The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

Read on Twitter that Ajayi is also taking a physical and it is a 2 day visit. He is almost certainly signing and I truly would not be shocked to see DJ at least ruled out and possibly even IR'd (total wild speculation on my part here, just a feeling)...Edmonds will have a rough draw with an absolute wall off rush D from saints but he is trending in the direction of the often overused, but totally apt in this case-- "leeg winnah"

1 hour ago, CharlesCC2 said:

Thanks to a touchdown in each game against a decent matchup and maybe the best one possible.  The next four matchups are literally close to the worst matchups possible.  Without DJ he's clearly worth something, but with DJ back I think you're banking on a prayer playing him in any of these next four.

Yeah, touchdowns count in your league right? If you took away everyone's TDs they tend to be worse, agreed.

Obviously the next matchups are worse, I was just pointing out the previous comment was incorrect.

37 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Yeah, touchdowns count in your league right? If you took away everyone's TDs they tend to be worse, agreed.

Obviously the next matchups are worse, I was just pointing out the previous comment was incorrect.

I mean, you just threw up some numbers and said he did good, I was just adding a little context to them.  He got points in a decent and great matchup not because of high level of involvement but because of touchdowns in said matchups.  I didn't imply that they don't count, I'm just saying he had a limited number of touches in plus matchups and made the most of them, something I wouldn't expect in the upcoming games leading up to the bye.  Therefore I wouldn't want somebody to look at those numbers and say, "whoa he did well even with DJ playing, he's gotta be a good play going forward."

Fact that they're bringing in Ware and Ajayi to tryout makes me a little concerned for DJs health, I think that is more of a reason to be excited about Edmonds now, as well as him having showed up when he got the reins.

Edit: Sorry I kind of skipped what you said about how you were simply responding to another post.  I went back and saw his comment that led to what you said and I got you now.

Edited by CharlesCC2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, babyfaceassasin said:

I’m no DJ or Chase owner but you clearly haven’t been watching this guy the last few years. He is very talented. He’s easily a top 10 rb ros if he replaces Dj. He’s a league winner if he were to replace Dj

🤣 The first thing I said in my post you quoted was that I was a Cardinals fan who watched the game. You, sir, are an idiot.

PS this is Edmond’s second year. He was at Fordham a few years ago.

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

What's interesting to me about Edmonds is his versatility.

Much like Ekeler in LAC, they are comfortable with lining him up at a WR spot with DJ in the backfield (let's face it, the AZ depth chart at WR looks a little hairy).

Even with DJ healthy enough to do his thing in ATL, Edmonds got 30 snaps.  That's enough to generate value against bad defenses.

I wouldn't play him against SF, but he's a wild card that could be worth playing in other matchups, particularly since Kingsberry obviously likes playing games with DJ's status.

He is not the receiver Ekeler is.

Just now, jsch08 said:

He is not the receiver Ekeler is.

Few are.

I wasn't comparing skills, I was comparing usage.

• Like 1

This reminds me of this point last year when James White was scoring all those TDs and people were calling him an RB1 in standard. That was silly then and people calling Chase top 10 easily and a league winner without DJ is silly also. Chase is not DJ. He’s more James White without the receiving chops but maybe a little more giddyup in the run game.

Edited by jsch08

The question I’m not seeing asked is: Why would the Cardinals come out of the gates using their “emergency RB” on the first two plays of the game? Do most teams start their emergency quarterbacks? Do you break glass in case of emergency in proactive anticipation of a fire? Something doesn’t add up. 

Edited by TheForearmShiver

1 minute ago, larfboy said:

Is Chase a sell high candidate or a ride it out player?

I wouldn't sell him now with them bringing in Ajayi and Ware in for workouts.

All is not well in DJ-ville.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheForearmShiver said:

The question I’m not seeing asked is: Why would the Cardinals come out of the gates sing their “emergency RB” on the first two plays of the game? Do most teams start their emergency quarterbacks? Do you break glass in case of emergency in proactive anticipation of a fire? Something doesn’t add up. 

Im guessing they wanted to give him the "start".

5 minutes ago, yanksman said:

So nothing like James White

Basically a lesser James White, yes. My point is that they are both just ok players. Even with White’s receiving numbers he’s just kind of an ok guy. Not big, not fast, not the quickest but smart and dependable. I see Edmunds the same way.

Hase would have better usage if DJ went down then White would ever have so still startable in standard (I don’t find White startable in standard). But he’s not a special talent, like White is not.

Edited by jsch08

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Yeah, i'm leaning that way as well...if there is something really wrong with DJ and forces him to miss a significant amount of weeks(4+) then Chase can be a real 'league winner' or in my case a 'season saver' 

Just now, jsch08 said:

Basically a lesser James White, yes. He’d have better usage if DJ went down then White would ever have so still startable. But he’s not a special talent, like White is not.

You said hes like James White except a worst receiver and a better runner. Maybe pick a better comp?

Just now, larfboy said:

Yeah, i'm leaning that way as well...if there is something really wrong with DJ and forces him to miss a significant amount of weeks(4+) then Chase can be a real 'league winner' or in my case a 'season saver' 

I suspect you wouldn't be bringing in guys at least with Ajayi's name value in week 8 if you were just thinking you needed someone to fill a special teams role for a week or two.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, larfboy said:

Is Chase a sell high candidate or a ride it out player?

Have you seen his schedule over the next month?   If somebody’s dumb enough to give you any value based off of one game then more power to you.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yanksman said:

You said hes like James White except a worst receiver and a better runner. Maybe pick a better comp?

I compare them as similar size players that are not that fast, not the quickest, not the biggest but smart and dependable. I said that in my post above. Is it really hard to understand why players can be comped together and not be exactly the same?

1 minute ago, Rickydragon said:

Have you seen his schedule over the next month?   If somebody’s dumb enough to give you any value based off of one game then more power to you.  

that's a good point...hah

I'm not worried about his schedule. If DJ is out he'll do enough in the receiving game to be a weekly starter. Gotta play him this week with Zeke on a bye 

11 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Couldn't now be the best time to sell with those guys coming in? Makes the DJ owner panic more

2 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

I compare them as similar size players that are not that fast, not the quickest, not the biggest but smart and dependable. I said that in my post above. Is it really hard to understand why players can be comped together and not be exactly the same?

I dunno. It just seems lazy. Such as when people compare Cooper Kupp to Julian Edelman just because they are both white slot WRs.

• Like 1

Just now, vthokie3 said:

Couldn't now be the best time to sell with those guys coming in? Makes the DJ owner panic more

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, making that sort of thing subjective to the buyer, of course.

I have no idea what the deal is.  Typically I would say those are inopportune times to sell, but you are right, it depends on who is buying.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, CharlesCC2 said:

I mean, you just threw up some numbers and said he did good, I was just adding a little context to them.  He got points in a decent and great matchup not because of high level of involvement but because of touchdowns in said matchups.  I didn't imply that they don't count, I'm just saying he had a limited number of touches in plus matchups and made the most of them, something I wouldn't expect in the upcoming games leading up to the bye.  Therefore I wouldn't want somebody to look at those numbers and say, "whoa he did well even with DJ playing, he's gotta be a good play going forward."

Fact that they're bringing in Ware and Ajayi to tryout makes me a little concerned for DJs health, I think that is more of a reason to be excited about Edmonds now, as well as him having showed up when he got the reins.

Edit: Sorry I kind of skipped what you said about how you were simply responding to another post.  I went back and saw his comment that led to what you said and I got you now.

Ha, no worries. I'm in total agreement you can't start Edmonds with confidence if DJ starts these next few matchups. But if this ends up being a split backfield I think he's flex worthy. I'm coming from a 14 team league perspective. No way I start him in my 10 (or likely 12) if DJ is active this next month.

• Like 1