The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

3 hours ago, Trifecta said:

He's a desperation must start for me. 

By that I mean I must start him because I'm desperate.

“Desperate” sums up this thread pretty well.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, smeeze said:

If DJ is active, he's an RB3. If DJ is out, he's an RB1.

Bunch of foolish posts ITT. If the NFL running back ahead of him decides to play through a back injury, it's a good thing for the value of Edmonds.

• Like 2

edmunds would be the drop for me to get josh allen for next week however chance of aggravation is high. slightly torn. if dj sits, might start edmunds over malcom brown, damien williams and boyd

I think dj plays but will probably split with Chase. When they rule dj active you can only start chase if you’re desperate though. Maybe flex him 

I’m strongly considering playing him over brown and miles sanders. 2qb league so only play 2 RBs. The more I think about it the less I like Brown. 

5 hours ago, miasma16 said:

Bunch of foolish posts ITT. If the NFL running back ahead of him decides to play through a back injury, it's a good thing for the value of Edmonds.

Not this week.

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

edmunds would be the drop for me to get josh allen for next week however chance of aggravation is high. slightly torn. if dj sits, might start edmunds over malcom brown, damien williams and boyd

How so...dj is fully healthy and will be among the top backs this week

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, phisouza33 said:

I’m strongly considering playing him over brown and miles sanders. 2qb league so only play 2 RBs. The more I think about it the less I like Brown. 

You're overthinking it. I do think Chase will be reasonably involved, but with Brown you're getting more touches on a better offense. Chase is gonna be pretty TD dependent if DJ plays. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, smeeze said:

I'd actually disagree. The guy's not terrible. If DJ's out he's gonna get all the work in a capable offense, and great matchup. He'd be a low-end RB1. 

I have to believe DJs back injury isn’t serious at all. It seems to be just a spasm or cramp I guess. 

if it was something serious such as a pinched nerve or disk injury there would be no playing through that. 

Edmonds is a drop if DJ makes it through this game without any setbacks. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Klientel said:

I have to believe DJs back injury isn’t serious at all. It seems to be just a spasm or cramp I guess. 

if it was something serious such as a pinched nerve or disk injury there would be no playing through that. 

Edmonds is a hold all year because he has an obvious path to RB 1 volume if the guy ahead of him gets hurt. How many guys can you say that about?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Edmonds is a hold all year because he has an obvious path to RB 1 volume if the guy ahead of him gets hurt. How many guys can you say that about?

All the handcuffs with 20%+ ownership. I dunno is there like 6-7 of them or around there. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Magoo said:

If you're a DJ owner, you should own Edmonds and keep him for the rest of the year especially in PPR because he would likely be a 3-down back who would also get the red zone work if DJ is ever out.  You can't say that about that many rb's anymore.

Edited by sjm76
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'd actually disagree. The guy's not terrible. If DJ's out he's gonna get all the work in a capable offense, and great matchup. He'd be a low-end RB1. 

I agree, he’s a great handcuff. But you’d think DJ’s career is in jeopardy if you read the last few pages of this thread. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Klientel said:

Probably going to drop him if DJ is active. For us non-DJ owners, this ride might be over before it began.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Klientel said:

about 8-10

There are only a few you could argue are ahead of Edmonds - Mattison, Pollard, JWill, maybe Penny (but he's largely owned). Maybe a couple others. Chase is right near the top. 

4 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

There are only a few you could argue are ahead of Edmonds - Mattison, Pollard, JWill, maybe Penny (but he's largely owned). Maybe a couple others. Chase is right near the top. 

even over malcom brown?

29 minutes ago, brosephd said:

even over malcom brown?

If Gurley and DJ both went on IR right now, I would want Edmonds over Brown. Edmonds would be a 3 down workhorse. That said, I think it’s significantly more likely that Brown lands a bigger season-long role this year than Edmonds, so I prefer to roster Brown over Edmonds right now if a choice has to be made. 

Edited by gufomel
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

even over malcom brown?

The post above summed it up perfectly. If both starters went down I'd rather Chase, but with Gurley seemingly being far less healthy than DJ you'd probably have to give the nod to Brown. 

• Like 2

All I know is my only other active RB this week was Hilliman, and I left him and his 6 PPR points on the bench.  Hoping Edmonds gets me that much.  Anything over is gravy.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bandito said:

All I know is my only other active RB this week was Hilliman, and I left him and his 6 PPR points on the bench.  Hoping Edmonds gets me that much.  Anything over is gravy.

The struggle is real with your RB situation 

😵

5 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Yeah and we have to factor in the odds of injury into the analysis. While Pollard may produce more as a starter on a better team, Zeke has been unique among top RBs in managing to avoid missing games due to injury. Cook, Jones, Carson have all had injury issues in their careers. DJ has a bad back. So of these guys, Pollard has to automatically go to the back of the list, other than J. Williams (a scrub who won't do much even if Jones went down) IMO (unless you have Zeke) since he is a lottery ticket least likely to hit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1