The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Quick summary for those that can’t watch right now?

Just now, gufomel said:

50/50

• Thanks 1

Just now, gufomel said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Kidding me?

At the time Chris Johnson was still thought of as a slightly older version of the fastest back on the planet.

DJ was just a kid no one knew anything about unless you were from Iowa.

DJ's numbers were absolutely unreal on a per touch basis that year. The writing was on the wall very early on there. No one thought CJ was a slightly older version of his prime self. 

13 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Not really. 

At the time CJ was an aging veteran and Johnson was known by most to be a future stud. 

He was a 4th rounder out of Northern Iowa.

He had 1 55 yard catch and like 100 yards rushing through 10 games until he supplanted Chris.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JohnDa08/gamelog/2015/

I think you guys are playing some revisionist history on this one.  But ok.

19 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

He had 1 55 yard catch and like 100 yards rushing through 10 games until he supplanted Chris.

Nope, I remember that year in my main league. He wasn’t some rando MAC RB. He was hyped in the preseason and everyone knew if he became starter he’d be legit. The guy who had him won the league 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, owenmills said:

Nope, I remember that year in my main league. He wasn’t some rando MAC RB. He was hyped in the preseason and everyone knew if he became starter he’d be legit. The guy who had him won the league 

I had him (mainly because I had CJ).

He won me the league too.  But not before I got rejected on every "sell high" offer I sent out for the first RB2 smoking, and I wasn't alone in that experience.

It wasn't until the Philly game people saw him as legit.  At least not anyone I was talking to didn't.

But I don't play in your guy's leagues, your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ColoWrex said:

DNP for DJ

He "practiced" on the sideline by himself

Edited by potatoetree

14 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Could this guy be THAT Rb that pops up every year and wins people championships? Hmmmm.

Yes. Was about to get him for free after waivers in most leagues. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Could this guy be THAT Rb that pops up every year and wins people championships? Hmmmm.

League winner.

• Thanks 1

DJ, CMC, and Gurley all a little dinged up.  Add the appropriate handcuffs if you can and see what happens this week.  Edmund was probably the highest priority since the report that DJ couldn't even sit down.  Congrats to all that snagged him.

1 minute ago, CooL said:

DJ, CMC, and Gurley all a little dinged up.  Add the appropriate handcuffs if you can and see what happens this week.  Edmund was probably the highest priority since the report that DJ couldn't even sit down.  Congrats to all that snagged him.

I'd go Edmonds - Brown - Bonnafay in order of most likely to start.

Glad I didn’t blow my wad and was still able to land him in every league. A couple leagues I snagged him for $6 and the others no one even claimed him so got him free in those! 

Got him for free in one, but think I'm gonna burn my #1 waiver on him another tonight

• Like 1

Handcuffed him, I had DJ as a keeper and he was #1 priority. I just hope DJ is in or out, cause I don’t have the sack to start Edmonds over him if he’s active.

Edited by BRIGUY11

I'm glad I have him yada yada, but until Johnson is DNP tomorrow and Friday let's not hold our breath. Wednesday practices mean jack.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, kball09 said:

I'm glad I have him yada yada, but until Johnson is DNP tomorrow and Friday let's not hold our breath. Wednesday practices mean jack.

yup

most studs get a vet day off on wed and “practice on the sidelines “

as a CE owner, not holding my breath 

Answer to quesstion

1 hour ago, gufomel said:

In the video, the doctor was guessing it might be a herniated disc in the spine and possible treatments, like oral steroids, injections, etc.  Thought it unlikely to be cracked vertebrae (based on the available info) like Carson Wentz played through last year. 

My opinion is that DJ will miss a game, but that it can be managed.  I haven't watched a lot of Arizona games this year (maybe one?), but I watched a ton of them last year (it was torture), because I was a DJ owner.  The takeaway was that the coaches from last year were really high on Chase Edmonds and he ate into DJ's work last year because of that -- they liked Chase as the 3rd down back.  I grabbed Chase in one league because I'm playing the DJ owner, and don't want him to be used against me.  If DJ's out, Chase should be an RB1 with a heavy workload.

If I remember correctly, DJ was the 3rd down back his 2016 year before he took over the lead role.

Edited by rocket
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Nope. Not revisionist history. He was a 3rd string RB owned in every fantasy league from the beginning of the season. He was like the Kamara of that season. Everyone knew he'd be good. 

8 minutes ago, kball09 said:

This times 100, not sure what all the debate is about. Edmunds owner. 

If johnson out edmunds is a rb1 not doubt imo. He has shown that he can be a 3 down back and will be great.

If johnson plays. Edmunds will get a little more work than normal i think, but nothing more than a desperation play. This coming from a guy starting Chris Thompson and Hilliman from the giants, fml. 

Friday will be the determining day imo.

11 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Nope. Not revisionist history. He was a 3rd string RB owned in every fantasy league from the beginning of the season. He was like the Kamara of that season. Everyone knew he'd be good. 

Wrong. I drafted him. Held him until week 7 or 8 (somewhere around there). He wasn’t getting any carries or targets. Had to drop him. 2-3 weeks later he blew up. 

He was was a rookie with potential but a lot of people had soured in him. I would compare him to a Darrel Henderson or something like that. Obviously Curley still in prime, but DH was drafted in the middle rounds in most leagues and will be dropped in most leagues by week 8. If Gurleys knees get balky DH might become a second half stud.  But he will be or is on the waivers in a lot of places. 

35 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Sure but, “so painful that he could not sit down in front of his own locker” should mean some jack?