The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, austin316 said:

Do you think if you're a Chase owner it's worth trading FOR David Johnson? Or do you think Chase is the real league winner out of the two rest-of-season?

I don't think it matters if you are a Chase owner or not.  If DJ is healthy, then he probably gets at least 50% of carries and most of the passing down work which of course still has a ton of value and arguably more than Edmonds if both healthy.  

• Haha 2

Jeez at least post his NFL rookie highlights over that.

Edited by sSektor

9 hours ago, tts42572 said:

I have Edmonds and want him to be the man as much as anybody....

But all this seems pretty premature to me.  I mean, we don't even know that DJ is out this week....Much less multiple weeks.  People in here are acting he was just put on IR or something.

Between the schedule over the next 3-4 weeks and DJ possibly not even being all that injured, feels a little like the hype train is out of control.

Again, I hope Edmonds keeps blowing up.  But I'm proceeding with caution.  For all we know it's maybe 1 week off for DJ and then Edmonds is back to being bench fodder.

Agree.

I'm debating whether or not to try to flip Edmonds and sell him high for a top 20 WR.  But obviously without knowing DJ's health, it's hard.  If DJ is broken, then of course you hold.  If he will indeed be healthy, then Edmonds value will never be higher than it is now.  But sell now and if we're wrong about DJ, then you could be shipping away a potential league winner. I think DJ comes back in a week or so and perhaps then we could hope for a 50-50 RBBC.  

1 hour ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

At this point, I think you have to start Edmonds over him, even if DJ is "active"... brutal situation.

I can't wait to watch him v the Saints. Be curious how they defend/combat this spread, most teams are staying in dime and it allows DJ and now Edmonds to run against incredibly soft fronts and light boxes. KK is really dialing up some nice run calls outta these 4 WR formats too. Saints are a bit different though, as they utilize a wide variety of defensive schemes within the 'big nickel' alignments and have some really good safeties that can press up against the slots and come up and tackle like LBs. Plus you will have a rowdy dome crowd giving their stud d-line that extra half second to get off the ball. Should be a really telling week for both teams. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I can't wait to watch him v the Saints. Be curious how they defend/combat this spread, most teams are staying in dime and it allows DJ and now Edmonds to run against incredibly soft fronts and light boxes. KK is really dialing up some nice run calls outta these 4 WR formats too. Saints are a bit different though, as they utilize a wide variety of defensive schemes within the 'big nickel' alignments and have some really good safeties that can press up against the slots and come up and tackle like LBs. Plus you will have a rowdy dome crowd giving their stud d-line that extra half second to get off the ball. Should be a really telling week for both teams. 

Arizona is probably going to fall behind multiple scores in the 1st half. I'm not hopeful at all especially since we've barely seen Chase catch passes.

1 hour ago, sSektor said:

Arizona is probably going to fall behind multiple scores in the 1st half. I'm not hopeful at all especially since we've barely seen Chase catch passes.

Has 30 catches on 38 targets going back to last year. Not a huge sample size, but not bad. If DJ sits and the cards most likely fall behind, then I can see Chase getting 5-6 catches. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Psideresider said:

Has 30 catches on 38 targets going back to last year. Not a huge sample size, but not bad. If DJ sits and the cards most likely fall behind, then I can see Chase getting 5-6 catches. 

i agree with this. We've seen enough involvement and ability. Who else gonna catch? Alf or ZZ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Why is Zona just not ruling out DJ?  He's gunna make his injury worse.  

That's what I think.  Edmonds showed that he can carry the load last week, let DJ sit out a week and let him heal.

1 hour ago, HeHateMe23 said:

Why is Zona just not ruling out DJ?  He's gunna make his injury worse.  

Throw the opposing team off I guess? Keeping secrets from your opponent on who to prepare for. 

Football wise it makes sense - fantasy wise it's a PITA. 

Since Kamara is on the saints I don’t think they have to prepare for any RB. It’s like Rocky chasing the chicken. If you can catch that chicken you can catch any chicken.

Kingsberry DGAF about magik fooseball. 

Playing the injury report is part of his gameplanning.

This'll be the new normal for all his guys I suspect.

6 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Kingsberry DGAF about magik fooseball. 

Playing the injury report is part of his gameplanning.

This'll be the new normal for all his guys I suspect.

He's been calling Kirk a GTD for weeks now and he has not been closing to playing (until maybe this week).

• Like 1

Just now, BlueDevils2202 said:

He's been calling Kirk a GTD for weeks now and he has not been closing to playing (until maybe this week).

The devil's in the parenthesis.

• Haha 1

Saints could be without Eli Apple and Patrick Robinson, they were limited today I believe.

46 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Saints could be without Eli Apple and Patrick Robinson, they were limited today I believe.

How do you inherit the last name "Apple?"  lol.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

How do you inherit the last name "Apple?"  lol.

His Dad’s last name is Apple? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

His Dad’s last name is Apple? 

I get that but do you know of anyone else ever who has the last name of a fruit other than maybe ex-baseball player Darryl Strawberry and maybe a handful of guys with the last name Cherry?