Dirty Little Birdie

Kenny Stills 2019 Outlook

Posted (edited)

Didn’t see a thread for him. Do we think the trade to Houston helps or hurts his fantasy value? 

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

Helps, week 1 against the saints......

• Like 1

I think it helps, obviously. Rather be the 2nd, 3rd or even 4th option in this offense than anything in the Dolphins offense. 

• Like 1

You also have to  take into consideration the  fact that the Texans playbook is new to him and it will take some time to garner chemistry with Watson.  I was thinking more along the lines of rest of season 

I can't see it helping much...

He goes from being arguably the best or 2nd best WR on the Dolphins to a Texans team with Nuke, Fuller and Coutee.

I think the only way stills gets value is if/when Fuller and Coutee are hurt.  Obviously, there's a pretty good chance of that happening.

I was looking forward to Stills catching a few bombs from Fitzmagic.  But now he'll be buried in Houston.

The winner is probably Devante Parker....He had to be the de facto #1 for the Dolphins now and I haven't really heard anything but good reviews all off season.  Maybe Fitzmagic can get him going a bit.

As for Stills, waiver wire material IMO.

• Like 2

Stills is a fine (very) late stash.

Fuller and Coutee are as durable as damp tissue paper.

9 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

I can't see it helping much...

He goes from being arguably the best or 2nd best WR on the Dolphins to a Texans team with Nuke, Fuller and Coutee.

I think the only way stills gets value is if/when Fuller and Coutee are hurt.  Obviously, there's a pretty good chance of that happening.

I was looking forward to Stills catching a few bombs from Fitzmagic.  But now he'll be buried in Houston.

The winner is probably Devante Parker....He had to be the de facto #1 for the Dolphins now and I haven't really heard anything but good reviews all off season.  Maybe Fitzmagic can get him going a bit.

As for Stills, waiver wire material IMO.

Coutee is already hurt. I have a feeling that injury is more serious than Houston led us to believe. 

Stills is starting to cut into Keke Coutee's snap count. Stills played 32 snaps against the Chargers while Coutee played only 17 snaps.

Bill O'Brien has praised him for his intelligence and ability to quickly learn the Texans offense.

Through three games he's caught 9 passes for 164 yards and a TD. 

I'm gonna take a flier on him at the end of my bench just to see how this plays out. Fuller has a lengthy history of injuries and if he was to miss any time this year, Stills could play a larger role in that offense.

Edited by bpriess

He’s drawing rave reviews in Houston from his coaches and teammates. I think he’s a sneaky add. Could finish top 36. 

3 hours ago, CroNY said:

Does anyone have his snap % for the games he was healthy?

at Saints - 42%
Jaguars - 38%
at Chargers - 53%

• Thanks 1

His usage rate is top 15 in the league and actually has the highest yards per route run in the league. Limited sample size yes but I actually think he’s better than fuller. He can have a good game this weekend