The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Not sure why the Cardinals wouldn't just let DJ rest a week and get back to 100% if the comments made that he wouldn't have played Friday if there were a game that day were true.

Maybe I'm just saying that as an Edmonds owner that could really use a flex guy this week lol :)

Seriously though....DJ has been banged up a few times this year with various things and really hasn't played that well outside of the TD's he's scored.

Yeah and this is a team that is really cautious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

 DJ hasn't played that well outside of the TD's he's scored.

 

He's averaging 5.8 yards per touch behind a bad o-line. Let's not get crazy here lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm surprised they didn't at least bring up a Practice Squad RB.

Sounds like they are playing with fire even if DJ plays given that his coach said he wouldn't have played if the game was Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

I'm surprised they didn't at least bring up a Practice Squad RB.

Sounds like they are playing with fire even if DJ plays given that his coach said he wouldn't have played if the game was Friday.

 

This may come as a shock to you but coaches exaggerate and/or lie a lot.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might be just coach speak. If they were truly worried would of signed another RB today.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

This may come as a shock to you but coaches exaggerate and/or lie a lot.

Doesn't seem necessary when you've already labeled him a GTD, but what do I know?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sSektor said:

 

He's averaging 5.8 yards per touch behind a bad o-line. Let's not get crazy here lol

 

He's averaging 3.9 ypc and only cracked 40 yards rushing twice this season.  And Edmonds is averaging 7.4 yards per touch on 32 touches with the same offense.

I don't think he's been very exceptional this year by any means.  It's the volume, receptions and TD's that have made his season.

I only watched the Falcons game but to my eyes Edmonds was just more electric than DJ.  Johnson got like 40 of his receiving yards on a busted play that left him wide open in the flat and got most of his rushing yards when he carried for like 15 yards up the middle virtually untouched one play.  The 1 yard TD he scored was the result of a great play by Edmonds where he got tacked at the one.  

I'm not suggesting that Edmonds is gonna replace DJ or something.  All I'm saying is that Edmonds looks pretty good out there and is a very high upside bench stash....even though I'm sure most of us here already know that :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tts42572 said:

 

He's averaging 3.9 ypc and only cracked 40 yards rushing twice this season.  And Edmonds is averaging 7.4 yards per touch on 32 touches with the same offense.

I don't think he's been very exceptional this year by any means.  It's the volume, receptions and TD's that have made his season.

I only watched the Falcons game but to my eyes Edmonds was just more electric than DJ.  Johnson got like 40 of his receiving yards on a busted play that left him wide open in the flat and got most of his rushing yards when he carried for like 15 yards up the middle virtually untouched one play.  The 1 yard TD he scored was the result of a great play by Edmonds where he got tacked at the one.  

I'm not suggesting that Edmonds is gonna replace DJ or something.  All I'm saying is that Edmonds looks pretty good out there and is a very high upside bench stash....even though I'm sure most of us here already know that :)

 

Edmonds has about 1/3rd of the touches that DJ has. His efficiency would go down with volume just like anyone else. Volume, receptions, and TD's are what you look for in a running back I don't see how that's a knock against DJ when he's still producing lol

 

If you're going to play the "take away all the big plays" game for DJ then might as well do the same for Edmonds. Or not because it doesn't help your point right? Calling the backup better because he has a high YPC on limited usage is a slippery slope. Edmonds looks good but you really can't get the whole picture until he gets a full workload and defenses key in on him like a lead back.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, sSektor said:

 

Edmonds has about 1/3rd of the touches that DJ has. His efficiency would go down with volume just like anyone else. Volume, receptions, and TD's are what you look for in a running back I don't see how that's a knock against DJ when he's still producing lol

 

If you're going to play the "take away all the big plays" game for DJ then might as well do the same for Edmonds. Or not because it doesn't help your point right? Calling the backup better because he has a high YPC on limited usage is a slippery slope. Edmonds looks good but you really can't get the whole picture until he gets a full workload and defenses key in on him like a lead back.

this uh didn't age well.

Haven't heard much of anything re DJ's injury, does Chase have potential multi-week usage going forward?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jasonresno said:

this uh didn't age well.

Haven't heard much of anything re DJ's injury, does Chase have potential multi-week usage going forward?


I would think this game has cemented his role in this offence. He’s not going away 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Floor: Austin Ekler (2018)

Ceiling: LaDainian Tomlinson (2006) 

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chase is great but you guys are acting like the Giants run defense was anything close to competent this game.

 

I'm beyond angry they didn't rule DJ out when he clearly didn't plan on playing him much at all.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sSektor said:

Chase is great but you guys are acting like the Giants run defense was anything close to competent this game.

 

I'm beyond angry they didn't rule DJ out when he clearly didn't plan on playing him much at all.

One post ago you were promising that Chase would be exposed by volume. Now you're saying that he only succeeded because of the defense. Man, what's it gonna be if he blows up next week? Sometimes people look good cuz they are good.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jasonresno said:

One post ago you were promising that Chase would be exposed by volume. Now you're saying that he only succeeded because of the defense. Man, what's it gonna be if he blows up next week? Sometimes people look good cuz they are good.

 

I own both so I don't mind either way. But you're kidding yourself if you think Chase would have put up his current efficiency if he got DJ volume the first 6 games. And yes the Giants defense is in fact that bad against the run, hence why DJ was a top 5 play this week lol

  • Haha 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking to sell the beast high, but not sure what you would pay?  WR1?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why did the "experts" have this guy as RB37 this week!?

And why do I keep listening to them!?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mjb said:

Looking to sell the beast high, but not sure what you would pay?  WR1?

Depends how long DJ is out for, could be playing next game for all we know.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Why did the "experts" have this guy as RB37 this week!?

And why do I keep listening to them!?

 

Seriously?  David Johnson was announced as playing.  Why would they have Edmonds ranked high?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He did well and ran all over this D.  Just don't watch the film too closely.  On a lot of the runs he wasn't even touched.  The first TD run was one of those.  The 2nd I think he had a leg grab he broke.  The Giants either knew where he was or completely lost him.  Props to him for a monster day but if I can, I'd sell high. NO, SF, TB, SF, BYE is what he has coming up.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DemOrioles said:

 

Seriously?  David Johnson was announced as playing.  Why would they have Edmonds ranked high?

 

RB37 is low.  He had 10+ points the past two weeks. DJ played last week.  He played MUCH more last week in fact. The league has 4 teams on bye right now.  28 teams, and you have 8 other backups over him? 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This thread ala Josh Gordon in Cleveland. Edmonds will still be used with a healthy DJ. Pass game, just too explosive to keep off the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...