The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

Just now, FitzMagic said:

All but TB. Looking at what they did to CMC yesterday had me impressed. He did fine from a fantasy perspective, but not real life. Chase could probably produce with volume, but it is scary how bad Tampa made CMC look. That was the second time this year they made him look bad.

Yeah but they always try and get CMac going on the ground.  The Cardinals have no intention of forcing that with Edmonds, so DJ might bang into Suh and Vita Vea but Edmonds will be running patterns against the corners.  He's more of a reciever for them.

And given that Arians seems to be struggling with the turnover issue, you could see some goal line passing scenarios.

• Haha 1

Flexable in ppr

Edited by affliction

Fridays all that matters, look at last week. That being said Edmonds produced with DJ in last week

On 10/16/2019 at 6:00 PM, n4sa said:

This years' Alvin Kamara.

I am thinking we should just rename this forum "this year's Alvin Kamara."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We saw this song and dance last week. Not getting my hopes up again. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Braves16 said:

We saw this song and dance last week. Not getting my hopes up again. 

Agreed. But to be honest, at the very least this means Edmonds has a little bit more likelihood of being a usable flex for those who may be that desperate...which...may or may not be me.....

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, aapox said:

Agreed. But to be honest, at the very least this means Edmonds has a little bit more likelihood of being a usable flex for those who may be that desperate...which...may or may not be me.....

Usable flex?  I need Edmonds to be my RB1 this week in my PPR league so I wouldn't mind at all if DJ sits.

Edited by sjm76
  • Like 2

Injury report. Zach Allen, DJ Foster both out. If David Johnson can’t play Cardinals down to one healthy back in Chase Edmonds. Makes you think Johnson will play unless the Cardinals are going to play practice squad RB roulette like the Giants just did.

6 minutes ago, konstao said:

Injury report. Zach Allen, DJ Foster both out. If David Johnson can’t play Cardinals down to one healthy back in Chase Edmonds. Makes you think Johnson will play unless the Cardinals are going to play practice squad RB roulette like the Giants just did.

"Johnson said he was “feeling good,” and that “hopefully I can play on Sunday.”

The problem is exacerbated by the absence of running back D.J. Foster (hamstring), who didn't practice and was ruled out. If Johnson also can't go, Kingsbury said there was an “emergency plan” if Chase Edmonds was the only available running back. The Cardinals would have to make a roster move by Saturday to add anyone to the roster that can play Sunday.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/te-maxx-williams-pops-on-offense-rb-david-johnson-game-day-decision

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Usable flex?  I need Edmonds to be my RB1 this week in my PPR league so I wouldn't mind at all if DJ sits.

Flex with confidence 

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Good thing the game is an early one, would be friggin awesome if they made a roster move before tomorrow and add another RB.

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

need to figure if he's worth the #3 waiver. worst case scenario DJ plays, and he's a handcuff. DJ's been pretty banged up but a bye week coming up to heal up. If Dj plays, theres a chance he gets more banged up. He sits and RB1 this week. So it's not all bad. Edmonds has pretty standalone value in this offense and probably offers higher upside than most handcuffs. 

I think he's worth starting this week as a flex at minimum. DJ is already banged up.

Edited by n4sa

He has FLEX value at a minimum. Last week he got his and DJ also had 2 TD. Don't overthink this.

I can’t see dj making it through the season without missing games. Chase is a good stash and can provide flex numbers 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, affliction said:

I can’t see dj making it through the season without missing games. Chase is a good stash and can provide flex numbers 

I am holding onto him for dear life lol. Next to my Chubb and Gurley, I don't have much RB depths besides Penny (gross)