The G Man

Chase Edmonds 2019 Outlook

41 minutes ago, yanksman said:

Nope. Not revisionist history. He was a 3rd string RB owned in every fantasy league from the beginning of the season. He was like the Kamara of that season. Everyone knew he'd be good. 

Not true. I remember it being as the other poster stated. 

Also Kamara had Ingram and Peterson in front of him so he was on the waiver wire in my league after week 1. 

Edited by ohio#1eaglesfan
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, matthew berry said:

Sure but, “so painful that he could not sit down in front of his own locker” should mean some jack? 

But not painful enough to actually leave the game. So let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet

4 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

They're both right. Consider him on the same level as Mattison. Everyone knew he would be good if he started since he was so explosive, but people eventually gave up on him also because he wasn't starting, like any other upside handcuff. As soon as he took over everyone was rushing to grab him. 

13 minutes ago, kball09 said:

But not painful enough to actually leave the game. So let's not get ahead of ourselves just yet

Adrenaline is a powerful thing, but i agree all conjecture right so why bother. Probably wont know for sure until Sunday. 

46 minutes ago, GJDHouse said:

Wrong. I drafted him. Held him until week 7 or 8 (somewhere around there). He wasn’t getting any carries or targets. Had to drop him. 2-3 weeks later he blew up. 

He was was a rookie with potential but a lot of people had soured in him. I would compare him to a Darrel Henderson or something like that. Obviously Curley still in prime, but DH was drafted in the middle rounds in most leagues and will be dropped in most leagues by week 8. If Gurleys knees get balky DH might become a second half stud.  But he will be or is on the waivers in a lot of places. 

25 minutes ago, ohio#1eaglesfan said:

Also Kamara had Ingram and Peterson in front of him so he was on the waiver wire in my league after week 1. 

You guys are arguing completely different points. All I'm saying is everyone know DJs talents from the beginning of the season. He was drafted in both my leagues but whether you kept him or not really wasn't the point. Same thing with Kamara, 3rd string running back we knew would be good. 

Edmonds is not that. He's a handcuff that could be an Rb1/2 but this is not a passing of the torch season as suggested. 

3 minutes ago, yanksman said:

You guys are arguing completely different points. All I'm saying is everyone know DJs talents from the beginning of the season. He was drafted in both my leagues but whether you kept him or not really wasn't the point. Same thing with Kamara, 3rd string running back we knew would be good. 

Edmonds is not that. He's a handcuff that could be an Rb1/2 but this is not a passing of the torch season as suggested. 

That'd depend on how debilitating DJ's back becomes, and how Edmonds looks with the opportunity, wouldn't it?

It's not as if most of these transitions happen as cleanly as you're suggesting ("passing of the torch") in real life.

Stuff just happens.  Sometimes you think it's a one week thing til it isn't.  Wally Pip.

29 minutes ago, kball09 said:

They're both right. Consider him on the same level as Mattison. Everyone knew he would be good if he started since he was so explosive, but people eventually gave up on him also because he wasn't starting, like any other upside handcuff. As soon as he took over everyone was rushing to grab him. 

Also, Andre Ellington was still in the mix and his 2013 was on people's minds.

As I recall, even leading up to DJ's first start the general read was "two down back" while Ellington would hog the passing downs.

Anyway, some folks are saying they called DJ from the draft in 2015, and maybe they did, but I didn't speak with anyone in 2015 who did.  It was pretty much just an educated guess - kinda like the other poster mentioned about Darrell Henderson now, moreso than Mattison.

34 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

Also, Andre Ellington was still in the mix and his 2013 was on people's minds.

As I recall, even leading up to DJ's first start the general read was "two down back" while Ellington would hog the passing downs.

Anyway, some folks are saying they called DJ from the draft in 2015, and maybe they did, but I didn't speak with anyone in 2015 who did.  It was pretty much just an educated guess - kinda like the other poster mentioned about Darrell Henderson now, moreso than Mattison.

DJ wasn't on anybody's radar. He was a 4th round pick. 

• Like 1

Hoping for some clearer news tomorrow. 

I had dj last yr and was scared of Edmonds eating in to his production.

He definitely has the talent to take over and become explosive 

1 minute ago, austin316 said:

I just got my nose pierced. Am I like Kamara too?

Yes. You sir, are a league winner.

Yeah I'd pump the brakes on the Kamara comps. If you're looking for one I think Ekeler would be more accurate. 

You had me at kamara

all aboard

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I scooped up Edmonds in my 10 team league to see how the week plays out. 

Who else you pick up this week?

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Adrenaline is a powerful thing, but i agree all conjecture right so why bother. Probably wont know for sure until Sunday. 

Plus swelling can take time to take place.  You could feel great after a game then the next morning you start feeling everything.

26 minutes ago, savagenatn said:

Now we’re talking. 

Time to board the edmonds fitzgerald

Not sure that's a great nickname... the Edmund FItzgerald sank and all 29 people on board were killed. 

Chase Edmonds' number? 29. 💀

Edited by smeeze
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3