The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)

I looked but didn't see a thread already started for him (mods please delete if I missed it).

As a DJ owner I'm curious to know what his role will be in the new Air Raid offense in 'Zona this season. I've heard things mentioned like he could have a Darren Sproles type of role, and could even see some PT with both him and DJ on the field at the same time. Is that true?

Appreciate any insight anyone wants to pass along. 

Edited by The G Man

I've heard nothing... but all the sudden rookie qb dj Larry keeshaun kirk now Edmonds.... lots of mouths... with not a lot of feed...

29 minutes ago, hard1 said:

I've heard nothing... but all the sudden rookie qb dj Larry keeshaun kirk now Edmonds.... lots of mouths... with not a lot of feed...

The rising tide lifts all boats.

But I don’t think Edmonds is anything more than a DJ handcuff right now. Doubt he carries any standalone value this year.

• Like 1

Wow, surprised at only 2 comments in this thread.  I know he plays for the Cardinals but it seems like David Johnson's back is bothering him pretty good so Edmonds could quickly become relevant for at least this week if Johnson misses.  If he is used like he was last week, he may also have some standalone value.  Like a poor man's Austin Ekeler.

• Like 1

As it looks now, desperation flex weekly, but top-5 handcuff. These are the guys you want to add when there's any semblance of worry about the main guy (DJ's back issues). It seems like DJ will play, but you never know.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, aapox said:

As it looks now, desperation flex weekly, but top-5 handcuff. These are the guys you want to add when there's any semblance of worry about the main guy (DJ's back issues). It seems like DJ will play, but you never know.

Yup, as a DJ owner I’ve been holding him all year, and will continue till the end of the year. I think he can give at least 75% of what DJ gives now if given the chance.

I'll never understand why a guy like this isn't owned, especially by the DJ owner. I know the Cards suck but Edmonds is a 3-down back who will catch a lot. Easy volume RB2 with some upside if DJ were to miss time. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, dudewithabadcat said:

To add another handcuff to my bench full of handcuffs...or not.  

i won't touch him at all in std ... but ppr?  hellz yeah. 

14 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'll never understand why a guy like this isn't owned, especially by the DJ owner. I know the Cards suck but Edmonds is a 3-down back who will catch a lot. Easy volume RB2 with some upside if DJ were to miss time. 

It isn't ideal to do this early in the season. Bench space is very valuable. Then you have to worry about the byes too. If you have multiple players with the same bye it creates problems. I was forced to pick him up because of a trend happening in my league where some teams will hoard these backups waiting for an injury. Luckily I picked him back up this week otherwise I'd be pretty screwed right now.

I don't want to overpay for a one week rental at best 😕 I've had Chase on and off my bench multiple times this season but if Johnson toughs it out it could just be a FAAB tease. Might be worth the risk with the upside if the back issues continue....

1 minute ago, kball09 said:

I don't want to overpay for a one week rental at best 😕 I've had Chase on and off my bench multiple times this season but if Johnson toughs it out it could just be a FAAB tease. Might be worth the risk with the upside if the back issues continue....

back issues tend to linger a very long time ... DJ may feel better atm, but that's a dicey prop going forward. 

• Like 1

Man, I really don't have the roster flexibility to add this guy. But, I will have no other choice but to put in a claim and hope I get him to back-up DJ in case he can't go. 

The bigger concern IMO is if this becomes a timeshare moving forward. 

1 hour ago, The G Man said:

Man, I really don't have the roster flexibility to add this guy. But, I will have no other choice but to put in a claim and hope I get him to back-up DJ in case he can't go. 

The bigger concern IMO is if this becomes a timeshare moving forward. 

Time share?  Back injuries are no joke especially when your playing the most violent team sport on the planet.  DJ could be limited (or even out) dealing with this ROS.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If DJ is healthy it's his backfield. 

If DJ is dealing with a chronic back issue, Edmonds will be mixed in but it will be hard to predict. In this offense there is a possibility they keep lining him up as a capable receiver with Edmonds as a halfback. 

If DJ has a more severe back issue, Edmonds is a solid RB2 with RB1 upside depending on the week. 

As a David Johnson owner, I'm dishing out over half my budget for Edmonds.

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, potatoetree said:

If DJ is healthy it's his backfield. 

If DJ is dealing with a chronic back issue, Edmonds will be mixed in but it will be hard to predict. In this offense there is a possibility they keep lining him up as a capable receiver with Edmonds as a halfback. 

If DJ has a more severe back issue, Edmonds is a solid RB2 with RB1 upside depending on the week. 

We know he's not healthy.   Where there's smoke, there's fire.  

14 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

We know he's not healthy.   Where there's smoke, there's fire.  

I own edmunds and need him this week with jacobs on bye, but what makes you think this is a big deal. He finished the game, played well, and said himself its not a big deal. Source? I will say tomorrow will be telling, but I am not seeing anything that is showing that johnson will miss time. 

2 hours ago, Pooskay said:

As a David Johnson owner, I'm dishing out over half my budget for Edmonds.

This is precisely why I'm always preaching owning handcuffs. You drop some WR on your bench you'd likely only start one week he might go for like two bucks. Guys like Edmonds, Pollard, Mattison, would go for 80%-90% if the starter got seriously hurt. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, kball09 said:

I would bank on DJ being fine and your statement being correct.  Though let's be real, there's no predicting this game. So "one week at best" could instantly turn into Edmonds starting the remainder of the season because an MRI suddenly reveals some sort of break in his back. If I was a DJ owner, I wouldn't miss Edmonds, nor drop him ROS.  

Edited by mikeflavaz
  • Like 1

Johnson seems to have aching ailments and Chase has been getting more opportunity over the last couple of weeks. When I saw what a wasteland RB was this year I stashed this and Darrel Henderson two weeks ago, this looks like it's about to pay, and If Johnson gets hurt, this vaults to potential league winner status, the AZ upcoming schedule is highly favorable to RB scoring. 

This scratch off ticket is a winner. 

• Like 1

I'm not so sure the Arizona cardinals have a strong schedule for RB. After Falcons and Giants, they get the Saints, 49ers, bucs, 49ers, then a bye. 

The playoff weeks are a little more favorable.