The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Sternes said:

giphy.gif

No one does.

If they tell you they do, they're lying.

Especially his coach.

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out in a week or two that DJ is put on season ending IR, which would make this Chase dude a LEEG WINNER.

Lots of places I've been reading to sell high on Chase, but I think RBs are scarce and better to hold.  DJ already dinged up and this guy is at worse in a RBBC with standalone flex value with the potential for RB1 numbers if DJ out.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, CooL said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out in a week or two that DJ is put on season ending IR, which would make this Chase dude a LEEG WINNER.

Lots of places I've been reading to sell high on Chase, but I think RBs are scarce and better to hold.  DJ already dinged up and this guy is at worse in a RBBC with standalone flex value with the potential for RB1 numbers if DJ out.

I don't know about IR for DJ. But, I started both last week and got the 30+ points from Chase and the virtual zero from DJ but still managed to win. As far as this week, starting Chase, DJ is on my bench. Watched the game, Chase is a scat back with wheels and if he gets the blocks he can take any run/pass to the house. Starting him in a iffy match. He reminds me of RB Sanders, just get him a block off the LOS and he is gone. He, like Sanders can get bottled up and lose yardage as well. He's not big, he needs the OL to get him past the LOS. He's shifty, quick and fast. Starting him and crosses fingers!

Guess I'm starting Edmonds and benching DJ? So frickin' crazy man, IDK. 

Wish they'd just shoot straight, one way or the other. 

3 hours ago, sjm76 said:

I get that but do you know of anyone else ever who has the last name of a fruit other than maybe ex-baseball player Darryl Strawberry and maybe a handful of guys with the last name Cherry?

Don Lemon

10 hours ago, snowbound said:

Chet Lemon

Meadowlark Lemon

Matthew Berry!

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

Interesting PFF nugget here "So far this season, he’s been much more effective independent of his blocking than Johnson. Edmonds is averaging 3.25 yards after contact per attempt, which is over a yard more than Johnson’s 2.01." This kids got juice. 

Also in conjunction with the latest rotoblurb on him" 

ESPN's Josh Weinfuss expects Chase Edmonds to maintain a "significant role" even when David Johnson (questionable, ankle) is fully healthy.

"I think David’s gonna get a few more touches just because he’s David Johnson," Weinfuss added. "But if he doesn’t produce, I don’t think Kliff Kingsbury would mind going with Edmonds if they start to win games and get in the playoff hunt. And they can do a lot of stuff on the field at the same time, with Johnson running more receiving routes." The Cardinals haven't ruled out Johnson for Sunday, but he's not expected to play after missing practice all week. Coming off a career Week 7, Edmonds would put some heat on Johnson's snaps if he has another strong game."

Zero practice from DJ this week, fire this horse up, tough matchup but if he smashes it, this backfield split can be extremely interesting going forward. 

• Like 2

This article is a good read.  I attached some excerpts about the run game.  Also, note that David Johnson is averaging lower yards per carry than Chase Edmonds, That means to be leading the NFL in running DVOA, its not on the back of DJ, but on Chase Edmonds, whose upped that average.  I was down on David Johnson earlier this year because of the offensive line, but the scheme and having a running QB that can weaponize read/pass options is making the run game takeoff.   

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/10/kliff-kingsbury-arizona-cardinals-offense-innovation

"The run game is a good place to start. Two weeks ago, the Cardinals led the NFL in running DVOA and currently rank third in Expected Points Added. Surprisingly, it’s been the ground game that has carried this Air Raid attack during the first half of the season.

When an NFL team is running the football effectively, a good offensive line is usually the catalyst. Not in Arizona. No starter on the offensive line has a PFF run-blocking grade higher than 55.5 (out of 100). Instead of trying to overpower opposing fronts, the Cardinals have spread things out in an effort to create space for their runners, and it has worked.

Arizona leads the league in 10 personnel usage (when there’s one running back and no tight ends on the field), which has buoyed this run game by forcing defenses to take linebackers out of the game and defenders out of the box. Going into Sunday, the Cardinals led the league in rush attempts out of four-receiver sets with 44. And when I say led the league, I don’t just mean the other 31 teams individually. I mean the lead the rest of the league COMBINED. The other 31 teams have totaled just 29 carries out of 10 personnel.

It’s not just the spread formations boosting the Cardinals’ run game. Kingbsury has attached QB reads and run-pass options to almost all of his runs, which further manipulates numbers in the box. And for those of you ready to scream “Chip Kelly” right now, stop: His run game featured about three or four run concepts; Kingsbury throws two or three new wrinkles at defenses every week.

Arizona has the most diverse run game in the NFL right now and I’m not sure it’s even close."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

* David Johnson (ankle) is once again a game-time call after failing to practice this week. Even if DJ plays, another “start” and three-snap outing is entirely in the cards, making backup Chase Edmonds an involved RB2 no matter the former’s game day status. Edmonds would become an opportunity-driven Top 20 play if Johnson’s scratched (despite squaring off against New Orleans’ No. 9 rush defense DVOA) since the second-year pro would be in line for reps similar to last week when he logged a position-high 94 percent of Arizona’s snaps. Cardinals beat Josh Weinfuss reported Chase Edmonds is expected to maintain a “significant role” even if Johnson’s active the rest of the year, anyhow. Christian Kirk (ankle, questionable) was also limited throughout the week, but instantly garner’s WR3 recognition if available.

https://www.rotoworld.com/article/last-minute-decisions/injury-report-week-8-3

• Thanks 1

Christian Kirk coming back would be huge for sustaining drives against the Saints. Not that the Cards have any chance of winning but still.

• Like 1

DJ ruled out for the next 2 games (according to Schefter). Time for Edmonds to show if he’s actually for real against 2 good defenses.

• Like 2

if he does well in the run game vs. saints and niners, i'll be surprised and deem him legit. always thought of chase more of pass catching back/3rd down which he might get more work in these next to weeks which im fine with in PPR leagues.

• Haha 1

Need him tomorrow, so good news. Let’s go Edmonds! 

spacer.png

Edited by Psideresider

21 hours ago, pascuccis1 said:

Interesting PFF nugget here "So far this season, he’s been much more effective independent of his blocking than Johnson. Edmonds is averaging 3.25 yards after contact per attempt, which is over a yard more than Johnson’s 2.01." This kids got juice. 

I wouldn’t make much of that right now considering the defenses he’s faced. Although I’m excited to not have to deal with the DJ mess for two weeks, I think statistics like that a pretty meaningless.

We're about to leave the station in a few hours fellas

2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Choochoo

4 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Can I sit next to you?

• Thanks 1

Just now, oresteszero said:

Can I sit next to you?

You’ll probably have to sit on his lap because I think the train is about full brother!!

Just now, Silkk1211 said:

You’ll probably have to sit on his lap because I think the train is about full brother!!

giphy.gif

But in all reality, I wouldn't be surprised if he barely reaches half of the production he did last week, but still 17 PPR is good enough for me.