dewaser

Devante Parker 2019 Outlook

Coming off a 15 pt game (half PPR) I'm looking at him on the WW. 

Any owners out there? I'm guessing he should get some garbage time opportunities this season...

Really, nobody? Team will always be in garbage time mode, if they improve a bit offensively throughout the season, Parker could be a legit viable flex guy imo. Nobody keeping eyes on him? 

I think if he has another good game this week you will see more posts here. I feel bad for the kid though, He's really talented and much better than his stats show, just drafted to a terrible organization and early injuries hurt his value bad

Picked him up off the wire. Figured a #1 option on a team thats always behind is at least promising compared to what else is there. Just hope he strings together a couple solid weeks and then look to package him for an upgrade somewhere else on my roster

Giving this a bump. Three solid weeks in a row, now a QB who loves to wing it (10 targets last week) and an awful defense. Plus their schedule is relatively easy the rest of the way outside of two matchups (this week vs PIT and one vs BUF.) He's also a trade candidate for those teams who miss out on Sanu, Sanders, and Green. I can easily see him returning low end WR2/high end WR3 value the rest of the way

• Like 1

I figure all the letdowns lead to this thread not having action. 

Fitzpatrick really makes parker super relevant imo.  Plus 3 straight games with a TD. Plus trade rumors. I'm fine either way if he's traded or not as long as Fitzpatrick is the QB

I'm starting him again this week. He's had top 15 air yards all season long , but on few targets and with Rosen.

Fitz is in and he got 10 targets last week. Finally a QB that can throw it to him and opportunity and the Dolphins are basically always down. My expectations are low though because Pittsbugh can basically do what the VIkings did to the Redskins and run it down their throats and waste all the time. 

3 minutes ago, DoYourJob said:

Might have to play if either JuJu or Allen is out this week. Kid looks solid.

JuJu practiced full today friend. 

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

JuJu practiced full today friend. 

I literally just saw after posting 😆

Thank goodness

• Like 1

Based on last night, and this weeks match up with gang green, really nice position for 12+ ppr points. I think he has a 50/50 shot at a score also on top of 12 pts

• Like 1

surprised nobody is talking about him as a speculative add, if he ends up going somewhere like NO he may be looking at low end WR2 production ROS for free, and you can just drop him if it doesn't work out and he stays in MIA

6 minutes ago, 9amest said:

surprised nobody is talking about him as a speculative add, if he ends up going somewhere like NO he may be looking at low end WR2 production ROS for free, and you can just drop him if it doesn't work out and he stays in MIA

That's pretty much it for me, hoping for good news in the next hour and a half.  Otherwise he's bye week filler / waiver wire material.  A shame he hasn't put it all together with all the natural talent he has.

Is this guy worth of a shot this week against the jets? Is he a high end wr3 guy? [...]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Assistant Coach content

A couple years ago I saw something special in Parker, I think he has lost that and is just a quality WR at best now. Factor in how bad the Mia offense is and of his 7 targets a game we’re lucky if any are quality targets. I feel like there’s going to be about 4 good plays a game in Miami and the rest are all improvised on the fly. Much safer taking the 3rd and 4th options on better teams. Josh Reynolds, Conley, Hardman, Lazard so on and so forth. Just my opinion but I do watch a lot of football and see much.

Great bye week filler in 12+ team leagues. You're hoping for 10 points from a bench guy during a bye week. This guy fits the bill. People need to get over the "But it's the Dolphins" aspect. Volume is volume.

• Like 1

Picked him up and starting him over McLaurin this week. Don’t trust Haskins—especially against the Bills—and Parker has been getting all the air yards /targets since Fitzmagic took over. Jets matchup for the Fins could be worse, too

• Like 1

Averaging 6.5 targets a game. Not the worst option tomorrow against the Jests if you're like me and are kinda desperate. 

He's been pretty startable the last 5 games he's played, and I think he becomes an even more attractive option with the P. Williams injury. 

• Like 1

Fitzmagic's real magic is making a Parker a consistent Wr3. At this point, he's a must add in all leagues. I don't see much difference between Parker and someone like John Brown. Both have high floors and not high ceilings. Parker has 50 yards or a TD in every game but 1 (vs Pats). He's scored more than 8.5 in every other game and people still out here hoping for 10 points

Edited by Itachi_is_the_goat

On 9/16/2019 at 12:12 PM, P@ckersFan said:

Unless you are in a 24 team 3 WR league there is no reason to own any receiver on the Dolphins. 

this is just a terrible take.  I'd take any player who is putting up the points.  Davante has been a consistent scorer over the past four weeks.  Might only go up from here.  Again - terrible take. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Itachi_is_the_goat said:

Fitzmagic's real magic is making a Parker a consistent Wr3. At this point, he's a must add in all leagues. I don't see much difference between Parker and someone like John Brown. Both have high floors and not high ceilings. Parker has 50 yards or a TD in every game but 1 (vs Pats). He's scored more than 8.5 in every other game and people still out here hoping for 10 points

Parker is probably the better play right about now. 

10 hours ago, dudewithabadcat said:

this is just a terrible take.  I'd take any player who is putting up the points.  Davante has been a consistent scorer over the past four weeks.  Might only go up from here.  Again - terrible take. 

Great job quoting a post from 2 months ago doofus.

Edited by P@ckersFan
  • Like 2