The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

16 hours ago, aapox said:

Go ahead and sit this one out, DJ. That we can all start Chase Edmonds and enjoy the 5 points he gets us when New Orleans shuts him down. :X

Leaving 30+ (you have to believe 90% of people who owned Edmonds) those points were on our bench, so damn 90% are rolling out Edmonds. We can’t have that happen two weeks in a row. 

11 hours ago, sSektor said:

Darren Waller and the Pats D say hello.

waller was such a hyped sleeper that he wasn't even a sleeper anymore. he probably was at least auto-drafted in most leagues

Edited by FritzLn

Yeahhhh, Johnson might be hitting the IR.....wtf. Who cares about Edmonds for the next 4 weeks, this could be a season long player soon.

Just now, ColoWrex said:

That's got to mean this DJ injury is much more serious than let on no? Edmonds unleashed?

• Like 1

Field Yates: The Cardinals have signed RB Zach Zenner in addition to Alfred Morris, a suggestion that David Johnson might not be available to play Sunday vs. the Saints.

• Like 3

Sounds like DJ will be out this week.

Let's see how Edmonds plays with the pressure on him as the main RB

2 minutes ago, Pooskay said:

Sounds like DJ will be out this week.

Let's see how Edmonds plays with the pressure on him as the main RB

I mean, it won't be good. I own Edmonds and I know the Saints are not going to let him run on them. So I'm hoping his play in the dumpoff game is solid. They didn't sign any 3rd down passing backs so that is a good sign.

But assume that this weekend will be disappointing, it's just a realistic POV.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Yeahhhh, Johnson might be hitting the IR.....wtf. Who cares about Edmonds for the next 4 weeks, this could be a season long player soon.

I doubt it. They signed two RBs since DJ Foster is hurt too and Edmonds was the only healthy back. DJ should be back next week. 

• Haha 1

The value of ole Cha Isko is skyrocketing in week 8. 

I shall use him for evil! To the ship we go !! 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bigboyish said:

That's got to mean this DJ injury is much more serious than let on no? Edmonds unleashed?

Not really, they had three healthy RBs and now they have one. So, it made sense for them to sign two guys since the 3rd string is hurt too. They are still in the mix for that last playoff spot, so bringing up practice squad guys isn't really an option.

Edited by FitzMagic
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, TheFire said:

I doubt it. They signed two RBs since DJ Foster is hurt too and Edmonds was the only healthy back. DJ should be back next week. 

Possibly so. But strange they were fine with 2 backs last week and suddenly need three this week.

Has anyone said anything about his upcoming schedule and that we should sell high? Don't think anyone has. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, twistedude said:

Upcoming schedule prior to bye is not pretty (SFx2 and NO). Sell high.

Nahhhh. This is what they call a Leeeeeg Winner 

The only guarantees in NFL are NE going 16-0 and Miami/Cinci going 0-16 or 1-15. Even Chase Edmons can break all opposite trends!!!!!!

sorry boys.. all 200lbs of chase will be crushed after he meets a couple real defenses like SFx2 and NO... sell sell sell

• Haha 1

I really don't know how to interpret this situation. If DJ is only out one week (which is what this is pointing towards), spending a chunk of FAAB on this guy seems unwise. 

If DJ comes back then sure, maybe he is still relevant, but is he only relevant in PPR? Outside of last week he hasn't been getting tons of volume. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Theoneupper said:

Has anyone said anything about his upcoming schedule and that we should sell high? Don't think anyone has. 

3e57yy.jpg

1 minute ago, vthokie3 said:

honestly conflicted about selling or not

Selling high would be tempting but u really could have something big here.  And those rare times we get our hands on that, we win titles.  

• Like 2