iowncrazyhair

D'Angelo Russell 2019-2020 Outlook

Recommended Posts

So i guess him and Steph will be having the green light on scoring right? Hope he can really fit their system  

Projections with his new team? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19/4/5 and 1 steal, 2,5 threes. Little bit better FG% (45?). 6th round probably. I think he takes as much shots as Klay (18), but due to worse FG% and a little bit less threes he finish about 19 points.

Edited by apatas
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

So i guess him and Steph will be having the green light on scoring right? Hope he can really fit their system  

Projections with his new team? 

Im high on Russell in GS, esp until Klay returns. Im assuming a drop in assists will be accompanied by a massive spike in efficiency, particularly in the fg% department. He shot a respectable 43% last year, but im expecting him to be in the 45-46% range. There also arent many scoring options on that team until Klay returns, so Russell should be able to eat good. My prediction 23 ppg-4 rpg-4.8apg-45.5%Fgs-3.2 3PTM-1.2 steals-2.5 Tos. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 11:50 AM, apatas said:

19/4/5 and 1 steal, 2,5 threes. Little bit better FG% (45?). 6th round probably. I think he takes as much shots as Klay (18), but due to worse FG% and a little bit less threes he finish about 19 points.

 

Low.  His points and assists will be higher.  I'm guessing 23/4/7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

 

Low.  His points and assists will be higher.  I'm guessing 23/4/7

Points: I don't argue, you can be right. Assists: I am almost sure that my 5 is closer to the reality than yours 7. Reason: don't forget about Draymond Green.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Draymond is going to be up on his a** telling him to stop taking long bombs, so expect a little rise in FG%. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im guessing dlo plays more point while steph shifts to the 2. but draymond probably gonna avg career high assists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Top 30. I actually think this kid is getting underrated quite a bit.

 

Playing with Curry is actually a blessing for this kid. He's literally the only superstar in this league who is elite on both on-ball and off-ball offense.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

Top 30. I actually think this kid is getting underrated quite a bit.

 

Playing with Curry is actually a blessing for this kid. He's literally the only superstar in this league who is elite on both on-ball and off-ball offense.

 

Now you're overrating him lol plenty of superstars are elite on and off the ball

Harden

George

Lillard

Curry

Kemba

Durant

Leonard

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

 

Now you're overrating him lol plenty of superstars are elite on and off the ball

Harden

George

Lillard

Curry

Kemba

Durant

Leonard

 

 

Not on the level of Curry, obviously.

Not saying that they are a lesser offensive contributor compared to Curry, since it's just a difference in style.

 

Personally, I think Kemba and Leonard should not be on that list.

George and Lillard can be debatable.

Harden and Durant (when healthy) is at the same, or a higher level compared to Curry.

 

Harden's offense is heavily centered on his on-ball skills and tendencies.

 

I believe that I'm not 'overrating' Curry by any means. I didn't state that he is a better 'two-way' superstar than those players or a better 'on-ball' iso machine compared to those players.

 

What I intended to say was that strictly on offense, Curry is the only player in this league who could pose a massive threat to the opponent's defense and open up space single-handedly using his crazy long range and movements, both on-ball and off-ball, which would be a factor that could impact the value of D'Lo in terms of fantasy.

 

Overall, I believe Harden and Giannis is the current best offensive weapons in the NBA. But I wouldn't like to own the second option who plays aside those two in fantasy.

 

On the other hand, I would love to own a second option who would play next to Curry. Simple as that.

Edited by jhsong916
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From

7 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

He's literally the only superstar in this league who is elite on both on-ball and off-ball offense.

To:

2 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

Harden and Durant (when healthy) is at the same, or a higher level compared to Curry.

Hmm, I am a little confused what is the point you are trying to make.

 

2 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

Curry is the only player in this league who could pose a massive threat to the opponent's defense and open up space single-handedly using his crazy long range and movements, both on-ball and off-ball,

For this, I have to say that  many good 3P shooters pose a massive threat on opponents defense, both  on-ball and off-ball. Just to name few (obviously not as good as Curry) that  have over 3p% over 40% on mare than 2 attempts:  Gallo, Brogdon, J. Harris, Hield, Klay, Kyrie...

They all impact defense on and off ball. Not to the same extent as Curry, but impact is "massive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I realized that it might sound a bit contradictory, but the logic was quite simple.

 

This is a D'angelo Russell 2019-2020 Fantasy Thread, and I thought that the skillset and offensive tendency of Curry would have a huge positive impact on D'lo due to his unique, unmatched balance of on-ball + off-ball influence on the court.

 

Which was why I've added that I consider Harden and Giannis as a better offensive player overall, because I didn't want anyone to misunderstand my statement as claimimg Curry to be the 'best' offensive player in the league.

 

In terms of real-life, I think Harden and Giannis is better. But in terms of fantasy, Curry is the one who could actually boost, or at least not hinder, the value of his backcourt partner.

 

Oh, and I am aware of the fact that there are many elite 3 point shooters that can provide great spacing, but as already stated, none of them are nearly good enough compared to Curry, which means that their presence would probably not effect their teammate's fantasy value (as much as Curry).

 

In other words, my comments about Curry was mostly focused on the influence that it would have on the fantasy value of D'Lo. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

I know that even this comment can be debatable, but I've seen so many posts and comments claiming that the fantasy value of D'Lo would plummet due to the existence of Curry (fortunately, not on this post), which in my opinion is absolutely false.

Edited by jhsong916
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jhsong916 said:

I realized that it might sound a bit contradictory, but the logic was quite simple.

 

This is a D'angelo Russell 2019-2020 Fantasy Thread, and I thought that the skillset and offensive tendency of Curry would have a huge positive impact on D'lo due to his unique, unmatched balance of on-ball + off-ball influence on the court.

 

Which was why I've added that I consider Harden and Giannis as a better offensive player overall, because I didn't want anyone to misunderstand my statement as claimimg Curry to be the 'best' offensive player in the league.

 

In terms of real-life, I think Harden and Giannis is better. But in terms of fantasy, Curry is the one who could actually boost, or at least not hinder, the value of his backcourt partner.

 

Oh, and I am aware of the fact that there are many elite 3 point shooters that can provide great spacing, but as already stated, none of them are nearly good enough compared to Curry, which means that their presence would probably not effect their teammate's fantasy value (as much as Curry).

 

In other words, my comments about Curry was mostly focused on the influence that it would have on the fantasy value of D'Lo. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

I know that even this comment can be debatable, but I've seen so many posts and comments claiming that the fantasy value of D'Lo would plummet due to the existence of Curry (fortunately, not on this post), which in my opinion is absolutely false.

 

Curry's "gravity" is all time goat level and he's the pnr + off ball master.  These are all excellent things for D-Lo.  The thing that I was initially thinking about is that he thrives in pick and roll and Brooklyn was heavy iso / pick and roll...what he doesn't thrive in is catch and shoot.  So wondering about the fit in Golden State...but I think he'll be fine, but it's something to consider.  They're smart and I think they'll incorporate him well.  

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 11:04 AM, jhsong916 said:

 

Not on the level of Curry, obviously.

Not saying that they are a lesser offensive contributor compared to Curry, since it's just a difference in style.

 

Personally, I think Kemba and Leonard should not be on that list.

George and Lillard can be debatable.

Harden and Durant (when healthy) is at the same, or a higher level compared to Curry.

 

Harden's offense is heavily centered on his on-ball skills and tendencies.

 

I believe that I'm not 'overrating' Curry by any means. I didn't state that he is a better 'two-way' superstar than those players or a better 'on-ball' iso machine compared to those players.

 

What I intended to say was that strictly on offense, Curry is the only player in this league who could pose a massive threat to the opponent's defense and open up space single-handedly using his crazy long range and movements, both on-ball and off-ball, which would be a factor that could impact the value of D'Lo in terms of fantasy.

 

Overall, I believe Harden and Giannis is the current best offensive weapons in the NBA. But I wouldn't like to own the second option who plays aside those two in fantasy.

 

On the other hand, I would love to own a second option who would play next to Curry. Simple as that.

I think I get what you're trying to say. Currys ability to space the floor from so far out is unmatched and because he forces defenders to guard him 7ft behind the 3pt line whether or not he has the ball in hand or not, significantly effects his team mates in a positive way like no one else. Lillard is similar but he can't drain 3s like steph and Lillard is harmful at times with his ego in thinking he can shoot like steph, when hes not close. Paul George was right, Lillard did take a bad shot on that great game winner. The winner was epic, but getting lucky doesn't equate to it being a good shot. That's maybe a good shot for steph though, and only steph. 

There are better offensive threats on and off ball than curry, but no one comes close to the indirect effect he has on his team. Curry might make players around him better than anyone else in the NBA, which fares very well for D Lo and even Draymond with durant's shots needing to go somewhere. However, D lo cant shoot as well as Klay so I can't see him doing much more than klay did, except slightly more assists with less fg% and much higher TO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2019 at 1:15 PM, Gile Pile said:

From

To:

Hmm, I am a little confused what is the point you are trying to make.

 

For this, I have to say that  many good 3P shooters pose a massive threat on opponents defense, both  on-ball and off-ball. Just to name few (obviously not as good as Curry) that  have over 3p% over 40% on mare than 2 attempts:  Gallo, Brogdon, J. Harris, Hield, Klay, Kyrie...

They all impact defense on and off ball. Not to the same extent as Curry, but impact is "massive.

 

It's not about the 3 pt % open or on ball in general, it's more about the 3pt % when far beyond the 3 pt line. Only curry and lillard bomb 3s from outer space consistently and make them..Harden doesn't do that like them. Harden steps back and shoots an inch behind the 3 most often. 

Those extra feet of coverage needed to guard that 3 point bomb do quite a bit for their team. They're essentially shooting 4 pointers if there was an imaginary line, where you don't actually get an extra point, but your team gets a boost by forcing defenses so far out. Curry knows what to do after that so well and is such an amazing team mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got him in the 5th round. Maybe I reached a bit but I have a good feeling about him this year. He'll take some much needed pressure off of curry 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fabrar said:

I got him in the 5th round. Maybe I reached a bit 

That is not a reach.  Dude rarely lasts past the third in big money leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fabrar said:

I got him in the 5th round. Maybe I reached a bit but I have a good feeling about him this year. He'll take some much needed pressure off of curry 

 

This guy ranked 37th on BBM last year with punting TOs. Not a reach at all. I'm expecting big things from him this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, fabrar said:

I got him in the 5th round. Maybe I reached a bit but I have a good feeling about him this year. He'll take some much needed pressure off of curry 

Reached in 5th? Cmon fam lol 🤨

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Took him in the 3rd round, in my punt FG hoping he goes off. I mean aside from Curry who else is scoring points, Dray isn’t a scorer, Klay is dead, he’s definitely putting up 25/5/5 I think, just hoping he pumps up his FT attempts and steals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just drafted him in the 5th round - surprised he fell to there but no complaints at all. I think he can definitely return top 30 value. Something like 23/5/4 isn't too far out of the question. Maybe playing in a better system with better teammates will even help his efficiency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any thoughts on his value now that Kerr all but confirmed that Klay isn't playing at all this year? Will GS keep him past the trade deadline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Semitar said:

Any thoughts on his value now that Kerr all but confirmed that Klay isn't playing at all this year? Will GS keep him past the trade deadline?


Of course yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's early. But what an ugly start. 1 rebound in 2 games and getting ejected. I'll play patient and not drop, but I'm inclined to trade him for someone at this stage. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, dannyusf said:

I know it's early. But what an ugly start. 1 rebound in 2 games and getting ejected. I'll play patient and not drop, but I'm inclined to trade him for someone at this stage. 

You thought about dropping a guy who avgd 21/7/4 last year, 2 games into the season with a brand new team?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...