The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Just now, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Different stories, AP is a juice freak, teeming wif 'roid rage, DJ is not. 

 

fixed. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

 

fixed. 

The fix made me laugh my a** off, almost spit my 4th cup of coffee everywhere. 

 

* sparks blunt

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Die hard Bears fan but If ole Cha Isko carries me to the ship, I'll buy his jersey and wear that mfer around Chicago. 

 

After all, rings are forever, and I have a feeling, something is happening here. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DJ didn't practice again today lol

Just put him on IR, dude couldn't put a cast on and play thru his broken pinky

Edited by CABLE87
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Different stories, AP is a freak of nature, DJ is not. 

DJ's not Peterson, but he's been an extremely talented RB in his own right.

We're sitting here throwing dirt on his grave and two weeks he had 23 touches for a combined 156 yards.

Being enthusiastic about Edmonds and using cool kid lingo isn't going to effect his medical prognosis.

He hasn't experienced what is typically viewed as a season ending injury and I would doubt highly that the surprisingly contending Cardinals are gonna trade him before next Wednesday.

Maybe his stuff does linger.  But for now, Edmonds is filling in.  Let's see what happens.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JE7HorseGod said:

DJ's not Peterson, but he's been an extremely talented RB in his own right.

We're sitting here throwing dirt on his grave and two weeks he had 23 touches for a combined 156 yards.

Being enthusiastic about Edmonds and using cool kid lingo isn't going to effect his medical prognosis.

He hasn't experienced what is typically viewed as a season ending injury and I would doubt highly that the surprisingly contending Cardinals are gonna trade him before next Wednesday.

Maybe his stuff does linger.  But for now, Edmonds is filling in.  Let's see what happens.

All great points, I just think he is broken. 

 

It's like the matchbox car that used to be your favorite matchbox car but now it's all dented and rusted bc you left it outside in the sandbox too long. 

 

Chase is the new shiny matchbox car, Ferrari red. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

All great points, I just think he is broken. 

 

It's like the matchbox car that used to be your favorite matchbox car but now it's all dented and rusted bc you left it outside in the sandbox too long. 

 

Chase is the new shiny matchbox car, Ferrari red. 

But just like Chicago in the winter, sometimes you have to keep the Ferrari in the garage if the beater is running so you're not up to your ears detailing salt stains.

It's in the shop and Allstate ain't totaled it out yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

9 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

DJ didn't practice again today lol

Just put him on IR, dude couldn't put a cast on and play thru his broken pinky

 

I don't think the Cardinals will release a practice report for another several hours. I think whatever you saw refers to yesterday (Wednesday). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have Edmonds and want him to be the man as much as anybody....

But all this seems pretty premature to me.  I mean, we don't even know that DJ is out this week....Much less multiple weeks.  People in here are acting he was just put on IR or something.

Between the schedule over the next 3-4 weeks and DJ possibly not even being all that injured, feels a little like the hype train is out of control.

Again, I hope Edmonds keeps blowing up.  But I'm proceeding with caution.  For all we know it's maybe 1 week off for DJ and then Edmonds is back to being bench fodder.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

 

 

I don't think the Cardinals will release a practice report for another several hours. I think whatever you saw refers to yesterday (Wednesday). 

 

You're right that's my bad, 

He won't practice today anyways lol (I hope)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I have Edmonds and want him to be the man as much as anybody....

But all this seems pretty premature to me.  I mean, we don't even know that DJ is out this week....Much less multiple weeks.  People in here are acting he was just put on IR or something.

Between the schedule over the next 3-4 weeks and DJ possibly not even being all that injured, feels a little like the hype train is out of control.

Again, I hope Edmonds keeps blowing up.  But I'm proceeding with caution.  For all we know it's maybe 1 week off for DJ and then Edmonds is back to being bench fodder.

seems like the right call

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I have Edmonds and want him to be the man as much as anybody....

But all this seems pretty premature to me.  I mean, we don't even know that DJ is out this week....Much less multiple weeks.  People in here are acting he was just put on IR or something.

Between the schedule over the next 3-4 weeks and DJ possibly not even being all that injured, feels a little like the hype train is out of control.

Again, I hope Edmonds keeps blowing up.  But I'm proceeding with caution.  For all we know it's maybe 1 week off for DJ and then Edmonds is back to being bench fodder.

 

They signed 2 rbs, not 1 but 2. DJ didn't practice yesterday either, even if he does comeback edmonds is going to be in the mix anyways.

Edited by CABLE87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I own just Edmonds in one league and Edmonds and DJ in another.  I would rather they just hold DJ out this week to allow him to heal.  No more game-time decision b.s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sSektor said:

 

I too believe that the backup RB is always 3x more talented than the highly paid and proven starter.


Only if the backup is on your roster while the starter is not. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

DJ was paid 30 million w/24 million paid upfront. That means he's only owed 6 million total for the rest of this year and next, I think he is trade bait. His contract and seeing Chase put up 5.3 yards a tote to his 3.4/3.5 was the reason I stashed this on 9/25 to begin with. This feels like a league winner situation potentially. 

Where are you getting these contract numbers from? DJ carries a dead cap of $16,200,000 in 2020.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tts42572 said:

But all this seems pretty premature to me.

 

It is borderline impossible for someone to be objective when they own the overachieving handcuff and not the stud RB he's handcuffing. People did the same thing with DeAngelo Williams and Conner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

Traded away my breadwinner to get this kid, so I'm all in.

 

Because of one game against a terrible defense when their starting RB was hurt? Wow. When Johnson is good to go this weekend or next, Edmonds goes back to the bench. 

Edited by Dexter75
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, smeeze said:

DJ was a top-10 RB before he got hurt... first time playing FF?

:lol:  The point that flew right over your head was people acting like Edmonds is now the man and DJ will be dealt or be second fiddle etc all because he's a little dinged up and Edmonds had a good game or two.

Clearer now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do you think if you're a Chase owner it's worth trading FOR David Johnson? Or do you think Chase is the real league winner out of the two rest-of-season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, austin316 said:

Do you think if you're a Chase owner it's worth trading FOR David Johnson? Or do you think Chase is the real league winner out of the two rest-of-season?

if you dont overpay...if you can get him for a bench stash player then maybe but chances are DJ is done. if he's not...i think Chase and DJ will be a rbbc to conserve DJ's health. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, larfboy said:

if you dont overpay...if you can get him for a bench stash player then maybe but chances are DJ is done. if he's not...i think Chase and DJ will be a rbbc to conserve DJ's health. 

As someone who owns both Edmonds and DJ in a league, when DJ is fully healthy again I think I'm going to have a headache making lineup decisions for the rest of the year because I think they'll both be used just about evenly.  I tried starting both last week when DJ was a gtd and Edmonds scored 35 in my league to bail me out but that won't happen every week and I still lost.  Though the odds are very slim of it happening this year, I wouldn't mind at all if DJ is traded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

I'm going to have a headache making lineup decisions for the rest of the year because I think they'll both be used just about evenly.

 

Go with the one that is a lock for consistent goalline and passing work. That is clearly DJ, despite what the "next Kamara league winner" hype crowd wants. Edmonds has been averaging like 2 catches a game when DJ plays and even last week only caught 2. You can throw Edmonds in the flex if you don't have better options.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.