The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Sternes said:

RB37 is low.  He had 10+ points the past two weeks. DJ played last week.  He played MUCH more last week in fact. The league has 4 teams on bye right now.  28 teams, and you have 8 other backups over him? 

Volume > point chasing

Experts give you safe rankings not cash game desperation rankings

8 minutes ago, DemOrioles said:

Seriously?  David Johnson was announced as playing.  Why would they have Edmonds ranked high?

Because if they were good at their jobs they might have a clue that he was going to have a huge game?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Because if they were good at their jobs they might have a clue that he was going to have a huge game?

Did you have a clue that DJ was going to get 1 snap and be out the entire game against a bottom of the barrel run defense? If so then you should start your own fantasy site and become rich selling your rankings.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Did you have a clue that DJ was going to get 1 snap and be out the entire game against a bottom of the barrel run defense? If so then you should start your own fantasy site and become rich selling your rankings.

Chill out. I was just making a joke that I shouldn't trust the experts. 

I was going to flex Edmonds but they had Golladay so far ahead of him I went with Golladay. My mistake. 

But even if DJ hadn't gone out, Edmonds should be ranked better than RB37. You said yourself bottom of the barrel defense and he played well the previous two weeks. 

AND DJ was doubtful to even play on Friday. The writing was on the wall. 

• Like 1

Every single person that has Edmonds would have started him if they knew DJ would only play 1 snap. I had him bench in both my leagues and had much better options than a flex type of player relying on elite efficiency without the volume. But today he got the volume because DJ played 1 snap. Congrats to those that started him and will win their weeks. But it was likely a desperation start or a flex without great alternative options.

• Like 5

Just now, Ryansm11 said:

So does DJ sit next week? 

Hopefully...

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, WaiverLooter said:

Is he a viable pickup for non-DJ owners even if DJ comes back healthy?

I’m a non DJ owner and he was quite viable for me today. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Is he a viable pickup for non-DJ owners even if DJ comes back healthy?

Bro, he’s a beast check out season highlights. I said must add last week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

yeah but DJ wasn’t healthy today. Is he startable if DJ is fully healthy? What do you expect out of him in that case? RB2? flex?

Just now, WaiverLooter said:

yeah but DJ wasn’t healthy today. Is he startable if DJ is fully healthy? What do you expect out of him in that case? RB2? flex?

I think flex with fully healthy DJ getting his normal workload. He isn't quite to the Ekeler level in my opinion behind an every down back. But DJ has been struggling with health lately, so who knows.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, WaiverLooter said:

Tough to say. RB1 of course with no DJ, so get him. See how the backfield unfolds.

2 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

Dude, just pick the guy up if you’re lucky enough to do so. DJ might not be healthy again this year. Edmonds is good, you’re overthinking it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, mjb said:

Tough to say. RB1 of course with no DJ, so get him. See how the backfield unfolds.

Wish I listened to you. Could have dropped Henderson this morning know Gurley was gonna play. Figure he’s gonna be everyone’s #1 waiver claim. Anytime a RB puts up 34 in half ppr, he’s gonna be picked up just on impulse alone ☹️

• Like 1

Just now, phisouza33 said:

Dude, just pick the guy up if you’re lucky enough to do so. DJ might not be healthy again this year. Edmonds is good, you’re overthinking it

whoa chill your boner bro. Was just asking while prioritizing waiver adds for next week lol

He will get 5 points next week when the vast majority start him

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, devaster said:

But it was likely a desperation start or a flex without great alternative options.

Are you questioning the local psychics and hindsight geniuses of this forum?

15 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

Me too! 

All I want to know is what kind of value I can get for him because their next 4 matchups are ugly! Sell High!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, McTavish79 said:

All I want to know is what kind of value I can get for him because their next 4 matchups are ugly! Sell High!!

Knowing what a previous poster told me, you could probably get a WR2 or better trading him to the DJ owner. If you are the DJ owner, you should not trade him lol...

Edited by WaiverLooter
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Are you questioning the local psychics and hindsight geniuses of this forum?

There were people on here all week who said even if DJ plays there's a good chance he'll be limited or get hurt during the game. 

Remember, the coach said on Friday that if the game were that day DJ would not play. 

He was also a game time call last week and is perpetually injured. 

So, Edmonds being the lead back this week was actually more likely than not. It was just a matter of having the guts to believe that and start him. 

He had double digit fantasy points the previous two weeks. It's not like this was his first good game either.  

• Like 3

Had to start him out of necessity in one league so glad it worked out. Even against NO/SF I still think you start him if DJ is out.