The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

On 10/19/2019 at 5:27 PM, sSektor said:

Edmonds has about 1/3rd of the touches that DJ has. His efficiency would go down with volume just like anyone else. Volume, receptions, and TD's are what you look for in a running back I don't see how that's a knock against DJ when he's still producing lol

If you're going to play the "take away all the big plays" game for DJ then might as well do the same for Edmonds. Or not because it doesn't help your point right? Calling the backup better because he has a high YPC on limited usage is a slippery slope. Edmonds looks good but you really can't get the whole picture until he gets a full workload and defenses key in on him like a lead back.

Well...Edmonds looked pretty good today :)

Don’t want to ruin anyone’s parade, but as a Cards fan I felt Chase’s day was more about the giants d being bad. Most rbs score on those three runs and through the holes that were open all game . He had a really bad drop in the game too. Definitely a must start if DJ is out but I’d hesitate to call him a league winner. I don’t see special.

Edited by jsch08
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Don’t want to ruin anyone’s parade, but as a Cards fan I felt Chase’s day was more about the giants d being bad. Most rbs score on those three runs and through the holes that were open all game . He had a really bad drop in the game too. Definitely a must start if DJ is out but I’d hesitate to call him a league winner. I don’t see special.

Well yeah, he's not going to score 3 TDs every week. 

He's also flexworthy at minimum for the foreseeable future. Currently a top-20 RB for the season.

• Like 4

Did dj get hurt or was he just limited today?

1 minute ago, Dr. Whom said:

Did dj get hurt or was he just limited today?

Coach claims he only wanted to use him in emergency situations. Sounds dumb to me...if he wasn't healthy enough to actually play then why would you risk his health rather than calling up a backup for Edmonds.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Silkk1211 said:

Coach claims he only wanted to use him in emergency situations. Sounds dumb to me...if he wasn't healthy enough to actually play then why would you risk his health rather than calling up a backup for Edmonds.

I guess the 2nd play of the game was an emergency situation. Pretty dumb the way it was handled. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sonny_D said:

I guess the 2nd play of the game was an emergency situation. Pretty dumb the way it was handled. 

Unbelievably stupid. Maybe they just wanted to ruin people's fantasy Sunday as I have no other explanation.

3 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Dumb from a fantasy stand point, brilliant from a real life football position. Guarantee the Giants didn’t game plan for Chase (and it worked). 

• Like 1

Just now, sasnumberonefan said:

Dumb from a fantasy stand point, brilliant from a real life football position. Guarantee the Giants didn’t game plan for Chase (and it worked). 

Would have really backfired had Edmonds got hurt since DJ was the only other active RB.

Gamesmanship I guess.

He did say on Friday if the game was played that day, DJ wouldn't play.

I think we all just kind of ignored that statement because he was active and he played well through a GTD tag the week before.

I guess the moral is that Kingsberry isn't going to give you legit status updates.  Edmonds and DJ might both be frustrating to own this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, sasnumberonefan said:

Yeah, no way would Edmonds have run for 3 TD’s without the smoke screen. Lol. Come on man. That one DJ carry was brilliant. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tomei7 said:

Non-owner hahaha

No, a Cardinals fan who actually laid eyeballs on the game. I doubt you did.

Edmonds is a decent player, but not special, IMO. There was nothing special about the wide open lanes the Giants were letting him run through. I have seen people call him a league winner. Edmonds is certainly starter worthy whenever DJ is out but is not a league winner like Kamara two years ago or Chubb last year even if DJ were to be out for awhile. If DJ is healthy, I don’t think he has stand alone value except in the deepest of league’s or bye week filler.

Edited by jsch08
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

No, a Cardinals fan who actually laid eyeballs on the game. I doubt you did.

Edmonds is a decent player, but not special, IMO. There was nothing special about the wide open lanes the Giants were letting him run through. I have seen people call him a league winner. Edmonds is certainly starter worthy whenever DJ is out but is not a league winner like Kamara two years ago or Chubb last year even if DJ were to be out for awhile. If DJ is healthy, I don’t think he has stand alone value except in the deepest of league’s or bye week filler.

I’m no DJ or Chase owner but you clearly haven’t been watching this guy the last few years. He is very talented. He’s easily a top 10 rb ros if he replaces Dj. He’s a league winner if he were to replace Dj

• Like 3

I agree that he is a rb1 without johnson, problem is Johnson is still there and makes chase td dependent. #1 handcuff, emergency flex, not much more and I own him. 

Aside from the one move he made on the 3rd TD he really doesn't look all that special. He's running through a swiss cheese defense.

• Thanks 1

Disclaimer: I don’t own Edmonds and chose Latavius instead (can’t be too disappointed about that I suppose). So you can take this for what you wish.

I think this video is worth watching, starting around the 0:30 mark.

Basically, as has already been mentioned several times here, his TDs were on gaping holes. Did Edmonds create some of that? Maybe. But on video it sure looks like those were holes that Eddie Lacy could take to the house. Then on other plays, Edmonds looks like he’s running around with his head cut off.

The next 4 matchups before the bye look brutal. If Edmonds is a league-winning kind of back, he can overcome those types of matchups. But I’m not sure he’s that kind of back. With that said, I would love to have Edmonds on my roster to see how this plays out, but I don’t, so maybe I’m bitter. As long as DJ is out (or very limited), Edmonds is an RB2 on volume alone, and I definitely do not deny the possibility of RB1 upside. I just think NO, SF (twice), and TB is likely to make him come back to earth after CIN, ATL, NYG.

Edited by gufomel

4 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I just think NO, SF (twice), and TB is likely to make him come back to earth after CIN, ATL, NYG

He is literally Kamara to everyone who owns him but not DJ though.

First thing I did today, was contact the David Johnson owner and told him its now or never for Edmounds. Rode off into the sunrise with a new solid WR2. Time is now folks to sell this man, because that was mostly a bad Giants defense.

• Thanks 1

Problem is DJ owner in my league doesn't have that great a team 😕 

Edited by vthokie3

10 hours ago, Silkk1211 said:

Would have really backfired had Edmonds got hurt since DJ was the only other active RB.

If Chase would have gotten hurt then DJ would have played because that would have been an emergency situation. 

See now we’re thinking like Coach Kingsbury 

League winner, don't care what any of you say

• Like 2

Sure seems like quite a bit of pessimism in this thread for a guy that just ripped off 150 yards and 3 TD's that probably most people that own him picked up for free off waivers.

Is he a league winner?  Probably not.

But what more could you ask for from a free waiver pickup that is probably buried on your bench?  This guy is either a perfect hold for DJ owners to have piece of mind or perfect trade bait to the DJ owners in your league that don't have him.  And at worst, you have an Ekeler type upside handcuff/possible flex guy on your bench that you can play in a pinch.

I'm just glad to see my bench stash payoff even though I'm irritated I didn't play him this week.  The Cardinals should be fined IMO for their approach.....They clearly lied about their injury report.  Yeah, maybe they didn't have to fully disclose their intentions but they have these injury reports in place for a reason....And it's because the NFL is big business.  

Anyways, Edmonds owners should still be smiling and his value clearly increased after yesterday.

Edited by tts42572

16 hours ago, Sternes said:

He did well and ran all over this D.  Just don't watch the film too closely.  On a lot of the runs he wasn't even touched.  The first TD run was one of those.  The 2nd I think he had a leg grab he broke.  The Giants either knew where he was or completely lost him.  Props to him for a monster day but if I can, I'd sell high. NO, SF, TB, SF, BYE is what he has coming up.

I'm not afraid of Tampa Bay..... The others are rough