Sign in to follow this  
TheGreatest42

Tucker and Lux are coming off NA. How do I make room?

I have both Tucker and Lux in a daily H2H categories keeper league and their call-ups are creating a logjam for my team.  It's a good problem to have, but am conflicted on what to do. 

Next year is the final season of the league, so though it's a keeper I'm not focused on potential past 2020. 

Batting categories are R, HR, RBI, SB, K, OBP.  Pitching categories are S, K, HLD, ERA, WHIP, QS.

My team:

• C - Realmuto
  • 1B - Alonso, Olsen
  • 2B - Mondesi, Villar
  • 3B - Bregman, Machado
  • SS - Turner
  • OF - Ozuna, Rosario, Franmil
  • SP - Morton, Corbin, Luis Castillo, Sonny Gray, Paddack, Gallen, Caleb Smith, Boyd
  • RP - Osuna, Neris, Bummer
  • DL - Hiura
  • NA - Luzardo

Some thoughts:

1) There are no batters I'm thrilled about throwing back.  Both Lux and Tucker would figure to be Util players most of the time, and of course with Tucker in particular there are playing time concerns.  I don't plan on keeping Olsen next season because his price point is too high, but since the trade deadline is over anyone I throw back will be a straight-up cut, meaning they'll hit FA right as we're entering the playoffs. 

2) Of my pitchers Bummer may seem to be an easy throwback, though he is my only pitcher who pitches for Holds.  (As it is, I should swap him out for a different MR who is pitching well.  He hasn't been hot lately.  I digress.)

3) I could see throwing back Smith and Gallen, though I would not be excited about the balance of my team.  On any given full-slate day I would have three batters riding the bench, and in a league with very competitive pitching I feel I would struggle by losing two of my SPs.  Even though Smith and Gallen are on a slide, depending on matchups they could be serviceable in at least contributing to Ks and QS. 

4) We keep hearing that Paddack may be shut down soon.  If so, does he go back on NA?  It could potentially time out nicely with a Luzardo call-up, though there are too many variables here to count on.  

I'm currently 4th in my league going into the playoffs.

I'm struggling with this decision and would be grateful if others would weigh in. 

Thank you!!

If your league is disbanding, I see no reason to get either guy IMHO. Your team is stacked and if you need any help, it’s your SP rotation.

1 hour ago, charger_ss24 said:

If your league is disbanding, I see no reason to get either guy IMHO. Your team is stacked and if you need any help, it’s your SP rotation.

Thanks, Charger.  Both of these players have already been on my team in NA slots, though, so I wouldn't be picking them off the waiver wire.  A benefit to holding them is that I would have the option to keep them both very cheap next season in the final year of the league.  I should have clarified that in my original post. 

10 hours ago, TheGreatest42 said:

Thanks, Charger.  Both of these players have already been on my team in NA slots, though, so I wouldn't be picking them off the waiver wire.  A benefit to holding them is that I would have the option to keep them both very cheap next season in the final year of the league.  I should have clarified that in my original post. 

I see! Could you leave them in your NA to prevent anyone from getting them? Or do you need to move them right away?

8 hours ago, charger_ss24 said:

I see! Could you leave them in your NA to prevent anyone from getting them? Or do you need to move them right away?

I'm not able to make any other moves (picking up streaming pitchers, upgrading my middle relievers, etc...) with active players in my NA slots, so it ties my hands in that respect.  

Does anyone else have thoughts?