The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

9 minutes ago, Rickydragon said:

Have you seen his schedule over the next month?   If somebody’s dumb enough to give you any value based off of one game then more power to you.  

I agree with you about his upcoming schedule but, he's actually put up 3 solid weeks of production.

• Thanks 1

Don't see DJ returning to anything more than 50-50 duties this year.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

[...] I think edmonds worth with DJ healthy will still be flexible as he has put up good numbers in limited amount of work. dare i say he been "kamara-lite" lol. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content
  • Like 3

On 10/9/2019 at 12:18 AM, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Johnson seems to have aching ailments and Chase has been getting more opportunity over the last couple of weeks. When I saw what a wasteland RB was this year I stashed this and Darrel Henderson two weeks ago, this looks like it's about to pay, and If Johnson gets hurt, this vaults to potential league winner status, the AZ upcoming schedule is highly favorable to RB scoring. 

This scratch off ticket is a winner. 

Weekly FLEX with RB2 upside, If DJ ends up out of the picture via trade or injury, RB1 weekly, potential league winner. 

Who does Kingsbury love? 

It appears Chase Edmonds. 5.3 yards per carry in a zone blocking scheme is much better than DJ's 3.4. Twenty four million of DJ's 30 million dollar deal was paid up front, so it's not like he can't be traded. 

Furthermore, AZ is suddenly in it at 3-3-1. 

I love it when foresight pays off. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Weekly FLEX with RB2 upside, If DJ ends up out of the picture via trade or injury, RB1 weekly, potential league winner. 

Who does Kingsbury love? 

It appears Chase Edmonds. 5.3 yards per carry in a zone blocking scheme is much better than DJ's 3.4. Twenty four million of DJ's 30 million dollar deal was paid up front, so it's not like he can't be traded. 

Furthermore, AZ is suddenly in it at 3-3-1. 

I love it when foresight pays off. 

I own both and I’d love to see him traded, doubt it will happen but wishful thinking

Did anyone see Matthew Berry’s rant about what happened Sunday on his podcast? 😆😆

I saw it on the ESPN fantasy app. Refreshing to know I’m not the only one who gets that upset about this silly game. 

I started Chase though 😎

Edited by FritzLn

1 minute ago, BRIGUY11 said:

I own both and I’d love to see him traded, doubt it will happen but wishful thinking

Ya never know, the NFL seems to have more trade action now then in years past. 

One thing I know for sure, Chase Edmonds scored all 3 of his TD's from 20 yards out or more in week 7, that's one less 20+ TD than DJ has for his entire career. 

The young buck looks like he has "league winner" potentially in his future. 

Would accumulate in dynasty, season long, this could possibly be the smoke. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Gamesmanship I guess.

He did say on Friday if the game was played that day, DJ wouldn't play.

I think we all just kind of ignored that statement because he was active and he played well through a GTD tag the week before.

I guess the moral is that Kingsberry isn't going to give you legit status updates.  Edmonds and DJ might both be frustrating to own this year.

The only coach who is honest is Belichick, because he literally tells you nothing. Everyone else is lying.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, brosephd said:

"kamara-lite"

I'm thinking more like Kamara Code Red.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, FritzLn said:

Did anyone see Matthew Berry’s rant about what happened Sunday on his podcast? 😆😆

I saw it on the ESPN fantasy app. Refreshing to know I’m not the only one who gets that upset about this silly game. 

I started Chase though 😎

He had a similar rant last year, a little bit better.  But he does spend so much time into his "job" things like this might get to him a little.  I think it's more for the show.😁. Chase looks like a real stud this year, every game, so he will get on the field.  Hard predicting how this plays out.

• Like 1

All the "experts" are pissed bc NOBODY had this story Saturday afternoon or Sunday. To me it's sour grapes, and I find it pretty interesting that the AZ Cardinals twitter handle decided to troll FF GM's last night, to me all that adds up to a bunch of nonsense. 

Put Edmonds on the card every week and live with the results ROS, outside of Ekeler it's the first 40 burger I've gotten out of a back all year, the upside is just too great in regards to this season to NOT start him. 

Edmond's burst through the hole via the run blocking scheme is electric. Finding stuff like this, regardless of how it plays out, is what makes FF fun. 

Trade this away at peak value now and risk trading away the chip in 2019. 

Edited by The Gridiron Assassin
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

The only coach who is honest is Belichick, because he literally tells you nothing. Everyone else is lying.

Kingsberry was actually honest in his statements, he said that he wouldn't have played if the game was on Friday, and he didn't play in a meaningful way on Sunday.

Most of us just chose to accept him being active to mean that Edmonds wouldn't have a meaningful role.

• Like 1

Player                  Edmonds              McCaffrey

Height                   5’ 9”                       5’ 11”

Weight                 205                         202

40 Yd Dash          4.55                        4.48

Bench Press        19                           10                          

Vertical                 34.0                        37.5

Broad Jump        122.0                     121.0

3 Cone Drill         6.79                        6.57

20 Yd Shuttle     4.07                        4.22

60 Yd Shuttle     11.63                     11.03

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

One thing I know for sure, Chase Edmonds scored all 3 of his TD's from 20 yards out or more in week 7, that's one less 20+ TD than DJ has for his entire career.

I am impressed by what we have seen from Edmonds - the athleticism and burst.  But those 20+ yard TD runs - wow, were those big holes.  We've seen him be great with less to work with but he was pretty much untouched on those 3 scores due to the Giants D and/or the Cardinal O line/run scheme.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:00 PM, n4sa said:

This years' Alvin Kamara.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, FritzLn said:

Hilarious! I don't own any shares of the backfield so perhaps mostly because I don't think very highly (to put it kindly) of Matthew Berry, neither in terms of entertainment value or as a so called fantasy "expert". Ironically, this meltdown is probably the best he ever put out. But it's pretty damn entertaining, I give him that!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Alconbury said:

Hilarious! I don't own any shares of the backfield so perhaps mostly because I don't think very highly (to put it kindly) of Matthew Berry, neither in terms of entertainment value or as a so called fantasy "expert". Ironically, this meltdown is probably the best he ever put out. But it's pretty damn entertaining, I give him that!

This is Gold Jerry.... GOLD!!

I've been following Berry's advice columns and podcast for over 15 years and I absolutely love this. This is the angriest he's ever been but you gotta love the passion and the fire. 

I don't own DJ and I did start Chase but I can understand why people would be Peeved off by the Cardinals Twitter Troll.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alconbury said:

If Berry was really an expert, he would have started both DJ and Edmonds, like several smart owners did. 

My response to his rant: "Well at the end of the day it's YOUR team...YOUR decisions. No one else is to blame but you." 

(my parody of the tireless trope he has spewed for the past decade whenever people get mad at him for following his league losing advice)

• Like 1

Are you guys rolling him out there vs NO?  Tough match-up but I think he could be a flex worthy floor in the event DJ plays... and if not..?

1 minute ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Are you guys rolling him out there vs NO?  Tough match-up but I think he could be a flex worthy floor in the event DJ plays... and if not..?

Think it's obvious DJ plays. Edmonds will have value in PPR guaranteed but whether or not the Cards decide to ditch DJ or turn this into a 50-50 is a toss up. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

If DJ isn't playing it's a no-brainer (for reference I plan to start him over Sony Michel in my FLEX spot if that were the case).  If he does play then I think Edmonds is a high upside FLEX play with some risk given we have yet to see how this backfield shakes out with a healthy(ish) DJ.

3 hours ago, joshua18 said:

If Berry was really an expert, he would have started both DJ and Edmonds, like several smart owners did. 

My response to his rant: "Well at the end of the day it's YOUR team...YOUR decisions. No one else is to blame but you." 

(my parody of the tireless trope he has spewed for the past decade whenever people get mad at him for following his league losing advice)

Starting DJ was smart?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, joshua18 said:

If Berry was really an expert, he would have started both DJ and Edmonds, like several smart owners did

By smart you mean desperate during a bye week right?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Starting DJ was smart?

In hindsight of course not. But due to the unknowns surrounding DJ coming into the game, with Kingsbury saying Friday that he wouldn't have played if the game was that day, there were legitimate concerns about how big role he would have (even though the lopsided distribution it ended up being I don't think anyone foresaw). Starting both vs a bottom-barrel defense vs RB (averaging 23.7 half-ppr points per game to backfields) was definitely the safe and smart move going into the game. Eliminating the risk, setting up for, in theory, a respectable 23.7/2 points (RB2 numbers) for two of your starters.

I don't have any shares of this backfield, but I have used this strategy before when there's been injury concerns with a starter.

There's obviously situations in tough matchups where you need to shoot for upside, of course. But in general, "guaranteed" RB2 numbers for two starters definitely won't ruin your week and more often than not it's enough to put you in a position to win.

14 minutes ago, Alconbury said:

In hindsight of course not. But due to the unknowns surrounding DJ coming into the game, with Kingsbury saying Friday that he wouldn't have played if the game was that day, there were legitimate concerns about how big role he would have (even though the lopsided distribution it ended up being I don't think anyone foresaw). Starting both vs a bottom-barrel defense vs RB (averaging 23.7 half-ppr points per game to backfields) was definitely the safe and smart move going into the game. Eliminating the risk, setting up for, in theory, a respectable 23.7/2 points (RB2 numbers) for two of your starters.

I don't have any shares of this backfield, but I have used this strategy before when there's been injury concerns with a starter.

There's obviously situations in tough matchups where you need to shoot for upside, of course. But in general, "guaranteed" RB2 numbers for two starters definitely won't ruin your week and more often than not it's enough to put you in a position to win.

Given that DJ was a game time decision the week prior and still yielded a lion's share of the work, against a defense that had been hemorrhaging pass yards, that Daniel Jones had looked competent in some previous starts and the Cardinals defense had been a disaster, and that Edmonds has had two useable games in his career prior to this and DJ was a first rounder, and that his role has been difficult to peg with him in the lineup, I can't agree with you that starting two backs on this offense seemed smart WITHOUT the benefit of hindsight.

I suppose you could say, "didn't you look a the weather report" but in the past passing games have been functional with light winds even in the rain.

Of course if you had a bunch of injuries or byes starting both may have been your only option.  But I don't think putting Edmonds in your lineup on Sunday was the "smart" call.  I think it was the lucky call.

Edited by JE7HorseGod