tonycpsu

2019 FAAB Questions and Discussion

Recommended Posts

Ask your FAAB questions here.  FAAB questions in Football Talk may be moved here or removed at the staff's discretion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you @tonycpsu for starting this new thread, I'll go ahead and get it kicked off.

$100 budget, 12 team 0.5 ppr, standard roster spots

My team is kinda stacked on wr and struggling at rb so I'll probably put in some low bids on some guys I like it and save some money since I don't see any big adds at rb. Here's a list of all the guys on my radar (Hollywood and RoJo are owned in my league).

WR: Ross, McLaurin, and Crowder (and for really deep leagues I'd take a look at Chark)

RB: Malcolm Brown, Chris Thompson, Gio Bernard, Burkhead

TE: Hockenson

I'm putting in bids for McLaurin ($11), Thompson($3), and Hockenson($10). It's my first time playing FAAB this year so my numbers might possibly be too low? Any feedback is appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here are some guys which are on the WW this week. What should be bid for them?

John Ross

Marquise Brown

John Brown

DJ Chark

Terry McLaurin

Chris Conley

Marlcom Brown

AJ Brown

 

I'm going for McLaurin and Malcom Brown. As I know the people in my league they will go hard on Ross and Hollywood and I hope I can get McLaurin at a slight discount.

Thinking ~15$ each. What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how much for T.J. Hockenson? Currently have Graham and BUrton. Had to pick up Graham because of Burton injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, stay_woke said:

Thank you @tonycpsu for starting this new thread, I'll go ahead and get it kicked off.

$100 budget, 12 team 0.5 ppr, standard roster spots

My team is kinda stacked on wr and struggling at rb so I'll probably put in some low bids on some guys I like it and save some money since I don't see any big adds at rb. Here's a list of all the guys on my radar (Hollywood and RoJo are owned in my league).

WR: Ross, McLaurin, and Crowder (and for really deep leagues I'd take a look at Chark)

RB: Malcolm Brown, Chris Thompson, Gio Bernard, Burkhead

TE: Hockenson

I'm putting in bids for McLaurin ($11), Thompson($3), and Hockenson($10). It's my first time playing FAAB this year so my numbers might possibly be too low? Any feedback is appreciated.

 

Ok so I’m in a similar situation expect my league is 1 point PPR 12 man.  So I’ll go had a gauge what’s I think.  We also have a 100 budget.  These are my thoughts:

WR

Ross-$8-$10

McLaurin-$10-$12

Crowder-$7-$10

RB

Malcom Brown-$25-$30 (maybe even more depending on RB situation)

Chris Thompson-$2-$3

Gio Bernard-$5 (is Mixon seriously hurt? If so then value goes up)

burkhead-$1

 

TE

Hockenson-$15-$20

 

Those are my subjective values.  

Can someone value the following at $100 budget:

 

Hollywood Brown

John Ross

McLaurin

Malcom Brown

 

I am thinking of bidding $30 for Hollywood Brown.  I have Lamar and want the stack bad.  Probably too much but I’m not sure what to do.  

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2019 at 3:24 PM, crazyfingers711 said:

% to bid on Shady McCoy?  

 

Hell i'd bid 50% at a minimum.  Floor is 50/50 timeshare and ceiling is he takes over the main role in the time share.  Plus without Tyreek I think they use the RBs more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, dlionsfan901 said:

 

Ok so I’m in a similar situation expect my league is 1 point PPR 12 man.  So I’ll go had a gauge what’s I think.  We also have a 100 budget.  These are my thoughts:

WR

Ross-$8-$10

McLaurin-$10-$12

Crowder-$7-$10

RB

Malcom Brown-$25-$30 (maybe even more depending on RB situation)

Chris Thompson-$2-$3

Gio Bernard-$5 (is Mixon seriously hurt? If so then value goes up)

burkhead-$1

 

TE

Hockenson-$15-$20

 

Those are my subjective values.  

Can someone value the following at $100 budget:

 

Hollywood Brown

John Ross

McLaurin

Malcom Brown

 

I am thinking of bidding $30 for Hollywood Brown.  I have Lamar and want the stack bad.  Probably too much but I’m not sure what to do.  

 

 

 

Hollywood - 10%. I'm probably not getting him at that price but i'm not convinced of any of the BAL week 1 performances.  Maybe I'll miss out but I think MIA is just that awful.

John Ross - 10%. Looked good and the talent has always been there.  Possible that Zac Taylor is the one to finally unleash it.  Ceiling is still WR3/Flex IMO.

Terry McLaurin - 5%. This offense is still not very good and I'm not buying into rookie WRs.  I'll miss out on the occasional OBJ but 99% of the time these guys dont offer consistent production.

Malcolm Brown - 15%. Gurley is still the main RB but with his redzone work he has some flex appeal.  Plus he's the clear guy behind Gurley so there is elite upside if Gurley goes down

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those of you in FAAB leagues and own Gurley, how much are you looking to spend on [Malcolm] Brown? I know it is pretty league specific and depends on the spending habits of your other league-mates. But just curious.

Edited by tonycpsu
FAAB question moved from player thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

For those of you in FAAB leagues and own Gurley, how much are you looking to spend on Brown? I know it is pretty league specific and depends on the spending habits of your other league-mates. But just curious.

 

You might be spending a f--- ton for him, maybe a good 50% or more, but gurley may get more and more use as the season goes on, his value is sky high if gurley goes down

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

 

You might be spending a f--- ton for him, maybe a good 50% or more, but gurley may get more and more use as the season goes on, his value is sky high if gurley goes down

How much would you drop on Terry McLaurin out of 100$

Honestly I have Hollywood Brown on my keeper league bench.. But out of all the options left on the wire Ross, T.J Brown etc receiver wise I think far and beyond he is the best especially for a keeper league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NyZD said:

How much would you drop on Terry McLaurin out of 100$

Honestly I have Hollywood Brown on my keeper league bench.. But out of all the options left on the wire Ross, T.J Brown etc receiver wise I think far and beyond he is the best especially for a keeper league.

Not much, maybe what 20% I need to look at terrys snapcount, also depends on your league. A lot of these guys could have been free a week ago sucks, but don't let week one wonders take hodl of you.

If you have a good team but a down week, I would hold onto your faab and save it for a real waiver pickup, mainly rbs have more value than wrs, most of these guys look to be boom or bust imo.

Some could be free once waivers clear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Not much, maybe what 20% I need to look at terrys snapcount, also depends on your league. A lot of these guys could have been free a week ago sucks, but don't let week one wonders take hodl of you.

If you have a good team but a down week, I would hold onto your faab and save it for a real waiver pickup, mainly rbs have more value than wrs, most of these guys look to be boom or bust imo.

Some could be free once waivers clear.

very competitive keeper league my team is loaded.. Have Mack as a keeper my last year for Davante Adams as a keeper so I really want to make a push this year so I'm willing to be a little excessive.. I have Singletary , Hollywood etc on my bench so just looking to add other good keepers in an attempt to possibly flip them later.. But thanks for the advice 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NyZD said:

very competitive keeper league my team is loaded.. Have Mack as a keeper my last year for Davante Adams as a keeper so I really want to make a push this year so I'm willing to be a little excessive.. I have Singletary , Hollywood etc on my bench so just looking to add other good keepers in an attempt to possibly flip them later.. But thanks for the advice 

Shhhhh ok then yes spend some good faab then for Terry, he will eventually be the WR1 for this football team by next year, s--- maybe by the end of this year. I like him a lot, I don't like his QB but who knows lol

Edited by CABLE87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CABLE87 said:

Shhhhh ok then yes spend some good faab then for Terry, he will eventually be the WR1 for this football team by next year, s--- maybe by the end of this year. I like him a lot, I don't like his QB but who knows lol

Keenan supported Theilan (1200/4) and Diggs (849/8) just two years ago so it’s not out of the realm he can support Terry 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WaiverLooter said:

With the news to Guice and the fact that Redskins don't look like they will be in positive game scripts much this year, Chris Thompson is an enticing option. There's no better RB add this week. Not much of anything for RB this week to be honest. Only 13% owned in yahoo leagues.

This... I waited on RB a little so this guy is very interesting Imo. Injury history scares me, but think I’m gonna go hard after him. How much you guys spending on him? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

This... I waited on RB a little so this guy is very interesting Imo. Injury history scares me, but think I’m gonna go hard after him. How much you guys spending on him? 

Came to see what people are spending Thompson too.  He’s burned me before so definitely hesitant 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, phisouza33 said:

This... I waited on RB a little so this guy is very interesting Imo. Injury history scares me, but think I’m gonna go hard after him. How much you guys spending on him? 

 

This is a bit of a tough one. I play in a waiver priority league but if you had to set a budget, consider these things:

1) There's no guarantee that he will stay healthy the whole year

2) Trade deadline is not over, and a guy like Drake or Melvin Gordon can really deteriorate the situation

3) It's week 1 so there's going to be plenty of other opportunities later (ie Todd Gurley with his knee issue)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Answer said:

Came to see what people are spending Thompson too.  He’s burned me before so definitely hesitant 

Totally. In my mind I’m thinking 20 would get him in 100 budget? I’m really torn, that seems like a lot for week 1. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TB44 said:

DJax on the wire - $100 budget. What would you bid?

He's boom or bust, with pederson he should have a decent floor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

how much FAAB we looking to spend on [McLaurin]? out of $100.

Edited by tonycpsu
FAAB question moved from player thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.