wendellrott

Daniel Jones 2019 Outlook

playing in a 12 team superflex league and am in bad need of a third QB !

what's the odds that Jones takes the helm before week 6 ?

everything is screaming to me that the Giants play the kid this season

can't do any worse than Eli

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wendellrott said:

what's the odds that Jones takes the helm before week 6?

before week 6? 1/10,000

before week 3? 2/1 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

with stats like this if Eli starts out 0-2 I can see week 3

Daniel Jones completed 4-of-4 passes for 47 yards in the Giants' preseason finale.

Overall, Jones completed 29-of-34 passes (85.0 completion percentage) for 416 yards, a pair of touchdowns, zero interceptions and a sterling 137.3 passer rating during the preseason. His average of 12.2 yards per pass attempt is easily the highest mark of any first-round quarterback during the last two preseasons, as Baker Mayfield (8.1 YPA) was the only other signal caller to clear even 7.5. Jones clearly offers more mobility and an enhanced willingness to throw downfield compared to Eli Manning, but the No. 6 overall pick will still start the season on the bench. The question is for how long.

To answer your question, my guess is he’ll have his first start by Week 6-7 at the latest.

I think with all the controversy surrounding the initial draft choice, followed up by all the preseason hype he’s been receiving, they’re going to want to see him on the field sooner rather than later.

Personally, I wouldn’t touch him or any Giants outside of Saquon, Engram and maybe Shep. I think they have one of the weakest WR committees currently in the league, and there’s too many talented QBs (Ben, Josh Allen, Rivers, Darnold, Cousins, even Dalton) available very late in the draft for me to even consider settling on Jones or Eli.

And I say this all as a die hard Giants fan...

22 minutes ago, JDE said:

Personally, I wouldn’t touch him or any Giants outside of Saquon, Engram and maybe Shep. I think they have one of the weakest WR committees currently in the league, and there’s too many talented QBs (Ben, Josh Allen, Rivers, Darnold, Cousins, even Dalton) available very late in the draft for me to even consider settling on Jones or Eli.

thanks

with 31 starting QB's already gone it's Jones or Flacco

I'm going Jones, with a rough first two games for the Giants which could mean an 0-2 start hoping Jones starts week 3  

15 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

thanks

with 31 starting QB's already gone it's Jones or Flacco

I'm going Jones, with a rough first two games for the Giants which could mean an 0-2 start hoping Jones starts week 3  

Flacco all day.  At least he’s a starting QB.  

I think the Giants let this preseason resonate with Jones and everyone else involved in the “I told you so pick”   Let him go into next year as the true starter.  

1 hour ago, wendellrott said:

That depends when ownership will be ok with Eli taking a seat permanently.  It doesn't even seem like it's the coaches decision at this point....

During some portion of the season it's going to be glaringly obvious he should be starting...

I'd draft him in a superflex league.  I don't know if I'd have the nads to draft him over Flacco just because of the unknown factor of when he will start.  If I heard he was starting week 1, I'd have him over Flacco for sure.

30 minutes ago, ItsMeMario said:

Eli is a system QB and he still suck.

lmao yeah it was all system those two clutch Super Bowl wins all thanks to his play. At least act like you know football before posting on a football forum

1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

I'd draft him in a superflex league.  I don't know if I'd have the nads to draft him over Flacco just because of the unknown factor of when he will start.  If I heard he was starting week 1, I'd have him over Flacco for sure.

Barring injury I really won't need him till week 6, and still yet can flex any other position player

so either QB will most likely be nothing more than taking up bench space

can't help but feel even without much in the way of receivers the Kid is something special

I really like the upside if he takes the reigns from Eli

1 hour ago, ItsMeMario said:

Eli is a system QB and he still suck.

was it the system that willed him out that sack and then launched the helmet ball?

look, he's no world beater, but the guy was tough n' clutch when it was most important - that cannot be taught, nor can it be systematically drilled in. 

i think he gets benched this year, yes ... but i won't besmerch a guy who did it on the biggest stage while playing in the league's biggest fishbowl. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wendellrott said:

what's the odds that Jones takes the helm before week 6 ?

Zero.

Easy schedule + better o line play + ownership, fans and the media's infatuation with Eli will make it extremely hard to do it unless things really collapse. I don't foresee that happening. The Giants are a much better team than people are giving them credit for.

I followed off-season moves, paid attention to camp and preseason and I like them to surprise people this year. Also, ideally, they want Jones to sit as long as possible. Jones is on track to be something special. They don't want to stunt that development by moving too quick.

1 hour ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

lmao yeah it was all system those two clutch Super Bowl wins all thanks to his play. At least act like you know football before posting on a football forum

Amazing helmet catch by the WR thats all ... Eli been sucking for years now 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ItsMeMario said:

Eli been sucking for years now 

Ain't gonna' say he's been sucking

but his fastball is looking like a dying quail nowadays

3 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

Ain't gonna' say he's been sucking

but his fastball is looking like a dying quail nowadays

Thats why they need to cut him and replace him right now. He is finito papito

2 QB leagues where all starting QBs are rostered...when should we be looking to add this guy?

If the Giants get into an early hole with the Cowboys and Eagles looking as good as expected, I can see Eli getting bench after the Patriots blow them out in Week 6.

41 minutes ago, UVA_Drew said:

2 QB leagues where all starting QBs are rostered...when should we be looking to add this guy?

If the Giants get into an early hole with the Cowboys and Eagles looking as good as expected, I can see Eli getting bench after the Patriots blow them out in Week 6.

He should already be owned

1. There are 2 options : 

A the offense is abysmal, in that case he will get playtime but in an abysmal offense. Is that really tempting ?

B the offense is decent, and then he won't get much playtime at all.

Edited by egolam

Eli is screwed. He could play well every week but the defense will prevent them from winning enough games to keep him as the starting quarterback. The Giants really botched everything about this situation. They should have either kept Eli and taken Allen or moved on if they really loved Jones. Not both.

2 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Eli is screwed. He could play well every week but the defense will prevent them from winning enough games to keep him as the starting quarterback. The Giants really botched everything about this situation. They should have either kept Eli and taken Allen or moved on if they really loved Jones. Not both.

I agree Eli is screwed, but I am not sure that the Giants botched the situation. If they loved Jones, they did not want to risk losing him by waiting until the later pick. Everyone seems so confident he would have been there, but the truth is we don't know. 

Then the reality of the situation from an NFL perspective, even if they start 0-6 then start Jones, that doesn't mean that this time is lost on him. Eli Manning is a professional. He is teaching Daniel Jones his study and work habits (even if he is not actively teaching him, Daniel can learn by watching Eli). Eli is also the type of person that when Daniel Jones takes over, he will not just pack it in and be all pouty about the situation. He will continue to be a professional and help Daniel Jones learn the NFL game if Daniel asks him questions. In the long run, this year of Eli and Daniel together, may do wonders for Daniel Jones career. 

In the end, Daniel Jones can still flop or succeed. However, I think his chances of being a productive NFL QB over his career are greatly increased by learning from a smart, hard working QB. 

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 10:24 AM, buzzkilloton said:

He should already be owned

On ‎9‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 9:42 AM, UVA_Drew said:

Week 2 was completely devastating for me in a 2 QB league

adding Jones hopefully

my season at 0-2 and no QB's is in the swamp

Excited about the Daniel Dimes era. Wish he had more weapons on the outside. Hoping Shepard comes back this week and Tate in a few more weeks will help big time. 

• Like 1

On 8/30/2019 at 11:07 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

before week 6? 1/10,000

before week 3? 2/1 

GIMME MY FRIGGIN' LOLLIPOP!!1! 🍭

• Haha 2

Golden Tate all day, can't wait til he gets back

• Like 1