dewaser

Devante Parker 2019 Outlook

Dolphins trade Kenny Stills. Ryan Fitzpatrick in at QB. Likely to be trailing a lot this year. Parker might finally be in a decent situation to put up some numbers in PPR

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, hagen910 said:

sleeper 5th year wr  

He's due!

But I did take a flyer on him in the last round 

12 minutes ago, Mr2Saint said:

I'm back in on Parker....

again.

Help.

Me too!

Help. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dewaser said:

Parker might finally be in a decent situation to put up some numbers in PPR

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He's the clear #1 WR there now, they're going to be behind a lot and playing catchup - should put up some big games finally, IF he can stay healthy!

If Fitz stays the starter, you can do worse.  He'll sling it everywhere.    They'll be behind a lot, and Parker still is free, essentially.   Fitz dont care, he's made money, he's in it for the love, and he loves to sling.

Once Rosen comes in, i'm less inclined.   He'll probably be more conservative, trying to create a career.    I absolutely expect both QB's to play.  Fitz won't be able to do enough to keep the job with the talent around him, and they'd be foolish to not see what he can do given his youth and potential.  

• Like 1

This guy could be a garbage time king this year. 3/73 off 7 targets. Seeing the most WR snaps. Not sure how it jives with Rosen but there is solid fantasy upside. This awful defense is going demand the offense take chances down the field.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

This guy could be a garbage time king this year. 3/73 off 7 targets. Seeing the most WR snaps. Not sure how it jives with Rosen but there is solid fantasy upside. This awful defense is going demand the offense take chances down the field.

Fitzpatrick is still starting I think. 

12 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

1. I still think Preston Williams is the guy you want. Fitz has apparently taken him under his wing. There's a hunger there. Devante just doesn't have the alpha attitude no matter how hard he tries.
  3. EDIT: Over time it seems he's been working on that alpha, but there's still something missing. I think maybe he's just good at leaping catches but not good at football.
Edited by TLBDS
  • Like 1

Have a weird feeling that this could be his year finally, when the rest of the team is struggling and he’s finally playing the entire game 

Drafted him and promptly dropped for Darren Waller. There's been a nagging itch for me to pick him back up ahead of Week 2. Was nearly an every down player and looked good considering how tragic the Dolphins performed. They are going to be trailing. Like every single game. And Parker's going to be seeing plenty of targets. WR3/Flex incoming. My only concerns are with Miami benching Fitzpatrick, who as long as he's the starter will pepper Parker with downfield looks. Also concerned he might be traded mid-season. 

Anyone else going to be dumb enough to start him today.. or just me? Really ugly at my 3rd WR so I am taking DPark over Aj Brown and Beasley. The biggest concern I think I have is that the Dolphins have no one else, so why wouldn’t Gilmore follow DeVante? 

I do like the game script coming with Fitz winging it.. but if Parker gets the same treatment as Juju last week (which he should) could be a ugly one. 

Edited by LarryDavid
  • Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 2:37 PM, Proto24 said:

Have a weird feeling that this could be his year finally, when the rest of the team is struggling and he’s finally playing the entire game 

I do think there's some post-hype sleeper potential for two reasons.  

First, like you said, he appears to be the #1 option at WR.  His playing time and snap count were sporadic under Gase.  

Second, and imo, more importantly, Parker is healthy.  It feels like every other year he played through some kind of nagging injury. 

Parker feels like he could be Allen Robinson (on Jags)-lite.  They even comp fairly decently.  Both big, athletic receivers who prefer deeper passes and can make jump ball, circus catches.  Like Arob on Jacksonville, Parker's routes could use a lot more polish and he's still not consistent in creating separation.  

Nonetheless, there's some appeal here in garbage time.  

1 hour ago, LarryDavid said:

Anyone else going to be dumb enough to start him today.. or just me? Really ugly at my 3rd WR so I am taking DPark over Aj Brown and Beasley. The biggest concern I think I have is that the Dolphins have no one else, so why wouldn’t Gilmore follow DeVante? 

I do like the game script coming with Fitz winging it.. but if Parker gets the same treatment as Juju last week (which he should) could be a ugly one. 

I am flexing him in one league.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LarryDavid said:

I'm rolling with Preston Williams over Parker.

• Like 1

On 9/1/2019 at 10:53 AM, dschddny said:

He's the clear #1 WR there now, they're going to be behind a lot and playing catchup - should put up some big games finally, IF he can stay healthy!

But, the thing is, the Miami Dolphins don't want to catch up . . .

On 9/15/2019 at 8:20 AM, disasterisk said:

I'm rolling with Preston Williams over Parker.

1. Congrats on the the right choice!
  3. Anyone in here have any reason to believe this (Preston >>> Devante) isn't what everyone should be doing...? Cause I sure don't.