Sign in to follow this  
UberRebel

0.1 Needed For IP Min. in Championship - Start Nola?

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

I have 0.1 IP left to make the 35 IP min. Should I start Nola tomorrow @ NYM, considering the following:

• I'm ahead comfortably in ERA (by more than 1 run), WHIP (by more than .3 WHIP), and K
  • I'm 2 Ws and 1 L ahead (he has 3 L, I have 2 L)
  • Opponent has Straburg @MIA and Kershaw @ARI coming up, so could catch me in Ws
  • I have Taylor Rogers and Brandon Workman as RPs - if Nola isn't started, I'm hoping those guys can get my 1 out between now and the end of Sunday
  • I have the following SPs on Sunday if I absolutely need them (not planning on having to start them) - Giolito@ATL, Darvish@MIL, Pineda@DET

I think even if Nola gets shelled, I still have a strong enough cushion in ERA and WHIP to still win those cats unless Kershaw and Strasburg both have CG shutouts. There's a possibility Nola could also get the L, which would lose me the lead in the category

Starting Nola is basically so that I can get 3 Ws, and maybe put the category out of reach for him

Edited by UberRebel