO and TB vs NYG. Which do y'all prefer? I grabbed the Seahawks but am considering switching them out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dropping cleveland dst, awful schedule next 3 weeks. Jax, Buffalo or SF dst to stream?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for asking here. I cant't create a new topic.

10People 0.5PPR League

I need an advise for picking up a defense.
I own the jaguars and bills. Bills I want to start this week. The Ravens are currently free agents.

Should i add the ravens and start the jags instead the bills this week? I think otherwise the ravens are gone,

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cardspro said:

Sorry for asking here. I cant't create a new topic.

10People 0.5PPR League

I need an advise for picking up a defense.
I own the jaguars and bills. Bills I want to start this week. The Ravens are currently free agents.

Should i add the ravens and start the jags instead the bills this week? I think otherwise the ravens are gone,

Thank you

 

I’d drop the Jags and grab the Ravens, then start the Bills this week. Jags are pretty meh to me and would rather have Baltimore and Bills.

 

For those that have BAL and super short benches, what’re y’all doing with them this week? Starting and hoping for the best? I have the Bills floating around out there but don’t really want to drop BAL to stream for one week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can [GB] be a top defense this year? Thinking about dropping Baltimore for them

Edited by tonycpsu
Post moved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Skip23 said:

Can this be a top defense this year? Thinking about dropping Baltimore for them

Not sure I'd go that far but I just picked them up for their juicy matchup at home vs Flaaaaaaaco.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Skip23 said:

Can this be a top defense this year? Thinking about dropping Baltimore for them

 

I dropped them to pick up GB

 

7 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

Not sure I'd go that far but I just picked them up for their juicy matchup at home vs Flaaaaaaaco.

 

Same here - Full stream ahead! 

Edited by FrancoJavierM
edit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Grabbed the Chargers...this week isn't great, but they might be a defense worth holding onto for a few weeks...

Week 3: vs Texans
Week 4: @ Dolphins
Week 5: vs Broncos
Week 6: vs Pittsburgh
Week 7: @ Titans
Week 8: @ Chicago

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, drisser said:

Best options left in my league are SEA vs NO and TB vs NYG. Which do y'all prefer? I grabbed the Seahawks but am considering switching them out. 

I added TB for this week, they’ve been playing well, new D coordinator Bowles

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I grabbed them as well for this week, I think they are a good defense IRL. Whether they can maintain fantasy production remains to be seen.

Good Matchups (weeks): 3, 6, 7, 10, 13, 14, 15

Playable Matchups: 4, 9, 12, 16

Stay Away Matchups: 5 (Dal), 8 (KC), 11(bye)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the Vikings DST worth keeping? TB and TEN are both available and I'm wanting to pick one of them up, but wondering if I should drop one of my players or the Vikings DST.

 

Droppable players are: C. Davis, A Peterson or C. Thompson 

Edited by 6point6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CraftyRighty said:

Titans or Bucs in a league that only counts INT, TD and sacks?

 

13 minutes ago, 6point6 said:

Are the Vikings DST worth keeping? TB and TEN are both available and I'm wanting to pick one of them up, but wondering if I should drop one of my players or the Vikings DST.

 

Droppable players are: C. Davis, A Peterson or C. Thompson 

 

Titans are the play 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I also dropped Baltimore for Green Bay, at least this week. The Ravens have a bunch of matchups I'm not too sure about down the road, and I can't afford to hold two defenses because it looks like I'll have to play some running back roulette this season. (There's no Ravens defense thread.) I'm more impressed by GB's defense so far than Baltimore's, to be honest. They did a nice job against Minnesota, while Baltimore's fantasy performance against Miami doesn't seem that special in light of what the Patriots did to them, and they were ordinary against Arizona.

Edited by 99-percent-sure
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked the Bills, but I am not really confident with them... Maybe Titans?

And another one: What do you think about Vinatieri?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So i picked up the Chargers...more for their week 4 matchup...plus they have a few nice match-ups after....But I don't feel to confident about their week 3 match-up versus the Texans. 

The Jags are on the waiver wire.....would you drop someone and carry 2 defenses this week (really don't want to drop the Chargers)

my bench:
Will Fuller
Terry McLaurin
Chris Thompson
James White
Alexander Mattison (I have Dalvin)

Thinking about dropping Chris Thompson 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GurleyTHIRTY said:

So i picked up the Chargers...more for their week 4 matchup...plus they have a few nice match-ups after....But I don't feel to confident about their week 3 match-up versus the Texans. 

The Jags are on the waiver wire.....would you drop someone and carry 2 defenses this week (really don't want to drop the Chargers)

my bench:
Will Fuller
Terry McLaurin
Chris Thompson
James White
Alexander Mattison (I have Dalvin)

Thinking about dropping Chris Thompson 

 

I was rolling with GB until I saw someone dropped LAC, so I made the swap. While I don’t feel overly confident with them this week, I think they still have a good shot to perform decently. 

It’s always tricky for me to roster 2 dsts with shallow benches and I guess if you had to drop someone out of the bunch, it’d be Thompson. Personally I’d rather just hold and roll the dice but that’s just me. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...