The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

16 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

DJ's projection just went to 0 on ESPN. Chase's projection has been updated to 14. (PPR)

That means nothing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

I highly doubt Morris would overtake Edmonds as the #1 back for ARI. 

That's not what I'm saying.

What I am saying is that they are concerned about RB depth from scrimmage, not just ST depth.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

I highly doubt Morris would overtake Edmonds as the #1 back for ARI. 

Over/under 10 pts this week??

Just now, phegotgame14 said:

Over, only cause they use him in the passing game, and they will have to playing the saints

DJs injury is probably much worse than expected, the fact they go out and get 2 rbs 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, murraythek said:

Would you guys hold onto this guy or try and trade him for Mattison? 

DJ is “hurt” but Cook could survive the whole season. Edmonds has been very impressive. I’d hold/play ROS.

1 hour ago, phegotgame14 said:

over he will have 100 total yards. Murray will have to check down a lot against the Saints which should lead to nice little chunks for Edmonds. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

This is what perplexes me. They go sign not 1, but 2 RB's? 

Zach Zenner was signed not just because he's a running back, but because he was on the Saints last week and just got cut.  The Cards get to pick his brain about the Saint's playbook and help prep against them Sunday.

i realize the upcoming defenses are tough for RBs, but the Cards play alot of 4 WR sets, and that leaves light boxes for RBs-- theoretically giving more room to run.  I've seen a number of articles earlier in the year pointing out David Johnon was a buy low candidate for that very reason, and they were right if you look at the Cards RBs as a whole.  Also, Chase Edmonds just looks more explosive as runner than Johnson, which is not surprising since his athletic numbers at the combine were very good. 

Edited by rocket
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Why would anyone trade Edmonds for Mattison??? Like seriously....DJ looks like he might not even last the season, I swear the thought process in here is ehhh

Yeah I don't get it either. Mattison is a solid cuff and he's actually available in half my leagues. Edmonds is currently an RB1 with DJ out and still a flex with DJ.

19 minutes ago, rocket said:

I've seen a number of articles earlier in the year pointing out David Johnon was a buy low candidate 

I'd love to see some links, because EVERY article and prediction I saw had Johnson as something between about the 5th and 10th best fantasy RB. People were all over this guy, ooooh new coach, great new mobile QB, they're going to "use him right"  now, a lot of touches and on and on and on. Funny how quiet they are now lol 

But I don't buy that he is sailing off into the sunset and suddenly the "Edmonds era" has begun. People are as usual way overreacting to one or two big weeks by a guy

Dj has already had a back and ankle injury with 9 more games to play. Only played a snap last week and had not practiced this week yet and the Cards signed 2 RBs? Not 1 but 2! Even if DJ comes back the following week I just don’t see his body holding up any longer and lasting through the year. I’d try to trade him now if I own him and try to grab Edmonds 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bomont said:

I'd love to see some links, because EVERY article and prediction I saw had Johnson as something between about the 5th and 10th best fantasy RB. People were all over this guy, ooooh new coach, great new mobile QB, they're going to "use him right"  now, a lot of touches and on and on and on. Funny how quiet they are now lol 

But I don't buy that he is sailing off into the sunset and suddenly the "Edmonds era" has begun. People are as usual way overreacting to one or two big weeks by a guy

I'm talking about during the slow start DJ had to year -- he was a TD dependent scorer without a lot of yards, especially on the ground.  During the slow start, there was articles pointing out he was a buy low candidate because of the light boxes and that the RB numbers would pick up. One of the reasons being Kingsberry was very conservative in 4th and short situations near the goal line.  That lead to a lot of short field goals, but the potential for more TD scoring was there.  One of the things I've taken away, is that other coaches are seeing the innovative things Kingsberry is doing schematically with his RB's and taking notes.  I've never believed its the Edmonds era now, just that he looks more explosive as an runner than DJ.  For fantasy, when DJ is out, I would take whatever DJ would be ranked against an opponent and subtract a few spots to get my Edmonds ranking.  My reasoning being, DJ caught a fair number of passes down the field, and wasn't just relying on short passes.  This is not something Edmonds has shown yet.       

Edited by rocket
  • Like 1

Am I the only one who reads the tea leaves and suggests that the RB signings have nothing to do with injury and everything to do with DJ being dealt? The team is going young and he’s not a spring chicken. His contract is penalizing to a rebuild. Edmonds is young and seemingly a perfect fit in the offense. Could be way off but.....”Bruce A. is on line 2...should I tell him to hold or call back?”

Just now, Joe Odam said:

Am I the only one who reads the tea leaves and suggests that the RB signings have nothing to do with injury and everything to do with DJ being dealt? The team is going young and he’s not a spring chicken. His contract is penalizing to a rebuild. Edmonds is young and seemingly a perfect fit in the offense. Could be way off but.....”Bruce A. is on line 2...should I tell him to hold or call back?”

Not a chance. Edmonds was literally the only healthy RB on the roster last week. When DJ returns, he'll be the lead dog. Edmonds should still be flexable then, though.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, bomont said:

DJ was a top-10 RB before he got hurt... first time playing FF?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

Seems like a big jump.   Who is going to take on that albatross of a contract and part with a high pick?   

this seems more about planning for the possibility that DJ is a GTD.    You can’t go into the game with one healthy rb.   

9 hours ago, Joe Odam said:

DJ won't be dealt. He's injured and even if healthy I don't see any team wanting to take on that cap space hit

16 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

This is what perplexes me. They go sign not 1, but 2 RB's? 

Meh. Just depth really, it says more about DJ being on the way out then Edmonds getting challenged by new blood imo. 

Chase hits the hole hard, one cut runner that can be gone in a flash in their blocking scheme as seen last week w/ three house calls of 20 yards or more. I'm just gonna keep putting Chase on the starting card and live with it, this is fun. 

10 hours ago, joshua18 said:

Not a chance. Edmonds was literally the only healthy RB on the roster last week. When DJ returns, he'll be the lead dog. Edmonds should still be flexable then, though.

David Johnson has one leg in the grave in AZ. 

It's Chase SZN now. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportsfreak2744 said:

So the Cardinals deciding to trade DJ once he gets a back injury? Lol come on

Huh?

1 hour ago, scheibler said:

DJ won't be dealt. He's injured and even if healthy I don't see any team wanting to take on that cap space hit

DJ was paid 30 million w/24 million paid upfront. That means he's only owed 6 million total for the rest of this year and next, I think he is trade bait. His contract and seeing Chase put up 5.3 yards a tote to his 3.4/3.5 was the reason I stashed this on 9/25 to begin with. This feels like a league winner situation potentially. 

16 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

DJ was paid 30 million w/24 million paid upfront. That means he's only owed 6 million total for the rest of this year and next, I think he is trade bait. His contract and seeing Chase put up 5.3 yards a tote to his 3.4/3.5 was the reason I stashed this on 9/25 to begin with. This feels like a league winner situation potentially. 

I too believe that the backup RB is always 3x more talented than the highly paid and proven starter.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, sSektor said:

I too believe that the backup RB is always 3x more talented than the highly paid and proven starter.

Coaching staff loves Chase, he's on the card again after last week's 40 banger that got me the dub, do as you will, I wouldn't touch DJ with a ten foot pole. 

Fordham !