The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

6 hours ago, sSektor said:

Drake to Arizona. RIP Chase

Wow. So is Alfred Morris still a hold?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mbell317 said:

In the previous 3 games he averaged 21 fantasy points per game (.5 PPR format).

We should ignore that and draw conclusions from 7 carries? 

Sounds legit...

Watch the games.

• Haha 1

Looks like he’ll be out longer than DJ, and Drake cuts into his value both as a handcuff and as a standalone starter. He’s no longer near that Mattison/Pollard tier of top handcuffs, I’m personally dropping in 12 team and wouldn’t hold unless I owned DJ.

• Like 1

Pretty sure he just lost his 1B / change of pace role

Edited by sSektor

1 hour ago, jclee4 said:

Whelp that sucks.

Remember when this guy was an electric runner that was more talented than DJ? Rational people with eyes sure don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Drop. DJ is back next week, new RB#2 is Drake. Feel free to drop and add something else, perhaps even a speculative RB add like Jay Ajayi if u need RB help in deep leagues.

Does this guy recover any value coming back now that we’ve seen how beat up DJ apparently is? 

I know it’s probably the Drake show now but Edmonds really did show talent and promise, IMO. But I don’t really know enough to know what to expect. Is he a stash prospect in a deep league?

i really like his talent but he's still not back from an injury and his upcoming opponents are SF, Tampa Bay, SF again, and the Rams. Even if DJ was shut down I'm not sure I'd be comfortable starting him in a time share with Drake against those defenses which means you don't run him out there until week 14 (Steelers) or 15 (Cleveland). That means you're starting a RB in a time share probably coming off 2-4 sub-par games (depending on injury timetable) for the 1st round of the playoffs maybe. Personally that's not something I'd be interested in doing. 

Addressing the deep league bit specifically--I guess it depends on who you drop for him (of course). At the very least you know he has talent and if you want to grab him for the last person on your bench who you don't value at all why not?

Edited by yossarian
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, westcg said:

Does this guy recover any value coming back now that we’ve seen how beat up DJ apparently is? 

I know it’s probably the Drake show now but Edmonds really did show talent and promise, IMO. But I don’t really know enough to know what to expect. Is he a stash prospect in a deep league?

I don't think so. Not this season at least. He showed some promise as a runner, but they went out and got Drake because Edmonds was a zero in the pass game. Which was an issue when DJ missed time.

5 hours ago, yossarian said:

i really like his talent but he's still not back from an injury and his upcoming opponents are SF, Tampa Bay, SF again, and the Rams. Even if DJ was shut down I'm not sure I'd be comfortable starting him in a time share with Drake against those defenses which means you don't run him out there until week 14 (Steelers) or 15 (Cleveland). That means you're starting a RB in a time share probably coming off 2-4 sub-par games (depending on injury timetable) for the 1st round of the playoffs maybe. Personally that's not something I'd be interested in doing. 

Addressing the deep league bit specifically--I guess it depends on who you drop for him (of course). At the very least you know he has talent and if you want to grab him for the last person on your bench who you don't value at all why not?

You messed up his schedule. His upcoming opponents are SF, Bye, LAR, CLE, SEA.

On 11/15/2019 at 7:31 AM, smeeze said:

You messed up his schedule. His upcoming opponents are SF, Bye, LAR, CLE, SEA.

oop. thanks for the correction. i think the point still stands though. 

8 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

If he get the touches he will produce. I’m predicting heavy usage tomorrow..who’s with me?

I doubt it.   Maybe 10 touch ceiling but he's worth a poke.  Not impossible to see him seize the role from two mediocre rbs who aren't long term options.

44 minutes ago, clintrad4 said:

I doubt it.   Maybe 10 touch ceiling but he's worth a poke.  Not impossible to see him seize the role from two mediocre rbs who aren't long term options.

10 touches/catches is all you need in ppr. Arrow pointing up imo

Crazier things have happened. I think best case scenario would be going bonkers on a handful of touches and pushing the issue. Likewise, that would be a best case scenario of him being an incredibly dicey option w upside going in to the first round of a lot of playoffs. I’m pessimistic, but I do like the talent.

Just don't see anything happening again this season.