The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

Just now, The Gridiron Assassin said:

he's on the card again after last week's 40 banger that got me the dub, do as you will, I wouldn't touch DJ with a ten foot pole

Obviously because you clearly don't own both of them lol

1 minute ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Fordham ! 

started my under grad there - a more beautiful urban campus one will not find ... JESUITS, BABY!

bonus points for the runs up to the Cloisters wif some Sarah Lawrence and Bard  fillies - but, i digress...

Edmonds is the real deal, folks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, sSektor said:

Obviously because you clearly don't own both of them lol

Never owned DJ in my life and likely never will. Anyone who thinks Chase ISNT the future here is in denial. DJ on the way out, lacks burst, he's 27 and on the downside. 

20 + yard TD's for career 

DJ 3 

Chase 3 last week 

Go light a candle in the DJ thread with the rest of em, this is smoke here. 

34 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

DJ was paid 30 million w/24 million paid upfront. That means he's only owed 6 million total for the rest of this year and next, I think he is trade bait. His contract and seeing Chase put up 5.3 yards a tote to his 3.4/3.5 was the reason I stashed this on 9/25 to begin with. This feels like a league winner situation potentially. 

Arizona would have to endure something like a 16 million dollar cap hit next year in dead money. I don't think he's a trade candidate

Some things I believe about this situation.

1.) In a vacuum, Chase looks talented carrying the load.

2.) The Cardinals say that DJ is day to day.  They signed two veteran backs who have from scrimmage experience.

3.) I don't trust the Cardinals injury updates after last week.

Beyond that, you got me.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Arizona would have to endure something like a 16 million dollar cap hit next year in dead money. I don't think he's a trade candidate

24 million was paid up front w/ 6 million left, not sure on cap hit would have to look, in any event, I simply don't think DJ has much left anymore. Chase is in year 2, fresh legs, fresh attitude, fresh coaching staff that likes featuring him. It's catalyst city! 

3 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Some things I believe about this situation.

1.) In a vacuum, Chase looks talented carrying the load.

2.) The Cardinals say that DJ is day to day.  They signed two veteran backs who have from scrimmage experience.

3.) I don't trust the Cardinals injury updates after last week.

Beyond that, you got me.

I'm just starting him, I play in a deep AF league, had to stash him in week 3 just to get him. Kid quick and decisive, I'm all in here for at least this SZN. As far as "could be" "reading the tea leaves" situations, this is as good as it gets. Close 2nd Hendo Darrell Henderson, that one just needs a little more time to cook. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Never owned DJ in my life and likely never will. Anyone who thinks Chase ISNT the future here is in denial. DJ on the way out, lacks burst, he's 27 and on the downside. 

20 + yard TD's for career 

DJ 3 

Chase 3 last week 

Go light a candle in the DJ thread with the rest of em, this is smoke here. 

Terrible take. DJ could’ve done that last week too. Edmonds was basically untouched on all 3. DJ could be traded next season if they like Edmonds, but to say DJ is done is laughable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

24 million was paid up front w/ 6 million left, not sure on cap hit would have to look, in any event, I simply don't think DJ has much left anymore. Chase is in year 2, fresh legs, fresh attitude, fresh coaching staff that likes featuring him. It's catalyst city! 

Correct. Johnson gets all that money right away, but the hit gets spread across the length of the contract (3 years) to make it easier for the Cardinals financially. Trading him or cutting him makes makes the remainder of cap hit across all years effective immediately. Seeing that this is only Year 1 of his new deal, the hit is a minimum of 16 million for just what's owed in 2020 and 2021. That doesn't reflect the remainder of what's accounted for in 2019, so its probably closer to 20 million

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tpat30 said:

Terrible take. DJ could’ve done that last week too. Edmonds was basically untouched on all 3. DJ could be traded next season if they like Edmonds, but to say DJ is done is laughable.

3.5 a tote says otherwise, that is pedestrian. Chase literally had as many 20+ yard house calls as DJ has in his career. 

Bye DJ 

Bye 

• Like 2

I think the back injury is worse than they are indicating, DJ is probably getting shelved soon.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Krambone said:

I think the back injury is worse than they are indicating, DJ is probably getting shelved soon.

::cosign::

Just now, The Gridiron Assassin said:

3.5 a tote says otherwise, that is pedestrian. Chase literally had as many 20+ yard house calls as DJ has in his career. 

Bye DJ 

Bye 

What a game for him in front of his friends and family.   He had that one circled and with DJ hurt- the stars aligned.   We could be looking at double digit touches weekly for Chase ROS.    Much love to go around in the KK offense.  

But....if DJ can go he’s still the guy.   Let’s not kid ourselves. 

Just now, Krambone said:

Also super possible. Week 8, it's go time, and Chase Edmonds has all the makings of a league winner. 

AZ runs more plays then anyone, and AZ sees the least amount of loaded boxes in the league due to offensive formation construction and Kyler Murray. 

19 hours ago, kball09 said:

For those talking about trading him, I'm not clear on what you're even getting. I have Edmonds everywhere, but don't think there is anyone out there willing to give value for him. So I wait it out and hope he can be the starter for a few weeks this season and/or Johnson eventually shuts it down

I got offered Courtland Sutton for a reference point. I haven’t accepted but I do think you could get decent value for him if you don’t think he will continue being an asset. I’m pretty torn myself about what is going to happen here. Could be he gets stuffed in NO, DJ comes back and we are lucky he scores 10. Or he could become a featured part of their offense and be a top 20 back. What sketches me out is that all three of his good games came against the worst defenses in the league. The game before he started popping was against Seattle and he did nothing like 6 carries for 39 years and a catch for short yardage. I could see it going back to that soon. Then again this ride is so tempting to stay on this is why we play fantasy. 

2 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

What a game for him in front of his friends and family.   He had that one circled and with DJ hurt- the stars aligned.   We could be looking at double digit touches weekly for Chase ROS.    Much love to go around in the KK offense.  

But....if DJ can go he’s still the guy.   Let’s not kid ourselves. 

Most people don't know backs are dead until after they die. 

Ex. Adrian Peterson w/ the Saints. 

That's how I drafted Kamara. 

ALL IN

2 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

ALL IN

fair counter LOL.   That is the exception though- which I’m sure you realize.   He is fun to watch.    Just bear in mind he doesn’t play the Giants every week 💩 

• Like 2

27 is a little young to announce an RBs demise.  I get the reason for excitement here, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Banged up does not equal washed up.

• Like 2

I agree he's had some cupcakes on the schedule, however in PPR I think ole Cha Isko has a solid floor weekly due to his pass catching ability. AZ runs a one cut zone scheme bc they have few athletes on the O line. The whole run game is setup through misdirection and the defense having to respect multiple threats at the snap of the ball. 

If Chase gets the RB1 gig here and stays healthy, he'll be an absolute monster. 

F u c k in heater !! Firing this up weekly like a savage who just found some other pirate's buried treasure !! FTW!

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Impreza178 said:

fair counter LOL.   That is the exception though- which I’m sure you realize.   He is fun to watch.    Just bear in mind he doesn’t play the Giants every week 💩 

Bengals, Falcons, and Giants. I'd feel great if he was playing those sieves every week. However, I am very worried if DJ doesn't come back.

3 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

27 is a little young to announce an RBs demise.  I get the reason for excitement here, but let's not get ahead of ourselves. 

Banged up does not equal washed up.

Washed up in AZ. He'll resurface elsewhere and do the AP thing as long as they let him.

If we're using the argument that 27 year old backs are washed up to diminish DJ and support Edmonds' claim to the throne, I dunno if Adrian Peterson is the best example.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeteAd01/gamelog/2012/

I'm not ruling out that DJ might be succumbing to injury, but the Saints year in question he was 32.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

ALL IN

Sorry, I have a hard time taking you seriously because you seem to pump up your RB prospects to irrational levels. I can never tell if it's shtick or not. Weren't you doing this same bit in the Henderson thread a week ago?

2 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

If we're using the argument that 27 year old backs are washed up to diminish DJ and support Edmonds' claim to the throne, I dunno if Adrian Peterson is the best example.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/P/PeteAd01/gamelog/2012/

I'm not ruling out that DJ might be succumbing to injury, but the Saints year in question he was 32.

Different stories, AP is a freak of nature, DJ is not.